2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

What should the 2014 50th Anniversary Package contain?

Search this Thread

Old 10/21/09, 11:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What should the 2014 50th Anniversary Package contain?

Due to the "hack", my topic that asked all of you, what the 2014 50th Anniversary package should contain, was deleted. I didn't even realize it was gone, as I don't come in here too often. But since my next Mustang purchase WILL BE a 50th Anniversary car, I come in here from time to time. So, I will pose the question to you all again.

From all the information that we have gathered so far, the 2014 Mustang will be the "all-new" car with new body, new interior, and new or updated motors. If this is the case, then the 1st year of the new design, will also be the 50th Anniversary of the 1st (and our favorite) pony car!! With that, I'm almost certain that Ford won't let this pass by idly, and most likely will offer a special package that will include some special design cues, special options, wheels, colors, etc. So, I want to pose a question to anyone and everyone who checked this thread out. What should the 50th Anniversary Package contain?

I would love it to come in only 3 colors, a Red, a White and a Blue. It would be awesome to offer these 3 colors ONLY for the 50th Anniversary Package. Also, maybe a "Pony Interior" or some type of dressed up inside with nicer seats. Also, wheels should be special and only available on this package.

OH, and this to me is VERY VERY IMPORTANT!! PLEASE make the package a REAL special thing! Add a sequential badge to the dash somewhere, so we know how many will be made and which one you have. For an Anniversary this important, it would be a great thing!

My choice for the 3 colors:

Wimbledon White
Ragoon Red
Acapulco Blue

So there you have it. My thoughts on a VERY special event in Mustang History. What would you like to see the package include. Post on up with your thoughts!

PS. Mods, since this will be a topic that keeps growing, can we sticky it?
Old 10/21/09, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given that the traditional 50th anniversary gift is gold, I would suggest a gold (colored) theme, style wise:

• Gold metallic paint (special blend with real gold leaf flecks?)
  • Platinum wheels
  • Dark gold seats (basically a yellow brown) with gold (yellow) stitching
  • Some gold plated interior trim bits, including numbered plaque.
  • Special gold plated key fobs

The real trick would be to pull this off without going overboard or getting cheesy, real easy to do with gold stuff.
Old 10/21/09, 12:56 PM

You know that new Mustang will probably be the Indy Pace Car, like it was in the 1964 Indy 500.

That being said, I know it would NEVER happen but I would like the special edition to be the pace car and to only come in a convertible and only come in 1 color. I think it should be a color that they have never had in a mustang and will never have again. I like the idea of having a sequential badge and it would be nice if they only made 2014 of them. For a motor, it could come with a blown 351C.

What would be even better would be if all 2014 were available for delivery in Indy and you could take it around the track once. That will NEVER happen but it would be cool.
Old 10/21/09, 01:22 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile

I'm not so sure Ford will offer an SE in the first year, even if it is for the BIG 50. As you state, the 2014 model should be all new, so Ford won't be having any issue shifting the new car, especially as I hope this darned world recession will be behind us. Therefore, no need to spend more $ producing an SE.

Don't get me wrong, I expect Ford to celebrate the 50th, but not with an SE. The car itself will, hopefully, be a big enough present to us all and I'd expect it to arrive with a huge fanfare, celebrating all the great Mustangs from the previous 50 years. Perhaps, they may stick a 50th Anniversary badge on the 2014 car, but that's about it.
Old 10/21/09, 02:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
I'm not so sure Ford will offer an SE in the first year, even if it is for the BIG 50. As you state, the 2014 model should be all new, so Ford won't be having any issue shifting the new car, especially as I hope this darned world recession will be behind us. Therefore, no need to spend more $ producing an SE.

Don't get me wrong, I expect Ford to celebrate the 50th, but not with an SE. The car itself will, hopefully, be a big enough present to us all and I'd expect it to arrive with a huge fanfare, celebrating all the great Mustangs from the previous 50 years. Perhaps, they may stick a 50th Anniversary badge on the 2014 car, but that's about it.
Paul, I'm not a gambling man AT ALL, but I'll bet that they will do more than they did for the 45th Anniversary and just add a badge to the car, TRUST ME!! This is a HUGE accomplishment to have a car go uninterrupted for 50 straight model years!! Even the Corvette "technically" didn't go this long (remember, there was no 1983 model).

In 2004, they had a special 40th anniversary package, and a special color with stripes. That is what I am saying. Not a true SE, like a Mach1, but a special package for the car, that regular ones don't have. I believe all will get a special fender badge or emblem of some sort, but cars with this package will get even more!
Old 10/21/09, 05:03 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I hope the 2014 Mustang weighs 300 to 400 pounds less than the current Mustang.
Old 10/21/09, 06:12 PM
Bullitt Member

i want a black with chrome or gold trim beauty. . . something that goes beyond the idea of it being the 50th anniversary mustang and more a testament to the strength of the ford brand as a whole. . okay well i mainly want it to be black because thats the color i want next and like you my next one will be the 50th anniversary
Old 10/21/09, 07:55 PM
Cobra Member

an optional IRS...
Old 10/22/09, 02:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Who needs an IRS when the Mustang's SRA is selling better than the Camaro...

And besides, if they make an IRS anything like the 03/04 Cobra's, I'd rather have SRA. That thing would get trashed with anything more than 600hp and would wheel hop all day long while drifting.
Old 10/22/09, 09:35 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by DrunkenDragon713

And besides, if they make an IRS anything like the 03/04 Cobra's, I'd rather have SRA. That thing would get trashed with anything more than 600hp and would wheel hop all day long while drifting.

I agree. I'm old and have owned a lot of different cars in my life LOL!!! I have never noticed an improvement on my cars with a IRS over my cars with a live-axle. The Mustang pulls just as many G's or more on curves when compared to most of it's competition.
Old 10/22/09, 01:28 PM

Well, that was true when Chevy wasn't selling any Camaros, but the Mustang hasn't been selling as well as the Camaro now, that they are selling one again - IRS and all - perhaps in part because of the SRA.

And guaranteed, any IRS they would put on now would be orders of magnitude better than that cobbled up contraption they grafted onto the SN95 Cobras. Probably be similar to an Aussie Control Blade, which seems to be very well regarded down under and well up to the task of handling anything those crazy 5.4 400+hp hoon-mobiles can dish up bombing around the rough and tumble Outback.

As for noticing, or not, the difference, I notice significant improvements in ride quality (not to be mistaken for simple cushiness) and especially, rough road behavior, comportment and capability. The simple measure of pulling G's on a smooth road circumvents (is there a pun there?) the advantages of an IRS, which isn't simply pulling G's on a smooth road. That criteria would most recommend a go-cart type suspension, i.e., none, or one rung up the evolutionary ladder, a live axle.

However, if you prefer the qualities of your rear suspension to be separated by "and"s rather than "or"s, perhaps an IRS would be preferable. If not, might I suggest either a go-cart of SRA as acceptable.

Last edited by rhumb; 10/22/09 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10/22/09, 03:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by DrunkenDragon713

i personally dont think it needs IRS, i just say that so it can shut all the people beggiing for one up, ya know? lol
Old 10/22/09, 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

It might truely be the last of the production V8s. for the standard GT that is...
Old 10/22/09, 10:15 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Don't count on it...
Old 10/23/09, 12:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What's with the melodramatics?

I think that the package should make available all of the original color exteriors, and all of the original option list just modernized. That to me is what made the Mustang so special; a thousand people could order one and none of them were the same. Right now it's "Do you want a V8?" "Do you want leather?" "What color outside?" Done. I want options out the wazoo, even crazy stuff that doesn't matter.

To me, that would be perfect.

^Boomer: I never knew we had the same name... I guess I probably should read people's actual names under their avatar...

Last edited by cntchds; 10/23/09 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10/23/09, 08:24 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Originally Posted by kme5150
You know that new Mustang will probably be the Indy Pace Car, like it was in the 1964 Indy 500.
Also in 1979 & 1994. Just as there was a pace car pkg in those years there is likely to be one in 2014 as well (hopefully IRL feels that the 50th Mustang deserves the honor). Maybe we will even get two pkg's like they did for the Corvette in 1978, there was a 25th anniversary pkg & a pace car pkg. Both similar to the 04 Mustang anniversary pkg, mostly all appearance.

Originally Posted by kme5150
What would be even better would be if all 2014 were available for delivery in Indy and you could take it around the track once. That will NEVER happen but it would be cool.
That would be truly awesome. If I'm not mistaken you can even now pay on some days to take laps on the brickyard

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
In 2004, they had a special 40th anniversary package, and a special color with stripes. That is what I am saying. Not a true SE, like a Mach1, but a special package for the car, that regular ones don't have. I believe all will get a special fender badge or emblem of some sort, but cars with this package will get even more!
That to me is truly what the 50th pkg should be all about. I had the chance to pick up a new 04 anniversary pkg GT in mid 05 from my local dealer for around 20K. I wish to this day I had gotten it, but at 23 my wallet couldn't swing the payments on it. (They also had a white 04 GT for 18K)

Last edited by 07S197; 10/23/09 at 08:26 AM.
Old 10/26/09, 04:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

The 50th SE should be a nice bronze-gold (not Sunset) with a choice of parchment or black pony embossed leather interior and a matching canvas top for the 'verts. Oh, and eight million HP!
Old 11/10/09, 12:00 AM

Well the package should consist of the projector headlights,LED tail lights,ragoon red colour and dark gold seat
Old 11/11/09, 11:54 AM
FR500 Member

I think 50th anniversary fender badges, dash emblems, and more horsepower for all Mustangs along with the availability of an option package including items such as "gold"-trimmed wheels, different upholstery and a serial-numbered dash plaque w/a gold-trimmed running pony would be enough.
Old 11/18/09, 07:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo

1999 was a fairly new model..and they had the 35th package on it. I can see them all having 50th badges like the 1999 and 2004 models. and then having an easy to add on aniversary package. Probably interior, wheels spoilers ect like the others

Quick Reply: What should the 2014 50th Anniversary Package contain?