knowing is half the battle
Old 9/15/10, 10:59 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Fazm
know*

*knowing is half the battle
*Knowing is half the battle.

Everyone's a 1st grade spelling/grammar teacher.....
Old 9/15/10, 11:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dropping the Grammar Hammer!
Old 9/15/10, 11:54 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LQQK
Old 9/15/10, 08:49 PM
V6 Member

i was looking at the jay leno video and when they open the hood of the laguna seca car the shock towers were back? they didn't have enough silver paint?? or a black car painted silver?? as for me i think the shock towers inside the hood must match the exterior paint.. or if not i think i should go and pop a mustang hood and see for myself... that's odd...
Old 9/15/10, 08:56 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by labatt 50
i was looking at the jay leno video and when they open the hood of the laguna seca car the shock towers were back? they didn't have enough silver paint?? or a black car painted silver?? as for me i think the shock towers inside the hood must match the exterior paint.. or if not i think i should go and pop a mustang hood and see for myself... that's odd...
The engine bay was black not just the strut towers. Back in 2009 we noticed this on the first photos of the 2010 GT's. Someone with knowledge finally told us that for Ford it is common practice to make the pre-production cars with black engine bays. Of course none of the production cars that were not black cars were ever found to have a black engine bay.

I don't know if they do it for photos or for what ever reason, but its just a pre-production thing.
Old 9/28/10, 05:03 AM
Cobra Member

Interesting info on LS http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/
  • *Preliminary data. Premium fuel required.
    Coming spring 2011. Front air splitter included in Laguna Seca Package is intended for race track use only and is not legal for on-street driving. May degrade crash performance and void vehicle warranty. Must be installed by customer.
LQQK
Old 9/28/10, 05:58 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by LQQK
Interesting info on LS http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/
  • *Preliminary data. Premium fuel required.
    Coming spring 2011. Front air splitter included in Laguna Seca Package is intended for race track use only and is not legal for on-street driving. May degrade crash performance and void vehicle warranty. Must be installed by customer.
LQQK
Ford really needs to get more info out. I feel like I'm losing interest and I'm thinking a 5.0 loaded with Nav., glass roof, 3.73's and premium trim might be a better fit for me.
The Boss paint schemes are starting to turn me off as well. With the 5.0 I can decal it the way I want.
Old 9/28/10, 06:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

[QUOTE=Whammer;5953948]Ford really needs to get more info out.

You got that right! From Ford's allocation news release, the dealers should know by mid Oct who will be able to order the car and when it will be produced.

I sincerely hope that it also means the order process will be "active" and customers can actually see what options are available, etc and place deposits.
A dealer knowing they have an allocation for one but not being able to allow the customer to order IMO Stinks!

Ford has managed the news release well, but I think they should now know the level of interest out there and get on with it!
Old 9/28/10, 06:38 AM
Cobra R Member

I know Ford has a timeline on how they want to "leak" out their info but they should really be getting some performance numbers out. I want to know what the Boss numbers are compared to the GT. As a consumer I'm really trying to educate myself and base my decision on how the cars perform and what options are available and then seeing how pricing equates to overall value.

The Boss is going to be limited but if it's not performing well above the GT and it's price is higher it's kinda hard to justify it's purchase.
Old 9/28/10, 04:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
The Boss is going to be limited but if it's not performing well above the GT and it's price is higher it's kinda hard to justify it's purchase.
Unless you're in the market for a much more unique car, OR, in my case, you have an emotional attachment to Boss Mustangs and you realize you'll never be able to afford the 1970 Boss 302 you'd really love to have.
Old 9/28/10, 07:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Whammer
Ford really needs to get more info out. I feel like I'm losing interest and I'm thinking a 5.0 loaded with Nav., glass roof, 3.73's and premium trim might be a better fit for me.
The Boss paint schemes are starting to turn me off as well. With the 5.0 I can decal it the way I want.
Yeah thats it... a loss of interest!
Old 9/29/10, 04:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This might sound a little off the wall but I have an alternate plan if the pricing, including dealer markups, comes in higher than I am willing to pay. I would have no problem with buying a 69 Dynacorn reproduction body and building it to look like the Black Jade 69 Boss 429 I had years ago. I would use modern suspension parts that are readily available for the classic Mustangs including coil-overs front and rear, rack and pinion steering, etc. I would also use the 5.0L Coyote crate motor that is already available from FRPP or hopefully at some point they will also offer the 440 hp Boss version with the better internals. FRPP also sells wiring harnesses to install the Coyote in other chassis. Best of both worlds - classic looks with modern drive-ability and performance.
Old 9/29/10, 09:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

^ sounds good to me. would be even rarer thats for sure
Old 9/29/10, 06:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by blksn8k
This might sound a little off the wall but I have an alternate plan if the pricing, including dealer markups, comes in higher than I am willing to pay. I would have no problem with buying a 69 Dynacorn reproduction body and building it to look like the Black Jade 69 Boss 429 I had years ago. I would use modern suspension parts that are readily available for the classic Mustangs including coil-overs front and rear, rack and pinion steering, etc. I would also use the 5.0L Coyote crate motor that is already available from FRPP or hopefully at some point they will also offer the 440 hp Boss version with the better internals. FRPP also sells wiring harnesses to install the Coyote in other chassis. Best of both worlds - classic looks with modern drive-ability and performance.
I'll tell you right now that you can't build that car for twice what a 12 Boss would cost! Trust me, I am in the same boat but lusting after a '67 Shelby and have been for years. If I could find a well built clone for under $50k I'd snap it up.
Old 10/2/10, 06:22 PM

while i'd love the new engine and suspension, requiring premium fuel is a bit much. since on hawaii there are no tracks, this would be a daily driver.

i'd rather get a GT premium with the all the cool interior options (love the red leather). the only thing i REALLY want off of this Boss is that exhaust! that exhaust note sounded AMAZING in that jay leno vid.
Old 10/4/10, 09:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sooooo, I saw the new Boss at the Texas State Fair in Dallas this weekend. The Orange with Black striped (my personal fave) and it is far better in person to see. At first I was not thinking I was going to like the black wheels but they look great!! I didn't snap any pics because I was so pissed that my wife didn't like it. I know, not a good thing to get upset about but I was not a happy camper. We did bot agree that we hate the grill. It looks cheap Ford, it looks cheap. Just sayin'.

Edit: Fixed

Last edited by Automagically; 10/4/10 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10/4/10, 09:48 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
I didn't snap any pics because I was so pissed at my wife because she didn't like it.
My Wife thinks it looks like a HOTWHEELS.

LQQK
Old 10/12/10, 03:51 PM
Cobra Member

November issue of Motor Trend has Base Price $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 (est).

LQQK
Old 10/12/10, 11:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Red face

I'm still interested to see the MSRP of these things, but I think I'm giving up hope in general of actually being able to get my hands on one (with the allocation strategy ) without breaking the bank.

I might try and pick one up used down the road or just buy a 5.0 GT.

Anyways, in for more details

Quick Reply: The Boss is Back! 2012 Boss 302