2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

What the hell is FORD thinking???????????

Search this Thread

Old 12/22/13, 11:03 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Suppose you had never seen a Fusion before? what then would your opinion be?
Old 12/23/13, 04:52 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
best part of this thread is Some of the v6 guys trying to talk smack on the four banger that makes more power then 3.7 v6.
I wonder how the 2010 and below GT people feel now, not only a 6 cylinder spanking them but now a 4 cylinder

Old 12/23/13, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CCTking
How is it a ricer just cuz it has 4 cylinders? You know wht r.i.c.e. stands for right? I have a very strong feeling the 4 cyl mustang isnt gonna some rice toy, most guys that do that to their cars cant afford a stang anyway so no worries
As I understand R.I.C.E is any car that is wrong wheel drive , e.g front wheels. If the four banger saves gas while I can drive like I stole the car, why not?
Old 12/23/13, 05:53 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PSUpony
As I understand R.I.C.E is any car that is wrong wheel drive , e.g front wheels. If the four banger saves gas while I can drive like I stole the car, why not?
Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancements.

In orher words, giant unfunctional wings, wild lookin body kits, yes youll know
Old 12/23/13, 06:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancements.

In orher words, giant unfunctional wings, wild lookin body kits, yes youll know
PMSL! I've never heard that before. I actually dislike the term Rice because I think it is derogatory, and I don't agree with putting anyone down for something they like. It doesn't mean that I have to like it, but who am I to tell them what to do with their time and money? I happen to like all kinds of cars, domestic and foreign. However on the topic of the 2015 Mustang, there is nothing " Rice" about it. It's a Mustang through and through. Right down to it's 2.3 Turbo 4 Cylinder engine, all the way to it's fire breathing 5.0 Coyote motor. I personally Love the V8, but in today's world it just doesn't make sense for everyone. I personally will be looking to get the Eco-boost 4 Cyl Turbo since it gets better fuel mileage while still having more horsepower than most of the V8's in the Mustang's 50 year history. For me it's also not just about Raw Horsepower, but Balance and Overall Driving Dynamics, which is another place I believe the 2.3 Turbo Stang is going to shine. Less weight up front along with a lower overall curb weight is a Huge Bonus as far as I'm concerned. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at how Fun to Drive and Tossable this car is going to be.
Old 12/23/13, 06:41 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by TampaBear67
PMSL! I've never heard that before. I actually dislike the term Rice because I think it is derogatory, and I don't agree with putting anyone down for something they like. It doesn't mean that I have to like it, but who am I to tell them what to do with their time and money? I happen to like all kinds of cars, domestic and foreign. However on the topic of the 2015 Mustang, there is nothing " Rice" about it. It's a Mustang through and through. Right down to it's 2.3 Turbo 4 Cylinder engine, all the way to it's fire breathing 5.0 Coyote motor. I personally Love the V8, but in today's world it just doesn't make sense for everyone. I personally will be looking to get the Eco-boost 4 Cyl Turbo since it gets better fuel mileage while still having more horsepower than most of the V8's in the Mustang's 50 year history. For me it's also not just about Raw Horsepower, but Balance and Overall Driving Dynamics, which is another place I believe the 2.3 Turbo Stang is going to shine. Less weight up front along with a lower overall curb weight is a Huge Bonus as far as I'm concerned. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at how Fun to Drive and Tossable this car is going to be.
What does PMSL mean? Lawlz
Old 12/23/13, 06:49 AM
Cobra R Member

Sorry, I forget. It's English. Stands for **** My Self Laughing.
Old 12/23/13, 06:58 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. In orher words, giant unfunctional wings, wild lookin body kits, yes youll know
Or "really interesting car extensions." Kinda like hair braids...ain't foolin nobody. Lol
Old 12/23/13, 07:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Supersnake04
4 bangers are good for nothing boat anchors, if I could choose between a 4 cyl with 400 hp and a v8 with 200 hp, I'd choose the latter, sounds better, is cooler, and looks better too.
Yeah... but you'd also be making an illogical decision that you wouldn't want to tell mom & dad about or bring up when trying to get promoted to upper management.

Originally Posted by steven46746
So your opinion is golden and mine makes me foolish? Plain and simple I don't like it now and I doubt I will then. Enjoy your two door fusion, does it resemble one enough for you?
Bam! Someone just got told!

The kicker is... wait for it... Ford doesn't even make a 2-door Fusion! This guy is in the wrong forum!
http://www.fordfusionclub.com/
Old 12/23/13, 08:32 AM
FR500 Member

Ok let me settle all debates here:

1: Ford isnt changing their design to satisfy the minority that doesnt like it.

2: we all know the aftermarket will spawn who knows how many new appearance parts.

3: its all new

4: its been gettin rave reviews since its unveiling so theyve succeeded IMO

5: if you dont like it, dont buy it. That simple

6: if you can make a better car, make a build thread here and get to work

Ford worked for years designing and engineering this new model to market globally so they have to appeal to ALL markets. The retro (while still present on the new car) is dying for the mustang. Yes the chally is an absolutly beautiful car its not being marketed in asian and european countries. The camaro while nice (pre 14) it still leaves alot to desire in so many departments. The new mustang is a complete package. Fit, finish, and quality are light years ahead of its direct competitors and is now targeting porsche and bmw, the current kings of the sports car world while being tens of thousands of dollars cheaper. The new mustang is stayin true to its roots as a game changer and it will continue to improvw as the years go on. Not only is an american icon, but soon to become a global star. If you truly are a mustang fan you would appreciate that instead of constantly bashing it. The 4-pot isnt new to the mustang line up (cue SVO), the v6 can already romp any stock GT pre 2010, and the coyote is one helluva motor. It can already beat an M3 around a track, in a straight line, and pure sex appeal. Imagine how well its gonna do and with its baby Ford/Aston looks is gonna draw in so many more buyers. The engineering under the sheetmetal is where the new model truly shines. Before i write an entire essay here ill finish with this: Ford poured God knows how many hours into this new model and it IS going to succeed. If they lose some fans then oh well, theyre gonna gain so many more. If you dont like the design at least appreciate the engineering. The progress. You dont have to like nor buy it if you dont want to. Just know that Ford will continue its path to world domination and theyll have more than an army with them the entire way. GO BIG BLUE!
Old 12/23/13, 08:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
The retro (while still present on the new car) is evolving for the mustang.
That's the word I use.
Old 12/23/13, 08:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by David Young
I wonder how the 2010 and below GT people feel now, not only a 6 cylinder spanking them but now a 4 cylinder

I'll survive, David
Old 12/23/13, 09:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ford worked for years designing and engineering this new model to market globally so they have to appeal to ALL markets. The retro (while still present on the new car) is dying for the mustang. Yes the chally is an absolutly beautiful car its not being marketed in asian and european countries. The camaro while nice (pre 14) it still leaves alot to desire in so many departments. The new mustang is a complete package. Fit, finish, and quality are light years ahead of its direct competitors and is now targeting porsche and bmw, the current kings of the sports car world while being tens of thousands of dollars cheaper. The new mustang is stayin true to its roots as a game changer and it will continue to improvw as the years go on. Not only is an american icon, but soon to become a global star. If you truly are a mustang fan you would appreciate that instead of constantly bashing it. The 4-pot isnt new to the mustang line up (cue SVO), the v6 can already romp any stock GT pre 2010, and the coyote is one helluva motor. It can already beat an M3 around a track, in a straight line, and pure sex appeal. Imagine how well its gonna do and with its baby Ford/Aston looks is gonna draw in so many more buyers. The engineering under the sheetmetal is where the new model truly shines. Before i write an entire essay here ill finish with this: Ford poured God knows how many hours into this new model and it IS going to succeed. If they lose some fans then oh well, theyre gonna gain so many more. If you dont like the design at least appreciate the engineering. The progress. You dont have to like nor buy it if you dont want to. Just know that Ford will continue its path to world domination and theyll have more than an army with them the entire way. GO BIG BLUE!
This! Well said sir, well said.
Old 12/23/13, 01:14 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well said, but never settled. There will always be some complaints.

As far as rave reviews... the media always likes new cars and sensational headlines. For me the jury will be out until people actually get to test drive the cars. Even then you have to take reviews with a grain of salt. They loved the new 2012 Focus... until it was actually on sale and people started having DCT and MFT issues. Then they said it was a dog.

The thing that I'm unsure about is "Ford worked for years designing and engineering this new model to market globally so they have to appeal to ALL markets." I'm sure it will have more 'world' appeal and make Ford happy by selling lots of them to other countries. But I really liked the fact the Mustang was a true American muscle car (designed for the American driver). With new European styling cues. I'm not sure how American it will be anymore. If I wanted a Euro sports sedan I would by a BMW. My final decision about if I like the car is waiting until I see the actual car in person.
Old 12/23/13, 01:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by skramblr
But I really liked the fact the Mustang was a true American muscle car (designed for the American driver). With new European styling cues. I'm not sure how American it will be anymore. If I wanted a Euro sports sedan I would by a BMW. My final decision about if I like the car is waiting until I see the actual car in person.
It really requires a view in person. The surfacing is amazing, in my opinion. From the 50,000 ft view, the thing that changes the look of the front from the last 4 model years (for me) is not having the driving lights in the classic location and lack of a front bumper shelf. The rest of the car says Mustang to me because of the fastback profile from the side and rear 3/4 view.

And of course, as has been quoted in some of the original reviews and marketing of the 1965 car, it was designed with "European" styling influences in mind. So I guess it depends on your viewpoint of what is European and styling trends of the time are when the car is produced.
Old 12/23/13, 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
It really requires a view in person. The surfacing is amazing, in my opinion. From the 50,000 ft view, the thing that changes the look of the front from the last 4 model years (for me) is not having the driving lights in the classic location and lack of a front bumper shelf. The rest of the car says Mustang to me because of the fastback profile from the side and rear 3/4 view.

And of course, as has been quoted in some of the original reviews and marketing of the 1965 car, it was designed with "European" styling influences in mind. So I guess it depends on your viewpoint of what is European and styling trends of the time are when the car is produced.
That and people also tend to forget that the later Fox bodies were designed around a Euro look.
Old 12/23/13, 02:25 PM
Cobra Member

I give up, I'm headed to buy a fusion now!
Old 12/23/13, 02:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Some will love it and buy it. Some will hate it and not buy it. Some will not like it but buy it because its a Mustang. Who cares. Blah , blah , blah. Buy or don't buy it. Either way , it doesn't matter, the mustang has been around for 50 years and will be around another 50 years. Keep what you have or get a new one. Either way, it doesn't make a bit of difference people.
Old 12/23/13, 02:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Some will not like it but buy it because its a Mustang.
Here we are
Old 12/23/13, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by steven46746
I give up, I'm headed to buy a fusion now!

Might that be a two door Fusion???

Quick Reply: What the hell is FORD thinking???????????