Don't have it, will not get it because I never wanted it
1.64%
Don't have and will not get it based on reviews of the people that now have it
19.67%
Not sure yet, waiting for more reviews
27.87%
Have it but I am disappointed with the tune and/or warranty changes
8.20%
Have installed it and I am happy the way it is.
42.62%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Another Trackey Poll

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/11, 08:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by roketman
I have now used the Track key on the track.I think its great .Engine breaking was very nice .The car did not throw any codes.Overall The car just felt like it had better throttle response.I am very pleased .The launch control is a hoot .Made me giggle with joy!The pit speed I will use when my son drives!
Nice job Ford!
I thank you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q-lZcCAoP4
Nice vid, enjoyed watching. Good to know others felt it different then me. How much time did you take off with the Trackey? Did you find you were on the brakes less, if so any tips on how I can take advantage of this? I am willing to try different styles if it helps.
Old 11/15/11, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Limerock is fun .If you get to Limerock or other forum drivers let me know .Maybe I can get there too.SCDA, BMW and PCA run a great HPDE events.You may even get me as an instructor!If you have a Boss and have not tracked it.You are missing the purpose and thrill of a wonderful track car!Come join the fun!
Old 11/15/11, 08:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss
Nice vid, enjoyed watching. Good to know others felt it different then me. How much time did you take off with the Trackey? Did you find you were on the brakes less, if so any tips on how I can take advantage of this? I am willing to try different styles if it helps.
Didn’t take any times .But I will say the car just runs and feels better.It seems to rev a little nicer or free’er.The engine also seemed smoother at high rpm's I always think I brake to much! The engine braking is probably the most noticeable difference. In the past if you pinged the tach off the rev limiter you would throw a code ,or at least I did. No codes.
In regards to style and braking techniques .Its hard to say with out driving with you.But I will say, brakes only slow you down!
Best regards,Ron aka Roketman
Old 11/15/11, 08:55 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

But I will say, brakes only slow you down!
Quote of the week!
Old 11/15/11, 09:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have now used the Track key on the track.I think its great .Engine breaking was very nice .The car did not throw any codes.Overall The car just felt like it had better throttle response.I am very pleased .The launch control is a hoot .Made me giggle with joy!The pit speed I will use when my son drives!
Nice job Ford!
I thank you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q-lZcCAoP4
That was fantastic! Reminds me of playing a video racing game when you know the cheat codes to make you twice as fast as everyone else
Old 11/15/11, 10:22 PM

I like it. It's not overwhelming by any means, but a noticeable improvement. The louder sound, throttle response, and engine braking are nice.
Old 11/15/11, 11:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

I did not vote in the poll. If I was able to get a Boss, I would be all for the track key. I am all for the track key and quad exhausts. Things like that set the Boss apart from other vehicles and make the Boss more desireable.
Old 11/16/11, 12:13 AM

The pit lane speed limiter is actually useful. I used it the other day when I had to drive through this little town that is a 35mph speed trap. Turned it on and no matter what my right foot did, I was not speeding.
Old 11/16/11, 12:46 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 1FAFP90

That was fantastic! Reminds me of playing a video racing game when you know the cheat codes to make you twice as fast as everyone else
HaHaHa, he definitely was one of the quickest it seemed.
Old 11/16/11, 01:49 AM
GT Member

When the poll came out, I voted "Not sure yet, waiting for more reviews". At the Mustang Reveal this evening in LA, I ran into an instructor at the LA Shelby club track day I went to in May. At that time, he had been driving a Shelby GT, iirc. Six weeks ago, he bought a Boss and had TracKey installed before taking it to the track last weekend. He had nothing but good things to say about the Boss. He recommended getting the TracKey with no reservations. He said the throttle response and engine braking are very noticeable and make a difference in terms of the driving experience. He did not have any lap times for comparison, but he (along with cloud9's latest comments about it) sold me on it.

I'll be making my appointment to get it installed shortly....
Old 11/16/11, 02:18 AM
Cobra Member

Limerock is fun .If you get to Limerock or other forum drivers let me know .Maybe I can get there too.SCDA, BMW and PCA run a great HPDE events.You may even get me as an instructor!If you have a Boss and have not tracked it.You are missing the purpose and thrill of a wonderful track car!Come join the fun!
I ran with SCDA this year at NJMP. Had a great time. I'm planning on Limerock next year. I think it's less than 2 hrs from me. maybe I will c u there & I would definitely take some instruction!
Old 11/16/11, 12:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SoCalBoss
When the poll came out, I voted "Not sure yet, waiting for more reviews". At the Mustang Reveal this evening in LA, I ran into an instructor at the LA Shelby club track day I went to in May. At that time, he had been driving a Shelby GT, iirc. Six weeks ago, he bought a Boss and had TracKey installed before taking it to the track last weekend. He had nothing but good things to say about the Boss. He recommended getting the TracKey with no reservations. He said the throttle response and engine braking are very noticeable and make a difference in terms of the driving experience. He did not have any lap times for comparison, but he (along with cloud9's latest comments about it) sold me on it.

I'll be making my appointment to get it installed shortly....
I just ran into my master tech at the dealership and he asked how I liked TracKey. I told him I love it. He said " I noticed the improved throttle response and engine braking right away. The throttle is much more linear and you feel way more connected to the car." Then I proceeded to grill him about how much he's been driving it that he noticed all those differences!

j/k I'm glad he enjoyed the test drives actually He's a great tech, a real car guy and probably doesn't get to enjoy his work as much when it's a Taurus or F-150.
Old 11/16/11, 05:53 PM
V6 Member

I too feel more in touch with the car with the TK, and it even feels quicker . I am pleased cant wait for the first TK track day.