2012-2013 BOSS 302

2012 Boss 302

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/10, 06:14 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by todd03blown
Here is a question for you all:

I will be ordering my Mustang GT in the Nov/Dec timeframe for a delivery of Feb 2011. However now that all this Boss302 information is coming out and I am liking what I am hearing so far and will have it confirmed Friday I am really leaning towards this car instead of a GT.
I work from home 100% and drive between 5-7k miles a year with my current car. I feel confident I could get this car for a good price from Jeff without all the markups etc however I haven't confirmed that .

so what would you all pick? Of course the real decision will be based on when this Boss will be available to order and when production starts.

I really want the BOSS!!!
If I could afford it, without question....BOSS.
Old 8/9/10, 06:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
When you see the options this car has, you'll know it ain't ****in around
I love it!! I am more concerned with the # being produced and getting one at sticker price!! Jeff you listening
Old 8/9/10, 07:04 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I tell you all right now, if I could get one and I was ready for a purchase....I'd be buying one hands down....
Old 8/9/10, 07:12 PM
Cobra Member

The suspense is killing me! Is it Friday yet??
Old 8/9/10, 07:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
I tell you all right now, if I could get one and I was ready for a purchase....I'd be buying one hands down....
I am thinking the same thing! I just hope the timing works for me!
Old 8/9/10, 08:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Is the Boss still going to have all the tech options the regular GT/GT500 have?

IE. HID, NAV, Sync, etc?

The bigger question is what does this mean of the GT500? The GT is already on it's heels as it is.

If I can get a boss but with the comfort and tech I'd be all over it.
Old 8/9/10, 08:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr

IE. HID, NAV, Sync, etc?

The bigger question is what does this mean of the GT500? The GT is already on it's heels as it is.

i agree with you but i know thre is a group out there who want it a hardcore road racer barely street legal stripped of all comfort things. i am interested to see... that might be the divider between the boss and gt500. boss is the hardcore track car the GT500 is the more high end optioned model that is still very capable
Old 8/9/10, 08:47 PM
BOSS Member

Originally Posted by bpmurr

IE. HID, NAV, Sync, etc?

I guess you won't be getting one then.
Old 8/9/10, 08:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LagunaBeach
this is what I have to decide...but to get the latest Boss302 edition likely trumps the NAV and electronics stuff any way...especially when I can take my wifes 2010 limited explorer with all the gadets in it for trips
Old 8/9/10, 09:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yup, looks like it. A shame you can't get the go with the modern tech, don't really care about the NAV but SYNC and HID are important to me. I guess this is Ford's way of not cannibalizing GT500 sales.

Last edited by bpmurr; 8/9/10 at 09:05 PM.
Old 8/9/10, 09:10 PM
BOSS Member

To me this car is an updated version of an '89 LX 5.0 notch. Everything you need to get the job done, and nothing you don't. Whenever you saw a notchback on the street you knew it's purpose, and respected it. If you went up against one on the street you knew you had your work cut out for you. Even sitting quietly in a parking lot there was no question of it's potential, it was always willing and able to go to work. Always up for the challenge. It might not have been the fastest kid on the block, but it never backed down and never complained. It's all business.
Old 8/9/10, 09:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

To me this car is an updated version of an '89 LX 5.0 notch. Everything you need to get the job done, and nothing you don't. Whenever you saw a notchback on the street you knew it's purpose, and respected it. If you went up against one on the street you knew you had your work cut out for you. Even sitting quietly in a parking lot there was no question of it's potential, it was always willing and able to go to work. Always up for the challenge. It might not have been the fastest kid on the block, but it never backed down and never complained. It's all business.
Interesting take. I just saw it as cheaper insurance.
Old 8/9/10, 09:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
I'm surprised more info hasn't leaked out about the finer details of this car. There's a lot to talk about.
Well start talkin' then!
Old 8/9/10, 09:27 PM

No offense, but I would hate to think of the BOSS as updated version on any foxbody. I've had my fox for years and have done just about every suspension upgrade possible and still I can't stand driving it for more than a weekend cruise. I know it was just an analogy, but so far your analogies haven't treated you well.
Old 8/9/10, 10:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Can we expect this car to be basically...a Raptor for the street/track, whereas an FX4 would be a GT?
Old 8/9/10, 11:05 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Can we expect this car to be basically...a Raptor for the street/track, whereas an FX4 would be a GT?
You mean like a new Cobra R or something?

Last edited by stangfoeva; 8/9/10 at 11:07 PM.
Old 8/10/10, 05:10 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something that was brought up in another part of the forum but I felt like bringing it up in here. I personally would love to see Ford offer a launch control/flat foot shifting setup program if the car was in "sport" mode that would allow the driver to have an easier time launching the car and maintaining speeds. GM has done this for a few years now as well as aftermarket tuners across the industry for many different models. I think this would be THE car to put it on to start, and roll it out slowly to other trim levels in the next year or two.
Old 8/10/10, 05:45 AM
BOSS Member

Originally Posted by Matt351
No offense, but I would hate to think of the BOSS as updated version on any foxbody. I've had my fox for years and have done just about every suspension upgrade possible and still I can't stand driving it for more than a weekend cruise. I know it was just an analogy, but so far your analogies haven't treated you well.
Basically what I am saying is it's a no frills car, it's all business. Take a powerful engine and put it in the lightest chassis. People read way too much into things.
Old 8/10/10, 05:51 AM
Cobra Member

Basically what I am saying is it's a no frills car, it's all business. Take a powerful engine and put it in the lightest chassis. People read way too much into things.
Maybe, if you said what you meant from the start instead of making people figure/decipher what you mean would help for the challenged (emphasis on myself).

LQQK
Old 8/10/10, 05:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, 4 pages of new posts since I last checked this thread... yesterday! lol Must be getting close to unveiling time!
Originally Posted by Clino
So what does everyone think is more likely, a Boss 302 (because of the 5.0) or a Boss 429 (because of 429hp)???

The 302 would obviously make more sense since the name was always related to the displacement, but Boss 429 would be hard to pass up as a name if the tweaks brought it to "around" this output simply because of how badass it sounds.

Just wondering.
Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
So we're just discounting the fact it might be an all new 7.0L?

I'd opt for the 302, as the 429 is one of the most sacred of all engines... and if it were to bear a 429, it should be a 7.0L rated at the true 500+ hp...

Just my thought on it. Plus I mean, a 302 is so much easier.
Path of least resistance...
Originally Posted by TRRBGT
So how about a BOSS 302 for the street car and a BOSS 429 for the rumored R model
For no other purpose than to stoke the fire a bit...
You guys see the article on the new 6.2L in 5.0 Mustang magazine? Particularly, the section titled "Built for Speed"? They talk about how the 6.2L first debuted in racing applications, and how the Don Bowles racing team used a hand crafted 6.2L prototype, punched out to 7.0L, and in its naturally aspirated configuration, pushed the 3300 lb S197 to 9.10 @ 145mph, putting it in the 800hp range. The stock 6.2L is a 2 valv... imagine the fun to be had if they put two cams and 4 valves up there...

Quick Reply: 2012 Boss 302