2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

What should the 2014 50th Anniversary Package contain?

Search this Thread

Old 10/22/10, 08:55 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd definately buy that!! It'd be great to have the classic body with new mechanicals--I'm with you, I don't think it'll ever happen but that's the way I'd love to see it look. One of the things that had me so excited about the S197 body style was that it had the looks/basic styling of the 66, I love the styling of the classics but don't have the skills to maintain/build up a classic and want the reliability of a new one.
Old 10/24/10, 08:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jdpstang
Ok, I'll start off by saying I know it will never happen but....I'd like to see the original body styles as the Anniversary models. The current (or new design by that point) will be the regular model, and the 50th's will be the originals. I'm talking Coupe Convertible and Fastback. Modern powertrain...original styling. Again...I know it will never happen, but I guy can dream right?
I was thinking the exact same thing! That would be the ultimate.

I know that modern regulations would make it impossible to "re-issue" an updated version, but to somehow include something authentic from the original would be really cool.

Or to make the annaversary edition have some original styling cues like the through the bumper exhaust tips, chrome trim on the door handles and side scallops or the original gas cap. Even wheels modeled after the original steel wheels. With some subtlety and creativity, the possibilities are endless.
Attached Thumbnails What should the 2014 50th Anniversary Package contain?-w_dscf0581.jpg  
Old 10/24/10, 11:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

At this point I'm just hoping they don't go more into that "Euro" look that IMO has taken away from the awesomeness of the (05-09) S197 in the new look of the 2010+ models. I know it's each to there own. But I am soooo glad I have the 05-09 body. I also know that there is a lot of upgrades that have come along, but I just like the previous body better by a mile.
Not even mentioning that the new cars are pricing themselves out of the reach of many. SE cars are great and that can fill the niche for those with the bucks. Volume of car sales will keep this icon alive for years to come.
Overall, kudos to Ford for not taking Government $$, and still kick'n ****!!!

Last edited by ARBO; 10/24/10 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10/25/10, 12:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ARBO
At this point I'm just hoping they don't go more into that "Euro" look that IMO has taken away from the awesomeness of the (05-09) S197 in the new look of the 2010+ models. I know it's each to there own. But I am soooo glad I have the 05-09 body. I also know that there is a lot of upgrades that have come along, but I just like the previous body better by a mile.
Not even mentioning that the new cars are pricing themselves out of the reach of many. SE cars are great and that can fill the niche for those with the bucks. Volume of car sales will keep this icon alive for years to come.
Overall, kudos to Ford for not taking Government $$, and still kick'n ****!!!
The problem is that the "Euro" look you mention is for selling to a younger generation of Mustang buyers while still appealing to the Mustang faithful. I give them props for walking that line very well. Besides, the expectations of a car like that have risen greatly. While I think the Mustang has some European cues, its no BMW or Mercedes. Just like any car, it has it's take away parts from the likes of many styles, Japanese, European, whatever. Cars always have while in direct competition. I still think the Mustang is it's own in every way. Comparing the two would be about as useful as saying a Mercedes has leather seats, so does a Mustang.

I agree that the Mustang is pricey this day in age. It is still great bang for the buck. Some models of Mustang were still pretty el-cheapo in some departments and that made for good cost savings but in today's market, even Hyundai's are not even close to the cars they once were. Look at Honda, they keep driving prices up worse than any other. Soon an Accord will cost as much as my BMW.
Old 10/28/10, 09:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I was thinking of AWD and 450 hp, Jeff
Old 10/28/10, 11:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by topbliss
I was thinking of AWD and 450 hp, Jeff
This is what you need friend.
Attached Thumbnails What should the 2014 50th Anniversary Package contain?-nissan-skyline-r34.jpg  
Old 10/29/10, 10:28 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Automagically
This is what you need friend.
Agreed, an AWD Mustang is not a Mustang at all. The world will be a sad place when all performance cars are Nissan GT-R clones.
Old 11/4/10, 04:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Boomers idea for a badge it great. I wish they would change the font though, more along the lines of the 50 in the F150 logo or Clino's avatar(if he still has it)

exterior wise keep it subtle but different that people will know its special. Unique body panels and a blackout trunk panel with a retro faux gas cap. 4 headlights up front as well as a pony badge, with the red,white,blue stripes. Unique wheels and most important to me a unique exhaust system.

Interior have a special shift **** as well as seats similar to the CS with gold inserts. 50th anniversary badging on the dash as well as the tach just like the 35th had. Serial number plate inside and on the engine bay.

50th Anniversary still plates when you open the doors.

500hp 5.0 for the 50th.

A few unique items like a 1/18th scale model of the car would be cool as well as a book about the 50 years of mustang.
Old 11/24/10, 09:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe they will dig out the Mystic Gold they had cooked up for the 00 Cobra that they never used.
Old 11/26/10, 01:02 PM

All of the build documents...

Pictures of your car being built along the line...

Tour of the plant...

Getting the opportunity to help build a portion of your car in one fashion or another...While a photographer snaps shots of you helping...

I know this more than likely wouldn't happen, but it would be a real special moment to be a part of...especially if you have young siblings or kids
Old 11/26/10, 07:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by bee bop
Maybe they will dig out the Mystic Gold they had cooked up for the 00 Cobra that they never used.
YES!!! Ford, are you listening?? 67-68 style fastback in Gold!!!
Old 4/25/11, 12:16 PM
V6 Member

I have read that it may be smaller. So would the dimensions of the 64-66 sell big? L 181" W 51" compared to the present model which is the widest of any Mustang at 80". Present model is also within 1.4" of being the longest.
The first models had a lot longer hood compared to recent models and a lot of high selling cars had long hoods.
Old 4/27/11, 12:10 PM
V6 Member

I stand corrected. The width was 68.2" for 64-66, not 51" as I misread the data. Still, it's the most narrow of all the years
Old 5/10/11, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

After seeing how good the wood trim looks in person, I think an executive trim like the Chrysler 300 has would pleasantly surprise a lot of people. I think if people had the chance to actually see what that level trim looks like on a Mustang, a lot of people would actually want it. You could have factory options to do a wood/leather, aluminum, or carbon fiber look.
Old 5/10/11, 10:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love all wheel drive cars but all wheel drive is not allowed in any road race series any more since Audi kept taking every ones lunch. I really doubt you'll see it on a Mustang. Plus the added weight penalty when mileage is so important doesn't make sense.

I do think they have to update the looks I don't think that means it has to look like anything else. It doesn't need those silly plastic covered headlights for example. Seems every car on the road has headlights with a full sheet of plexiglass stretched out over the front corners. Look at the front of an Alfa 6 tiny headlights in a row under an eyebrow looks so much cooler and has to cost less as well.