401A or not to 401A? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

2015 - 2020 Discuss the Current Generation

401A or not to 401A?

Reply

 
 
 
Old 8/11/18, 08:12 PM
  #1  
Mach 1 Member
Thread Starter
 
Fords4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 13, 2004
Posts: 945
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
401A or not to 401A?

Iím looking for opinions on 401A. Do you have it and would you get it again or would you skip it?

Basically itís the digital dash and navigation right? I donít really care about the nav because I would most likely use Apple CarPlay so it come down to the dash.

What do you guys think?
Fords4Ever is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 8/11/18, 08:20 PM
  #2  
Team Mustang Source
 
area5179's Avatar
 
Join Date: August 16, 2004
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 292
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
I have it on the 2019 GT I ordered last month. I wanted the 12" digital dash but also liked the Premier Trim with Color Accent Group, Heated Steering Wheel, BLISģ (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert, Memory Driver Seat (three (3) settings), Mirrors and Ambient Lighting Pre-Set.
area5179 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 8/12/18, 12:55 AM
  #3  
Mach 1 Member
Thread Starter
 
Fords4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 13, 2004
Posts: 945
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I must have just glossed over what came in 401A, seems like a good value for the money at $2200.

Now my biggest problem is that I really want Need for Green but I’m not crazy about the required over the top stripe or the standard wheels. I really want to know why the Black Accent group isn’t available with NFG? Seems like that combination would go perfectly together!
Fords4Ever is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 8/12/18, 05:56 AM
  #4  
Team Mustang Source
 
area5179's Avatar
 
Join Date: August 16, 2004
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 292
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Fords4Ever View Post
I must have just glossed over what came in 401A, seems like a good value for the money at $2200.

Now my biggest problem is that I really want Need for Green but Iím not crazy about the required over the top stripe or the standard wheels. I really want to know why the Black Accent group isnít available with NFG? Seems like that combination would go perfectly together!
I'm with you there. The Black Accent Package looks great with the NFG but I'm not a fan of the stripe or wheels either. I guess Ford just doesn't think a lot of allowing total customization when buying a car like in the old days
area5179 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 8/12/18, 12:38 PM
  #5  
Cobra R Member
 
wanted33's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 26, 2012
Location: Down south in Dixie
Posts: 1,950
Thanked 133 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by area5179 View Post
I have it on the 2019 GT I ordered last month. I wanted the 12" digital dash but also liked the Premier Trim with Color Accent Group, Heated Steering Wheel, BLISģ (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert, Memory Driver Seat (three (3) settings), Mirrors and Ambient Lighting Pre-Set.

True my friend. When we ordered our '18 the Bliss, etc wasn't part of the package, it was tied to the Safe & Smart option. Ford has made the 401A a good bargain in '19 with the additions.I do especially like the Bliss in our convertible. It helps a ton with the extra blind spots in the verts.
wanted33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 8/12/18, 12:50 PM
  #6  
Play Date Madam
TMS Staff
 
laserred38's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 6, 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 12,817
Thanked 159 Times in 135 Posts
Originally Posted by area5179
I'm with you there. The Black Accent Package looks great with the NFG but I'm not a fan of the stripe or wheels either. I guess Ford just doesn't think a lot of allowing total customization when buying a car like in the old days
The black accent package is a waste of money. Some black vinyl for the mirror caps, roof and emblems, then get your choice of black wheels aftermarket. Have you tried to have a dealer order you one? The build and price is often incorrect.
laserred38 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 8/13/18, 12:59 AM
  #7  
Mach 1 Member
Thread Starter
 
Fords4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 13, 2004
Posts: 945
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38 View Post
The black accent package is a waste of money. Some black vinyl for the mirror caps, roof and emblems, then get your choice of black wheels aftermarket. Have you tried to have a dealer order you one? The build and price is often incorrect.
No, havenít decided to pull the trigger yet so no need to waste a sales personís time yet.

Regarding the Black Accent package, for $1K, thereís nothing I donít like about it. I like the look of the wheels and it upgrades the narrow 235 stock tires to 255. A decent aftermarket wheel and tire package is gonna run at least $1500 Iím guessing.

im waiting to see a NFG in person to decide and maybe the stripe wonít bother me, weíll see. I suppose the stripe could be removed and I assume the stripe is applied completely after all paint, thereís no clear over the stripe right?
Fords4Ever is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 8/13/18, 08:21 AM
  #8  
Cobra R Member
 
wanted33's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 26, 2012
Location: Down south in Dixie
Posts: 1,950
Thanked 133 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by Fords4Ever View Post

No, havenít decided to pull the trigger yet so no need to waste a sales personís time yet.

Regarding the Black Accent package, for $1K, thereís nothing I donít like about it. I like the look of the wheels and it upgrades the narrow 235 stock tires to 255. A decent aftermarket wheel and tire package is gonna run at least $1500 Iím guessing.

im waiting to see a NFG in person to decide and maybe the stripe wonít bother me, weíll see. I suppose the stripe could be removed and I assume the stripe is applied completely after all paint, thereís no clear over the stripe right?
No clear my friend, they are just stick on vinyl.
wanted33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 8/13/18, 08:49 AM
  #9  
Play Date Madam
TMS Staff
 
laserred38's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 6, 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 12,817
Thanked 159 Times in 135 Posts
Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
No, havenít decided to pull the trigger yet so no need to waste a sales personís time yet.

Regarding the Black Accent package, for $1K, thereís nothing I donít like about it. I like the look of the wheels and it upgrades the narrow 235 stock tires to 255. A decent aftermarket wheel and tire package is gonna run at least $1500 Iím guessing.

im waiting to see a NFG in person to decide and maybe the stripe wonít bother me, weíll see. I suppose the stripe could be removed and I assume the stripe is applied completely after all paint, thereís no clear over the stripe right?
Yeah it only makes sense if you're going to keep the stock wheels. You could do the vinyl yourself or cheaper aftermarket. You'd be surprised on wheels. If you waited out for a Black Friday sale. An aftermarket wheel tire setup would be around $1500 yes, but you'd have a significantly better setup than stock. Don't kid yourself, 255s don't look any better and don't help these cars hook any better either. It's almost criminal to put 235/255s on these cars with the power. I'm running Project 6GRs 20x10/11 with 295/30 and 305/30 and I can still break traction at will in 1st and 2nd. Just trying to help you out. If you're set on never changing the wheels, the black accent package is fine. I just suspect, like most Mustang owners, you'll want to change them down the road...
laserred38 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 8/14/18, 08:59 PM
  #10  
Mach 1 Member
Thread Starter
 
Fords4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 13, 2004
Posts: 945
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ultimately I think I'd like to do a 19x10 square setup of the LMR SVE350R black wheels, I really like the look of those. They're right at $2K with Nitto 555G2's

Regarding the stripe, I might like it in person, who knows. I really want to see NFG in person though.

At this point I'm thinking '19 vert, NFG, 6spd, 401A, active exhaust. I think that's it.

Fords4Ever is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Adam
2010-2014 Mustang
41
10/23/10 05:23 PM
Double-EDad
Performance White
6
7/27/10 05:47 AM
Huskernation
2010-2014 Mustang
10
6/28/10 09:57 AM
Bigjohns97
2010-2014 Mustang
43
5/19/10 06:51 PM
ipodintampa
2010-2014 Mustang
29
3/7/10 09:25 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors