2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Saddled up for an S550 test drive, left with my hopes dashed.

Old 1/22/15, 04:03 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
I tried on "Economic Highlights". I read money and markets all day long to continually learn to be more profitable. TMS is just an in between. But few join in.
Because we are broke. Lol
Keep posting that stuff Charlie. Some of it is read but just not commented on. Advise, good or bad, is advise worth reading at least.
Old 1/22/15, 04:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Because we are broke. Lol Keep posting that stuff Charlie. Some of it is read but just not commented on. Advise, good or bad, is advise worth reading at least.
Or advice even!
Old 1/22/15, 05:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyTexas
My question to you would be... "Do you wish to continue living paycheck to paycheck, or do you wish to do things differently?" If the answer is "paycheck to paycheck", then never mind and don't listen to me. If the answer is "do things differently", let me know and I'd be happy to offer financial advice. --- "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten." You have to change to make things different in the future. The first step is to stop buying things that you have to finance. Which most people don't want to hear, but it is the truth. Pay your car off and keep driving it, take the money that you used to give the finance company and put it into a Roth IRA invested in broad base index funds like the S&P 500 (Spiders, ticker symbol SPY) That is how you stop living paycheck to paycheck. In truth, it doesn't matter if your paycheck is $1,000 a month or $10,000 a month, you can spend every penny of it and more. Take the first 10% of whatever you make and pay yourself, put it in long term savings. Never touch it, it isn't yours today, it will be yours when you're 65 (or 62 or 68, whatever). Whatever is left, spend however you like, but always keep a positive net worth. Not counting your retirement savings, if you sell everything you have and pay off all debt, is the number a positive or a negative? If it is a negative, don't borrow money. If it is a positive, don't borrow so much that it becomes a negative.
Another option for those that feel stuck. In the 5 years it takes to pay off that GT, and for roughly the same cost, you can get an undergraduate degree in a high-demand major like comp science, engineering, nursing, and others. Five years after that, you'll wonder how you made it on that old salary. Five years after that, you might be paying cash for your 2025, 1200HP Mustang GT. I went to college for 5 years, working part time, interning to build skills, and drove a 165k mile rust-bucket the whole time. I did it in my 20's, my wife did it in her 40's (and I was nearly a single parent the whole time). These are choices open to virtually everyone who can afford a new car. And, it's never too late.

Last edited by KC3333; 1/24/15 at 07:09 AM.
Old 1/22/15, 06:54 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,578 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyTexas
My question to you would be...

"Do you wish to continue living paycheck to paycheck, or do you wish to do things differently?"

If the answer is "paycheck to paycheck", then never mind and don't listen to me.

If the answer is "do things differently", let me know and I'd be happy to offer financial advice.

---

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten."

You have to change to make things different in the future. The first step is to stop buying things that you have to finance. Which most people don't want to hear, but it is the truth.

Pay your car off and keep driving it, take the money that you used to give the finance company and put it into a Roth IRA invested in broad base index funds like the S&P 500 (Spiders, ticker symbol SPY)

That is how you stop living paycheck to paycheck. In truth, it doesn't matter if your paycheck is $1,000 a month or $10,000 a month, you can spend every penny of it and more. Take the first 10% of whatever you make and pay yourself, put it in long term savings. Never touch it, it isn't yours today, it will be yours when you're 65 (or 62 or 68, whatever).

Whatever is left, spend however you like, but always keep a positive net worth. Not counting your retirement savings, if you sell everything you have and pay off all debt, is the number a positive or a negative? If it is a negative, don't borrow money. If it is a positive, don't borrow so much that it becomes a negative.
I've responded and replied back to practically every post you've submitted in this thread, and I've been more than straight forward and honest with you from the very beginning and not once have I ever disrespected your opinions.. As a matter of fact, I value the advice you've provided to every person on this forum and even mentioned on yesterday that I appreciate and respect you for all the advice you've given since this thread began..

As I mentioned before, I am not out to make excuses for myself nor try to sugar coat anything.. And just let me say this, if I didn't respect you as person and didn't value your advice ? First of all, I would've stopped replying to your posts in this thread and second, I would had not come forward and revealed any portion of my financial faults/shortcomings whatsoever as I'm pretty much a very private person who does not feel comfortable when it concerns revealing my personal business in public, however as I also mentioned before, I could tell by the advice you've been providing that you have very good intentions and therefore I felt comfortable enough in being able to open myself up to you without fear of being judged nor looked down upon as your posts have demonstrated that you actually are someone who really does care and has taken a sincere interest in helping out his fellow man as a direct result..

With that being said, If I were so happy and content with my life and financial situation ? I wouldn't had bothered wasting my time revealing any portion of my personal life on here to begin with.. So to answer your question, Yes ! of course I am interested..
Old 1/22/15, 09:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
FlyTexas,
You make a lot of great points here but if I may:

Every human person decides to indulge once in a while, in some form or another.

Having a wad of cash in the bank does provide a source of peace of mind and security for the future but that is indeed purely "living in the future." It's my experience that enjoying your life means finding a balance between saving for a happy retirement and enjoying today.

Going into poverty for an optional purchase is a pretty dumb idea but most folks here dont seem to be that type and probably don't need a lecture.

Two: How the hell does someone make that kind of money and have so much free time during the work day?

Last edited by MRGTX; 1/22/15 at 09:49 PM.
Old 1/23/15, 11:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow! So it's my understanding from what's being said that you shouldn't buy a car unless you can pay for it in cash.. Then if so, don't because rates are low. Hearts in the right place but really wrong. If you really want to get the best buy, never buy a new car. Get one that's two years old as the biggest depreciation occurs in the first two years. If you want yo buy a Mustang, then buy one.. This isn't some minivan, it's a MUSTANG! It's an emotional,purchase. If you really want one, do what I'm doing.. Lease it for the lowest payment possible, so this way you take the difference between the lease payment and the finance payment and save that or invest that. At the end of three years you can either turn it in and get another, or keep it and use the money you saved for a nice downpayment to buy it out.
Old 1/24/15, 06:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stam616
Wow! So it's my understanding from what's being said that you shouldn't buy a car unless you can pay for it in cash.. Then if so, don't because rates are low. Hearts in the right place but really wrong. If you really want to get the best buy, never buy a new car. Get one that's two years old as the biggest depreciation occurs in the first two years. If you want yo buy a Mustang, then buy one.. This isn't some minivan, it's a MUSTANG! It's an emotional,purchase. If you really want one, do what I'm doing.. Lease it for the lowest payment possible, so this way you take the difference between the lease payment and the finance payment and save that or invest that. At the end of three years you can either turn it in and get another, or keep it and use the money you saved for a nice downpayment to buy it out.
Well actually, the one gentleman was saying don't buy a car unless you have that amount saved for in the bank or investments. You then can buy the car or finance it but as long as you have that amount of the car put away somewhere.
Old 1/24/15, 11:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
This thread has a lot of good advice, but in the end it will not be able to work for everyone, different jobs-hours-wages-family-kids-house-cars-saving etc. it all comes to play, the the amount of good strategies to run it all would result in a 300 page long book.

Im one of those immigrant that came here for a better life with my mother and brother when I was 10 years old from Poland. I work with my stepfather in his small (10-20 people) business in Turning aircraft CNC parts for companies like Pratt and Whitney and Rolls Royce and many ,many more sub companies.
Since the day I started working, I'm saving as much money as I can, but at the same time indulge myself in some fun stuff. At age of 24 I bought my 2013 Mustang GT in Feb. 2012 with a down payment of 30Gs and financed the last 9000-10000 for 3 years, to build up my credit. I only got 4 more payment on it, and it will be payed off this May. I see people in my age bracket , but they just dont know how to save money at all, living paycheck to paycheck, paying hundreds of dollars every month for cable,ridiculous cellphone bills, buying every ******* Iphone every year, and so much stupid small Sh_t people waste money on ,its just makes me facepalm.

The worst are the people that will come to me and even have the ***** to say sarcastically "nice car, rich dad hah?" or "how did this kid manage to afford this" or something similar among these lines. I just smile and take it. They dont know my life, and I'm not going to stand there explaining myself how I worked hard and saved my money for this car, how much effort I take to maintain it, so it will last me long time.

People with no life plans and goals will always look down on those that work hard for what they see in their future. I'm 27, I'm planning on buying a house with a garage in 2 years, proably around 140-160G, with a decent down payment on it ,so I can live like a king in my own establishment.
Old 1/24/15, 02:00 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 586 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE=
This thread has a lot of good advice, but in the end it will not be able to work for everyone, different jobs-hours-wages-family-kids-house-cars-saving etc. it all comes to play, the the amount of good strategies to run it all would result in a 300 page long book.

Im one of those immigrant that came here for a better life with my mother and brother when I was 10 years old from Poland. I work with my stepfather in his small (10-20 people) business in Turning aircraft CNC parts for companies like Pratt and Whitney and Rolls Royce and many ,many more sub companies.
Since the day I started working, I'm saving as much money as I can, but at the same time indulge myself in some fun stuff. At age of 24 I bought my 2013 Mustang GT in Feb. 2012 with a down payment of 30Gs and financed the last 9000-10000 for 3 years, to build up my credit. I only got 4 more payment on it, and it will be payed off this May. I see people in my age bracket , but they just dont know how to save money at all, living paycheck to paycheck, paying hundreds of dollars every month for cable,ridiculous cellphone bills, buying every ******* Iphone every year, and so much stupid small Sh_t people waste money on ,its just makes me facepalm.

The worst are the people that will come to me and even have the ***** to say sarcastically "nice car, rich dad hah?" or "how did this kid manage to afford this" or something similar among these lines. I just smile and take it. They dont know my life, and I'm not going to stand there explaining myself how I worked hard and saved my money for this car, how much effort I take to maintain it, so it will last me long time.

People with no life plans and goals will always look down on those that work hard for what they see in their future. I'm 27, I'm planning on buying a house with a garage in 2 years, proably around 140-160G, with a decent down payment on it ,so I can live like a king in my own establishment.

I wish we could deport a bunch of our citizens that were born here and replace them with more immigrants like you and your family.
Old 1/24/15, 02:32 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
This thread has a lot of good advice, but in the end it will not be able to work for everyone, different jobs-hours-wages-family-kids-house-cars-saving etc. it all comes to play, the the amount of good strategies to run it all would result in a 300 page long book. Im one of those immigrant that came here for a better life with my mother and brother when I was 10 years old from Poland. I work with my stepfather in his small (10-20 people) business in Turning aircraft CNC parts for companies like Pratt and Whitney and Rolls Royce and many ,many more sub companies. Since the day I started working, I'm saving as much money as I can, but at the same time indulge myself in some fun stuff. At age of 24 I bought my 2013 Mustang GT in Feb. 2012 with a down payment of 30Gs and financed the last 9000-10000 for 3 years, to build up my credit. I only got 4 more payment on it, and it will be payed off this May. I see people in my age bracket , but they just dont know how to save money at all, living paycheck to paycheck, paying hundreds of dollars every month for cable,ridiculous cellphone bills, buying every ******* Iphone every year, and so much stupid small Sh_t people waste money on ,its just makes me facepalm. The worst are the people that will come to me and even have the ***** to say sarcastically "nice car, rich dad hah?" or "how did this kid manage to afford this" or something similar among these lines. I just smile and take it. They dont know my life, and I'm not going to stand there explaining myself how I worked hard and saved my money for this car, how much effort I take to maintain it, so it will last me long time. People with no life plans and goals will always look down on those that work hard for what they see in their future. I'm 27, I'm planning on buying a house with a garage in 2 years, proably around 140-160G, with a decent down payment on it ,so I can live like a king in my own establishment.
I'm glad to hear stories like this. Too many young people don't like hard work or get into fields that they will struggle financially in. Even kids that decide college is the answer for them and major in a field that is flooded or a field that just makes no money. By early 20's, you should really think about what you want out of life. Small goals, big goals, future. How to accomplish these goals. Just because you work hard at a job that will never get you anywhere, doesn't entitle you to anything. It's completely up to you as a young adult to better yourself and avoid debt that traps you from starting over.
Good for you Hyperdrive. Keep on doing what it takes.
Old 1/24/15, 02:50 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I work with my stepfather in his small (10-20 people) business in Turning aircraft CNC parts for companies like Pratt and Whitney and Rolls Royce and many ,many more sub companies.
MAVTV's TITAN American Built!
Old 1/31/15, 02:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BlueBellThunder
Life is to short to worry long term.

I hope so, because if you live too long, you won't have enough money, or you'll be working until the day you die.