2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Mustang GT Driveshaft Shop Aluminum DS Steeda Install

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/15, 08:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
2015 Mustang GT Driveshaft Shop Aluminum DS Steeda Install

Hi everyone,

It's definitely been busy over here at Steeda with S550 product development underway

In between testing and perfecting our own parts, we synced up with our friends over at the Driveshaft Shop and installed their 900hp (3450ft lbs of tq) 3.5'' Aluminum One-Piece Driveshaft with Adapter Plate on one of our 2015 Mustang GT's (manual with Performance Pack). Post-install, all we can say is wow! Impressive weight savings and great drivability!

The stock two-piece driveshaft on our manual PP weighed in at 33 lbs and the Driveshaft Shop aluminum one-piece driveshaft weighed in at 21 lbs (without any packaging) - 12 lbs of weight savings ftw!

This driveshaft features a solid 1350 front u-joint with flange and adapter plate which mounts directly to your transmission - also, all necessary hardware is included in the kit. We wanted to put this install video together for those of you who want to take a stab at installing this bad boy yourself!

Video:

We also carry this product right on our site!- Steeda Driveshaft

As always we are here to answer any questions you may have, enjoy!

Best Regards,

TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 1/31/15 at 07:56 AM.
Old 1/30/15, 05:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
That music... ugh. No offense if y'all like it, but I was kind of personally glad when the install was over.

Yes, I could have turned down the sound, but... still.

Nice install video, otherwise!
Old 1/30/15, 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eh, I've heard worse music, this was pretty generic. But I recognized that guy! He used to come into my gas station. Haven't seen him in a while though. But back to the video, that looks like the perfect time to get the exhaust done as well, since you're already taking it off to get to the driveshaft.
Old 1/31/15, 06:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volume=off

Cool vid though
Old 1/31/15, 07:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
The kids seem to like it, lol.

I will make the note to our video dept.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 1/31/15, 02:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Originally Posted by Von Bek
Eh, I've heard worse music, this was pretty generic. But I recognized that guy! He used to come into my gas station. Haven't seen him in a while though. But back to the video, that looks like the perfect time to get the exhaust done as well, since you're already taking it off to get to the driveshaft.
Indeed, my thoughts have pretty much been if I ever got a '15, the exhaust is getting immediately ripped out and that gigantic one piece thing is getting *trashed*. What a stupid setup from Ford, I still don't get it. It's so ugly and in the dang way.

Originally Posted by Anthony k
Volume=off

Cool vid though
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
The kids seem to like it, lol.

I will make the note to our video dept.

Best Regards,

TJ
Only reason I mention it is that the wrong music, or too loud music, would in fact cause someone to turn the volume off. If there was an overdub of someone saying "Now, look out for this" or whatever, then you wouldn't hear it.

That you guys did the text in the video is great, though, so in your vids it probably wouldn't be as big a deal. But for comparison, CJ's has their 'house music' at a lower level while Bill or whomever does the install while he makes verbal notes. It also sounds more 'Mustangy' if that makes any sense, to me. Or maybe more 'Overhaulin'... I dunno. Not so techno anyway.

Ok, enough with the kibitzin'. Moar install vids! Like maybe how to rebuild a S197 T3650 trans... That is one I'm dyin' to see from start to finish...