Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Put Your Effort Where Your Negativity Is.

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/05, 12:45 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instead of everyone complaining about the GT500, may I humbly suggest, that we use our collective pent-up negative energies to yield a positive outcome.

First, I've heard numerous times, how Ford patrols these sites for feedback. But at best, it's tough to gather an impression, one way or another, about a particular topic, from all of the posts generated by the members of this site.

Coupled with the fact that the concept GT500 and the subsequent press releases/magazine rumors are designed to generate reactions about the car, let's hand Ford a "petition" from the members of this site regarding the GT500. We can than rest easy with the knowledge that no matter what comes out in January, we at least tried our best to sway Ford in a productive way.

I see this "petition" being generated in much the same way as various polls. This is one big poll however, all encompassing. Brad could than send the results to Ford/SVT after it was on the site for a few weeks/month, and Ford will have a clear idea of what we want and more importantly, the numbers that want a feature. We could even contact the various other sites and have them do a similar work up for Ford.

The polls could include the hot topics regarding;

1) exterior styling
2) interior materials
3) powertrain
4) suspension
5) price ranges
6) market value adjustment

If done well enough, Ford would uderstand the business case for the GT500. Because as it stands right know, if I'm Ford, unless I have months to read through thousands of posts, all I really know is some people are arguing for this, and some for that. There is no sense of numbers. If Ford is uncertain regarding any particular area, than, they'll offer the lowest common denominator. That is safe business practice. Let's remove any uncertainty, and put the results on the decision makers' desk.

Brad who can design this poll for your site inorder to vote on the important issues in a way that would also have meaning for Ford?
Old 5/16/05, 12:57 PM
V6 Member

PS I'd creat this master poll myself, but lack the experience with Brad's site to do so.
Old 5/16/05, 03:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's a good idea, but unfortunately, as big as this site is, it still constitutes a very small percentage of the buying public. So demographically, it's doubtful that Ford would take much - if any - notice.
Old 5/16/05, 03:03 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally posted by Clutch@May 16, 2005, 2:48 PM
... Let's remove any uncertainty, and put the results on the decision makers' desk...
The intentions might be sincere and innocent but it is doubtful Ford's successful experts and decision makers will rely on a bunch of amateurs and wannabes, most of which will never buy the car, start from scratch, and police their products to ensure us affordability.

Ford does its own surveys, as a matter of fact, one was done a couple of years ago for the popular '05 Mustang which many of us experts participated in, to now avail.
Old 5/16/05, 04:27 PM
V6 Member

Well of course, this site represents a small demographic, and of course Ford does their own research. I'm not suggesting that Ford would put all their cookies in one basket by building a car based solely on what they learned here.

But, this would just be another small piece of info they could compare to what they "already know". As well, I think there are more people here fretting about one aspect of the car or another then are lucky enough to be called up by Ford and asked what they think about this or that.

They could use something like this to get their voice out there in the mix.....

Isn't this the largest and best mustang site in the world? It should count for something, shouldn't it?

Or we can just resume the negative.....Ford said this, Ford should have done that, Ford could have.......

Talk the talk or walk the walk.

.........guess we'll get what we deserve, or what Ford has understood people want from their research......so why bother with the arguing