Notices
2015 - 2020 Discuss the Current Generation

2016 Mustang

Old 9/29/15, 07:19 AM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: September 29, 2015
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 Mustang

I picked up my new mustang convertible Friday! I noticed a couple of improvements over 2015 . I am not a short person,but last year's model had me raising my seat so I could see over the hood . I don't have to do that now. New sync 3 is nice. My stang also rides better.I have adaptive cruise control haven't used that yet. Windshield wipers come on automatically when it's raining. So far so good! Nice ride!
yabutt is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by yabutt:
ofequipmentgolf (11/8/16), rpoppertdomi (10/25/16)
Old 9/29/15, 07:36 AM
  #2  
GT Member
 
CoyotePremium13's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 5, 2014
Location: Lincolnton, NC
Posts: 163
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by yabutt View Post
I picked up my new mustang convertible Friday! I noticed a couple of improvements over 2015 . I am not a short person,but last year's model had me raising my seat so I could see over the hood . I don't have to do that now. New sync 3 is nice. My stang also rides better.I have adaptive cruise control haven't used that yet. Windshield wipers come on automatically when it's raining. So far so good! Nice ride!
Congrats on the ride! Adaptive cruise is by far the best thing for highway trips. It works very well! I took a 30 mile trip and never had to hit the gas or brake or even cancel cruise the entire time. It did all the work for me. Of course I never trust the car so I had my foot hovering just in case.

Wipers in my opinion are way too sensitive. Even on the lowest setting. But they are still nice to have.

Last edited by CoyotePremium13; 9/29/15 at 07:37 AM.
CoyotePremium13 is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by CoyotePremium13:
ofequipmentgolf (11/8/16), rpoppertdomi (10/25/16)
Old 9/29/15, 08:29 AM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: September 29, 2015
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CoyotePremium13 View Post
Congrats on the ride! Adaptive cruise is by far the best thing for highway trips. It works very well! I took a 30 mile trip and never had to hit the gas or brake or even cancel cruise the entire time. It did all the work for me. Of course I never trust the car so I had my foot hovering just in case.

Wipers in my opinion are way too sensitive. Even on the lowest setting. But they are still nice to have.
I am also Leary and would have my foot ready just in case 😁
yabutt is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by yabutt:
ofequipmentgolf (11/8/16), rpoppertdomi (10/25/16)
Old 9/29/15, 08:32 AM
  #4  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: October 12, 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,188
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by yabutt View Post
I am also Leary and would have my foot ready just in case 😁
I was like that too right after we go our 2012 Explorer with Adaptive Cruise. But after a while you start to trust it. Though I still pay attention. If I see traffic slowing way down up ahead I'll cancel cruise and slow gradually rather than let the adaptive cruise slam on the brakes.

We also started with the level 4 gap, but now we almost always use the level 1 gap and are still twice as far away from the car in front of us than most cars on the highway.
AWmustang is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by AWmustang:
ofequipmentgolf (11/8/16), rpoppertdomi (10/25/16)
Old 10/8/15, 04:18 PM
  #5  
Bullitt Member
 
Garbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 13, 2013
Location: Kirkland
Posts: 335
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Adaptive cruise is great, but there are 2 things that get me. Someone changing lanes quickly, and if you are on a 4 lane, and you come to a corner, and the guy in the right lane is a bit ahead, it picks that up briefly, and slows for a second...otherwise, where has it been all my life???
Garbone is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Garbone:
ofequipmentgolf (11/8/16), rpoppertdomi (10/25/16)
Old 10/9/15, 08:15 AM
  #6  
Cobra Member
 
JoeMidnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 21, 2014
Location: Canada, Ontario
Posts: 1,100
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
People that have adaptive cruise control equipped in their cars also have a feature that no one else have. precharged braking ability. Adaptive Cruise Control will precharge your brakes while the ACC is being used to help anticipate quick braking if needed, in case someone did jump in front of you and you needed extra stopping power.
JoeMidnight is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by JoeMidnight:
ofequipmentgolf (11/8/16), rpoppertdomi (10/25/16)
Old 10/9/15, 01:55 PM
  #7  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: October 12, 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,188
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight View Post
People that have adaptive cruise control equipped in their cars also have a feature that no one else have. precharged braking ability. Adaptive Cruise Control will precharge your brakes while the ACC is being used to help anticipate quick braking if needed, in case someone did jump in front of you and you needed extra stopping power.
Actually the precharge function is available at all times the car the is traveling greater than 5 mph, whether you are using cruise or not. Also, it sounds a chime warning and flashes a red light bar in the windshield.
AWmustang is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by AWmustang:
ofequipmentgolf (11/8/16), rpoppertdomi (10/25/16)
Old 10/18/15, 09:44 PM
  #8  
Cobra Member
 
HizliBullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 11, 2009
Posts: 1,123
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AWmustang View Post
Actually the precharge function is available at all times the car the is traveling greater than 5 mph, whether you are using cruise or not. Also, it sounds a chime warning and flashes a red light bar in the windshield.
Its adaptive cruise with collision warning, this video will clear up how they work

HizliBullet is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by HizliBullet:
ofequipmentgolf (11/8/16), rpoppertdomi (10/25/16)
Old 10/22/15, 09:18 PM
  #9  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: September 29, 2015
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HizliBullet View Post
Its adaptive cruise with collision warning, this video will clear up how they work

Adaptive cruise control│Ford How-To Video - YouTube
thanks!
yabutt is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by yabutt:
ofequipmentgolf (11/8/16), rpoppertdomi (10/25/16)
Old 10/22/15, 09:20 PM
  #10  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: September 29, 2015
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HizliBullet View Post
Its adaptive cruise with collision warning, this video will clear up how they work

Adaptive cruise control│Ford How-To Video - YouTube
thanks!
yabutt is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by yabutt:
ofequipmentgolf (11/8/16), rpoppertdomi (10/25/16)
Old 10/23/15, 01:05 PM
  #11  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: October 12, 2004
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,188
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HizliBullet View Post
Its adaptive cruise with collision warning, this video will clear up how they work

Adaptive cruise control│Ford How-To Video - YouTube

Yes, I'm aware. I've had the feature since 2012 in my Ford Explorer. This video only shows how the adaptive cruise works. My point was that the collision warning and brake pre-charge is active at all times regardless of whether you are using cruise.
The system won't hit the brakes unless you are using cruise, but the pre-charge will help you use the full braking capability of the car with less effort and pedal travel if the car senses a collision is imminent.
AWmustang is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by AWmustang:
ofequipmentgolf (11/8/16), rpoppertdomi (10/25/16)
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Jim74656
SN95 Mustang
7
12/27/18 02:53 PM
TripleBlack14
GT350
3
7/30/15 02:31 PM
Captain Spadaro
2015 - 2020
5
7/27/15 09:49 AM
carid
Vendor Showcase
3
7/17/15 05:40 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 Mustang


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.