Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Some Interesting Trackey Info

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/11, 01:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P0 Corsa
I only see the peak numbers. I didn't say yours were incorrect, I only asked where you got them, which you have yet to show. I never claimed to hace any other than the peak numbers listed.

Pacettr, I have neither the time nor inclination to “teach” you what or how a graph is read or what it represents. If you do not understand this basic premise, any discussion (technically or otherwise) is hopeless. You did zero in on one important aspect. The number you seem boresighted on is the “peak” number.

Higher average column hp = faster acceleration

The peak number you keep reciting is NOT the same as the “average column hp”. Actually you would most probably have to integrate the torque or hp curve to get the average, but clearly you will never understand this either.

I wish you well and enjoy driving your newly received Boss!
You are correct. The hp curve over the usable power band, i.e. ~ 5000-7800 for racing purposes.

There are no numbers on the graph OTHER THAN the peak numbers.

Tell me (if you will stop ducking my simple question); EXACTLY how much hp does this car make at 6275 rpm?

Why are you AVOIDING my basic question? WHAT NUMBERS DID YOU USE TO FIGURE YOUR PERCENTAGES?

I know how to read a graph, but there is no way (at least to my < high school level eye) to extract exact data from the graph as presented.
Old 6/22/11, 01:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MJockey

Andy's Dyno chart.
Originally Posted by P0 Corsa

Andy, a few comments about your dyno data.

I am not quite sure of what is being presented in the graph. The legend indicates “Run #1 CO-Boss-302 (Boss 30 Stock” is depicted in red color, “Run #2 CO-Boss 302 (Boss30 Custom Tune with VCT Changes” is depicted in green color and “Run #3” in blue color is untitled and thus unknown. The only colored lines represented are red (presumed to be “stock” engine horsepower) per the legend and blue (engine torque of unknown configuration per the legend). You can assume anything you want from the curves and delta’s are shown between the lines, however, what configurations are represented by the data is certainly not clear and contradicts that which is presented in the graph legend.
Never mind. I just noticed you don't even know how to read a dyno graph.

I'll dumb it down for you.

PER THE LEGEND

Eng TQ - BLUE
Eng HP - RED

The run # colors are insignificant.

I guess you don't have any real world experience with these things. Have you ever had any of your vehicles on a dyno? Have you ever been to a drag strip? Road course?

NOW where did you get your EXACT numbers from?