2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Incentives and ordering ?

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/15, 10:53 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Incentives and ordering ?

I am getting ready to order a '15 and confused (easily done)about incentives and how and when they are applied.I called Ford and was told it is when you pick up the car. If that is the case all current incentives would have expired.
Even the ones in brochures have an expiration date. I can see myself picking up my car and fighting with the sweet people at the dealer to get them to further discount it. Help!
Old 1/13/15, 01:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
don't worry about any of that. just have a number worked up before you go to the dealership for the option u like. usually dealerships are good with working to realistic number that can keep their lights running.
Old 1/13/15, 02:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by rider
I am getting ready to order a '15 and confused (easily done)about incentives and how and when they are applied.I called Ford and was told it is when you pick up the car. If that is the case all current incentives would have expired.
Even the ones in brochures have an expiration date. I can see myself picking up my car and fighting with the sweet people at the dealer to get them to further discount it. Help!
They always have an expiry date, if you order the current deals do not apply.

That being said, they are likely to have better deals as the year goes on, not worse.

Make your best deal for the car when you order it, sans rebates, with the clear understanding that any rebate in effect at the time of delivery goes to you.
Old 1/13/15, 03:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FlyTexas

That being said, they are likely to have better deals as the year goes on, not worse.

Make your best deal for the car when you order it, sans rebates, with the clear understanding that any rebate in effect at the time of delivery goes to you.
Good post. There are no incentives right now. However your dealer should at least give you X Plan, which is just a few hundred over invoice. It's very possible the car will have some kind of rebate or 0% financing as the year goes on & gets closer to the 2016 run. I'm kind of on the fence also about 15 incentives or waiting for the 16's. Scott
Old 1/13/15, 03:10 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FlyTexas

That is helpful.Thanx.
Old 1/13/15, 03:13 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by sgallison
Good post. There are no incentives right now. However your dealer should at least give you X Plan, which is just a few hundred over invoice. It's very possible the car will have some kind of rebate or 0% financing as the year goes on & gets closer to the 2016 run. I'm kind of on the fence also about 15 incentives or waiting for the 16's. Scott
I too am thinking about how close it will be to order time for the '16 MY by the time my car is delvd. I'd hate to order and then find out they were offering the 5.2 or some other big change. At least the appearance will be the same.
Old 1/13/15, 03:27 PM
Bullitt Member

I too am thinking about how close it will be to order time for the '16 MY by the time my car is delvd. I'd hate to order and then find out they were offering the 5.2 or some other big change. At least the appearance will be the same.
I get it, but I'm sure the 16 GT will still be the same 5.0. Scott
Old 1/13/15, 03:34 PM
GT Member

Laws may vary by state, but in Texas, just placing an order doesn't commit you to buy. Of course you don't want to be rude about it, but when I asked my GMC dealer what would happen when my new truck arrives if I didn't like it, and they replied I didn't have to buy it.

Some dealerships want a $500 deposit, others don't, in Texas if you don't buy it, they have to refund your deposit, they can't keep it.

My current truck was ordered and the GMC dealer didn't ask for a deposit, but I have bought there before so that might be why.
Old 1/13/15, 08:58 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You need to have your dealer lock the current rebates down in "VINCENT".

What I did and what Autonation Ford White Bear MN (old Tousley Ford) did for me when I ordered a new car was lock the rebates down that were active. They were the best dealer to work with and was the only one that was actually honest in how the VINCENT system worked.

I ordered my car in between rebate seasons. I locked down all rebates during the "Ecoboost Challenge" promotion which was $3000 cash back. They took $4250 off their end so I effectively had $7250 locked down in a purchase agreement off MSRP.

Then as time went on before my car came in, I requested Ford brochures via the website in my name, my wife's name and my daughters name since I heard that randomly you will get a $750 coupon. Sure enough, we all got brochures, but my daughters had a $750 coupon in it from Ford.

Then the day before I was to go in and pick up my car, the Summer Spectatular Program came out and I was able to take the better of rebates between what I locked in and what came out. Summer Spectactular had $3500 off!

So on delivery day, I took the new rebate ($3500), coupon ($750), and their markdown agreed to ($4250), and came out with $8500 off MSRP!

Ask to lock down current incentives in VINCENT, if they get better, it's a bonus!
Old 1/13/15, 09:13 PM
Cobra Member

Use this site to find the current incentives for your zip code. They have quite a few for my zip right now.

http://www.ford.com/incentives/

This is the site I used when my car arrived. I got $2250 in rebates when I picked my car up on 12/19/14.
Old 1/13/15, 09:20 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
My incentives were locked in the day I placed my order. Only one that wasn't was the brochure cash, which had to be not expired when I picked it up.
Old 1/13/15, 11:52 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Turbo302
You need to have your dealer lock the current rebates down in "VINCENT".
I was not aware of that, thank you for the tip!
Old 1/14/15, 07:40 AM
V6 Member

All I can find is the $500 switch cash
Old 1/14/15, 08:57 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I can find is the $500 switch cash
Probably not much for incentives right now. I ordered my car right at the last week you could order a 2014, so they were already starting the end of model year rebates.

I think you will start to see rebates getting better around April and then even better in July. That worked out great for me as I ordered end of April, but car came in July.

Since the 2015 is a hot seller, I bet rebates don't get real good until near end of year.
Old 1/16/15, 10:16 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hello rider,

From all of the info I’ve gathered, all dealerships have the option to lock in incentives. But, not all incentives are able to be protected. Most do ask for a deposit on orders, have their own deposit refund policy, and may not be the same amount all across the board. However, they all have the last say on incentives at the time of sale (unless expired).

Available incentives for your area (by ZIP) can also be found here. You can verify eligibility with your selling dealer as all offers are subject to change. Your dealer can check any incentive that applies to you at the time of the sale in their system.

Also, don't forget to PM me with your dealer's name and order number so I can track it.

Deysha
Old 1/16/15, 02:15 PM
V6 Member

Deysha,
You were very helpful with tracking info on my '13 Shelby GT500.I will be nagging you again as soon as I get the order #.
Thanx,
JIM
Old 1/17/15, 06:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello rider, From all of the info I’ve gathered, all dealerships have the option to lock in incentives. But, not all incentives are able to be protected. Most do ask for a deposit on orders, have their own deposit refund policy, and may not be the same amount all across the board. However, they all have the last say on incentives at the time of sale (unless expired). Available incentives for your area (by ZIP) can also be found here. You can verify eligibility with your selling dealer as all offers are subject to change. Your dealer can check any incentive that applies to you at the time of the sale in their system. Also, don't forget to PM me with your dealer's name and order number so I can track it. Deysha
I ordered my car on the 10th and have a VIN, we did get a $750 in loyalty cash as we have a 13 Fusion. Can I tell them they can lock that in this VINCENT thing?? Let me know so I can talk to them as they are great.
Old 1/17/15, 07:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
When I ordered my 2014 they locked in everything. In the ordering system it has all the rebates, Some you will never know about. I locked in all the rebates including the Flier $750 and I did not even have the Flier. Oh No Did I say that?
Old 1/19/15, 06:48 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Deysha,
You were very helpful with tracking info on my '13 Shelby GT500.I will be nagging you again as soon as I get the order #.
Thanx
Awesome, rider! Can’t wait.

Originally Posted by stam616
I ordered my car on the 10th and have a VIN, we did get a $750 in loyalty cash as we have a 13 Fusion. Can I tell them they can lock that in this VINCENT thing?? Let me know so I can talk to them as they are great.
Speak to your sales manager as soon as possible, stam616. They’ll be able to advise if they can lock it in for you.

Deysha
Old 1/19/15, 08:53 AM
V6 Member

I ordered an Orange GT on the 16th.They gave me a rebate discount of $1250. I was told I would get that on deliv. or any in effect at that time.Whichever was more.
Sounds good, we'll see.