The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2015 - 2023 MUSTANG (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/)
-   -   401A or not to 401A? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/401a-not-401a-545997/)

Fords4Ever 8/11/18 08:12 PM

401A or not to 401A?

I’m looking for opinions on 401A. Do you have it and would you get it again or would you skip it?

Basically it’s the digital dash and navigation right? I don’t really care about the nav because I would most likely use Apple CarPlay so it come down to the dash.

What do you guys think?

area5179 8/11/18 08:20 PM

I have it on the 2019 GT I ordered last month. I wanted the 12" digital dash but also liked the Premier Trim with Color Accent Group, Heated Steering Wheel, BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert, Memory Driver Seat (three (3) settings), Mirrors and Ambient Lighting Pre-Set.

Fords4Ever 8/12/18 12:55 AM

I must have just glossed over what came in 401A, seems like a good value for the money at $2200.

Now my biggest problem is that I really want Need for Green but I’m not crazy about the required over the top stripe or the standard wheels. I really want to know why the Black Accent group isn’t available with NFG? Seems like that combination would go perfectly together!

area5179 8/12/18 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever (Post 7033882)
I must have just glossed over what came in 401A, seems like a good value for the money at $2200.

Now my biggest problem is that I really want Need for Green but I’m not crazy about the required over the top stripe or the standard wheels. I really want to know why the Black Accent group isn’t available with NFG? Seems like that combination would go perfectly together!

I'm with you there. The Black Accent Package looks great with the NFG but I'm not a fan of the stripe or wheels either. I guess Ford just doesn't think a lot of allowing total customization when buying a car like in the old days

wanted33 8/12/18 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by area5179 (Post 7033876)
I have it on the 2019 GT I ordered last month. I wanted the 12" digital dash but also liked the Premier Trim with Color Accent Group, Heated Steering Wheel, BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert, Memory Driver Seat (three (3) settings), Mirrors and Ambient Lighting Pre-Set.

True my friend. When we ordered our '18 the Bliss, etc wasn't part of the package, it was tied to the Safe & Smart option. Ford has made the 401A a good bargain in '19 with the additions.I do especially like the Bliss in our convertible. It helps a ton with the extra blind spots in the verts.

laserred38 8/12/18 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by area5179
I'm with you there. The Black Accent Package looks great with the NFG but I'm not a fan of the stripe or wheels either. I guess Ford just doesn't think a lot of allowing total customization when buying a car like in the old days

The black accent package is a waste of money. Some black vinyl for the mirror caps, roof and emblems, then get your choice of black wheels aftermarket. Have you tried to have a dealer order you one? The build and price is often incorrect.

Fords4Ever 8/13/18 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 7033907)
The black accent package is a waste of money. Some black vinyl for the mirror caps, roof and emblems, then get your choice of black wheels aftermarket. Have you tried to have a dealer order you one? The build and price is often incorrect.

No, haven’t decided to pull the trigger yet so no need to waste a sales person’s time yet.

Regarding the Black Accent package, for $1K, there’s nothing I don’t like about it. I like the look of the wheels and it upgrades the narrow 235 stock tires to 255. A decent aftermarket wheel and tire package is gonna run at least $1500 I’m guessing.

im waiting to see a NFG in person to decide and maybe the stripe won’t bother me, we’ll see. I suppose the stripe could be removed and I assume the stripe is applied completely after all paint, there’s no clear over the stripe right?

wanted33 8/13/18 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever (Post 7033942)

No, haven’t decided to pull the trigger yet so no need to waste a sales person’s time yet.

Regarding the Black Accent package, for $1K, there’s nothing I don’t like about it. I like the look of the wheels and it upgrades the narrow 235 stock tires to 255. A decent aftermarket wheel and tire package is gonna run at least $1500 I’m guessing.

im waiting to see a NFG in person to decide and maybe the stripe won’t bother me, we’ll see. I suppose the stripe could be removed and I assume the stripe is applied completely after all paint, there’s no clear over the stripe right?

No clear my friend, they are just stick on vinyl.

laserred38 8/13/18 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever

Yeah it only makes sense if you're going to keep the stock wheels. You could do the vinyl yourself or cheaper aftermarket. You'd be surprised on wheels. If you waited out for a Black Friday sale. An aftermarket wheel tire setup would be around $1500 yes, but you'd have a significantly better setup than stock. Don't kid yourself, 255s don't look any better and don't help these cars hook any better either. It's almost criminal to put 235/255s on these cars with the power. I'm running Project 6GRs 20x10/11 with 295/30 and 305/30 and I can still break traction at will in 1st and 2nd. Just trying to help you out. If you're set on never changing the wheels, the black accent package is fine. I just suspect, like most Mustang owners, you'll want to change them down the road... :stirpot:

Fords4Ever 8/14/18 08:59 PM

Ultimately I think I'd like to do a 19x10 square setup of the LMR SVE350R black wheels, I really like the look of those. They're right at $2K with Nitto 555G2's

Regarding the stripe, I might like it in person, who knows. I really want to see NFG in person though.

At this point I'm thinking '19 vert, NFG, 6spd, 401A, active exhaust. I think that's it.