2012-2013 BOSS 302
View Poll Results: CONFIRMED pricing only - How much are you paying for your Boss/LS (by type of car)?
Boss - under MSRP
11.02%
Boss - MSRP
58.27%
Boss - 0 to 2k over MSRP
7.09%
Boss - 2 to 4k over MSRP
0.79%
Boss - more than 4k over MSRP
1.57%
LS - under MSRP
3.15%
LS - MSRP
12.60%
LS - 0 to 3k over MSRP
1.57%
LS - 3 to 5k over MSRP
3.15%
LS - more than 5k over MSRP
0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Those who have ordered - what are you paying?

Search this Thread

Old 12/3/10, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06GT
x-rated
SVT vehicles usually not part of X-Plan. I'm surprised Ford is letting the BOSS go under X.
Old 12/3/10, 09:28 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Scruffy281
SVT vehicles usually not part of X-Plan. I'm surprised Ford is letting the BOSS go under X.
LOL!! I don't think that's what 06GT was referring to.
Old 12/3/10, 10:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PTRocks
LOL!! I don't think that's what 06GT was referring to.
Old 12/3/10, 03:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just added my vote to the list - Woot!!!

EDIT: By the way, thanks to everyone who has voted so far, it helped me a lot with closing my deal.
I was doing a lot of searching a few days ago. It does help knowing what others are getting.

I was on my way to sign for a regular Boss at 1000 over and stopped in at my local dealer on the way. Half hour later I had it signed at MSRP (29th) next day they sold the one LS at sticker also (I can confirm that). They have 2 more reg Bosses for MSRP also.

I got the Seats/Diff package, NQ Yellow paint but not the mats/cover. I also had them write the race key in the contract, see how that goes as there is no price on it yet. Dealer fee is $300 on top of MSRP.

Good luck to all, right now I think MSRP is a good deal. Paying 1000 over on a LS may not be a bad deal depending on how many are around were you live. It is still possible that the price will go up depending on orders, considering lack of any real advertising (TV commercials etc.) they are selling.
Old 12/3/10, 03:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Scruffy281
The only SVT Mustang that is currently in production is the Shelby GT500. The Boss 302 is not an SVT-branded or engineered vehicle.
Old 12/3/10, 03:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
Dealer fee is $300 on top of MSRP.
What is the dealer fee for?
Old 12/3/10, 04:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
What is the dealer fee for?
In my neck of the woods it's a "paperwork" (read: more profit) thing they don't tell you about until you sign on the line.

It works something like this - customer agrees to a price on a vehicle they just gotta have. Then when they sit down to sign all the papers they start to see the fees add up - lemon law,tag, title, etc., etc., Most dealers think a customer won't walk away over $300 or whatever fee they want to charge. Funny that a local Chevy dealer has a higher fee than the Ferrari dealer. I always negotiate the bottomline, out the door price including everything like sales tax, fees, tag, title, etc. The fee is negotiable.

Last edited by 1FAFP90; 12/3/10 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12/3/10, 06:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 1FAFP90
In my neck of the woods it's a "paperwork" (read: more profit) thing they don't tell you about until you sign on the line.

It works something like this - customer agrees to a price on a vehicle they just gotta have. Then when they sit down to sign all the papers they start to see the fees add up - lemon law,tag, title, etc., etc., Most dealers think a customer won't walk away over $300 or whatever fee they want to charge. Funny that a local Chevy dealer has a higher fee than the Ferrari dealer. I always negotiate the bottomline, out the door price including everything like sales tax, fees, tag, title, etc. The fee is negotiable.
And that has been my experience as well.

2012YellowBoss, perhaps you could ask your dealer about that fee.
Old 12/3/10, 09:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And that has been my experience as well.

2012YellowBoss, perhaps you could ask your dealer about that fee.
You can call me Scott

The dealer fee is something most dealers add, at least here in Fl. 300 is not bad, every other dealer I checked with is 600. It also includes things like the first tank of gas, oil change etc plus the "paperwork". I just got a F150 from them and paid it on the truck.

Money is money and I like to save but I am just happy I got it at sticker, $300 tax and tags.
Old 12/4/10, 10:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Order to be placed next week. White/Recaros/cover.
Old 12/4/10, 03:42 PM
GT Member

Put another check mark under "Laguna Seca for MSRP"

Confirmed the order info and wrote the deposit check today. But it will be a long wait, I'm their second and last LS allocation (4th Qtr).

For the record, it'll be Ingot Silver.
Old 12/4/10, 03:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 66sprint200

Confirmed the order info and wrote the deposit check today. But it will be a long wait, I'm their second and last LS allocation (4th Qtr).

Congrats,,,Hell of a first post!

LQQK
Old 12/4/10, 05:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 66sprint200

Congrats !!

Although I hear Black is the faster color
Old 12/7/10, 02:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I am going to work on MSRP for mine but the ordering guide is kinda disappointing because i am seeing certain things "restricted" on my car like NAVI ( again i am confirming everything ) ... i intead to drive my car and put miles on it; its not going to be a cacoon car.
Old 12/7/10, 03:21 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by exarkun
I am going to work on MSRP for mine but the ordering guide is kinda disappointing because i am seeing certain things "restricted" on my car like NAVI ( again i am confirming everything ) ... i intead to drive my car and put miles on it; its not going to be a cacoon car.
The Boss starts off as a base GT (300A), with only two available options, the seats and the car cover/floor mats. That's it.
Old 12/7/10, 06:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another Boss at MSRP Competition Orange with Black, Recaros/Torsen and accessory package. I just love that color combo!

It's scheduled for production January 18th and I should have it by mid-March. I'm already working on mods!
Old 12/7/10, 07:29 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
Another Boss at MSRP Competition Orange with Black, Recaros/Torsen and accessory package. I just love that color combo!

It's scheduled for production January 18th and I should have it by mid-March. I'm already working on mods!
As production only begins on Jan. 18th, I suspect that yours won't be built on that day. You should have more detailed information available soon, but don't get your hopes up too much for a March delivery date. There are lots of posters here who have been bitterly frustrated with the pace of deliveries last summer. I'm not trying to burst your bubble, I don't want you to experience the same sense of stress and anxiety other have. Myself I am setting my expectations for May 1st delivery, just in case.

To pass the time, you could go read the 1600+ posts in this thread.

Last edited by PTRocks; 12/7/10 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12/7/10, 08:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

As production only begins on Jan. 18th, I suspect that yours won't be built on that day. You should have more detailed information available soon, but don't get your hopes up too much for a March delivery date. There are lots of posters here who have been bitterly frustrated with the pace of deliveries last summer. I'm not trying to burst your bubble, I don't want you to experience the same sense of stress and anxiety other have. Myself I am setting my expectations for May 1st delivery, just in case.

To pass the time, you could go read the 1600+ posts in this thread.
Actually the order was place a couple weeks ago. True, don't have a firm build date yet, but do expect I'll have it by end of March. My dealer is going to update me weekly as we get into the queue so should have better information in a couple weeks or so. He was pretty confident I'd see it by mid-March but we'll just have to see. I don't have any road-trip track events scheduled until mid-May, but I'm hoping to hit one on April 15th at our local track assuming it's here by then.
Old 12/7/10, 08:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
Actually the order was place a couple weeks ago. True, don't have a firm build date yet, but do expect I'll have it by end of March. My dealer is going to update me weekly as we get into the queue so should have better information in a couple weeks or so. He was pretty confident I'd see it by mid-March but we'll just have to see. I don't have any road-trip track events scheduled until mid-May, but I'm hoping to hit one on April 15th at our local track assuming it's here by then.
The one thing that could delay the delivery is the initial quality holds, although there should probably be less inspection time needed since both new engines and transmissions, along with the various model year changes to go from '10 to '11, have already been done once.

I don't believe a dealer really can't predict a window with that in the equation. If everything goes smoothly with the assembly processes, and the engine testing is satisfactory, then hopefully any wait time would be minimized.
Old 12/8/10, 10:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

The one thing that could delay the delivery is the initial quality holds, although there should probably be less inspection time needed since both new engines and transmissions, along with the various model year changes to go from '10 to '11, have already been done once.

I don't believe a dealer really can't predict a window with that in the equation. If everything goes smoothly with the assembly processes, and the engine testing is satisfactory, then hopefully any wait time would be minimized.
And the quality hold could be something fairly insignificant but still hold up the car. Yea hopefully no quality holds and production goes as planned

Quick Reply: Those who have ordered - what are you paying?