2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Spy Shots

Search this Thread

Old 12/17/12, 01:36 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
And they saved 3inches of piping a weight saving effort
If that 3 inches means the S550 doesn't suffer the fuel filling issues my '05 does, it's worth the surgery
Old 12/17/12, 02:38 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FRPP IS going to offer a secondary fuel cell that connects to the new, longer fuel filler neck. Mind: blown.
Old 12/17/12, 02:59 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by t-fatty
How is it we don't have a real pic of a 2015 yet? There are only several places to camp out to see one?
Thats because Ford has become very clever at hiding pre-production models out of sight. There out there....just not on public roads.
Old 12/18/12, 02:29 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
No, the fog lights needed more clearance.

Pill, you think you know, but you have no clue.
I know quite a bit about Ford for someone in Pohanka If it really bothers you man, I'll just read.

Or, you can come over to SVTP so you can't erase my post. There are mulible patents published for what we have already seen on the mule. Everything but the make shift exhaust has patents published.

Besides, the elimination of rear strut towers IF a compact shock is used, will see a more direct path from tank to door. There is no sense in sealing the fuel door up with NVH mats until they decide on a final product. Just a trained observation...
The strange bend in the piping is due to the full length shock absorber used on the live axle. A new suspension will eliminate the extra piping, requiring Ford to have some "play" in the inner fuel door area.

Sorry for upsetting the moderators, no big deal.

Last edited by thePill; 12/18/12 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12/18/12, 03:03 PM
V6 Member

Smile

Originally Posted by thePill
I know quite a bit about Ford for someone in Pohanka If it really bothers you man, I'll just read.

Or, you can come over to SVTP so you can't erase my post. There are mulible patents published for what we have already seen on the mule. Everything but the make shift exhaust has patents published.

Besides, the elimination of rear strut towers IF a compact shock is used, will see a more direct path from tank to door. There is no sense in sealing the fuel door up with NVH mats until they decide on a final product. Just a trained observation...
The strange bend in the piping is due to the full length shock absorber used on the live axle. A new suspension will eliminate the extra piping, requiring Ford to have some "play" in the inner fuel door area.

Don't worry about it man for I and others in this forum appreciate the info and conjecture you bring to the table. If anybody has a problem with that than they need to chill out.
Old 12/18/12, 03:30 PM
GTR Member

If you're going to continue to be ignorant, then please, go stick around and throw your BS over at SVTP. I didn't delete your posts, I moved them to the 2015 platform discussion, instead of the spy shot thread where they didn't belong.

If you honeslty think the staff here doesn't have resources to fact check, you're sadly mistaken. Because the 2015 car is a very important model to the community, the staff is trying to maintain a level of fact or close to it, instead of someones info that a few minutes on Google or Wikipedia fan drudge up. Needless to say, there's a lot known that won't be posted directly, because it's not worth proving a point at the expense of information.

Last edited by Overboost; 12/18/12 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12/18/12, 06:24 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
There inlies the problem.
While I don't doubt that patents can always point to a direction, but I wouldn't pass those off as bible truths, they don't mean they are destined for the future car, or the future future car.
It just means they are protecting the possibility of using that idea/widget.

11+11=6
It's all in the context, and the missing variables.
There's a lot more to the stories than just one or 2 things, and you can't always assume. We know what happens there.

Last edited by Boomer; 12/18/12 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12/18/12, 07:20 PM
V6 Member

There were a bunch of published patents this year alone. There was a patent on a "running horse emblem" published last year that I don't think will make it. I would love to see a running emblem in action, even if it doesn't make the cut. Some kind of LED emblem, thinking it would run faster as the accelerator is mashed. There are some important additions to the new car that shouldn't be made public at this time. We can't see the worksheet until it is published... but I'm gonna have to live with that...

If you're going to continue to be ignorant, then please, go stick around and throw your BS over at SVTP. I didn't delete your posts, I moved them to the 2015 platform discussion, instead of the spy shot thread where they didn't belong.

If you honeslty think the staff here doesn't have resources to fact check, you're sadly mistaken. Because the 2015 car is a very important model to the community, the staff is trying to maintain a level of fact or close to it, instead of someones info that a few minutes on Google or Wikipedia fan drudge up. Needless to say, there's a lot known that won't be posted directly, because it's not worth proving a point at the expense of information.
I fully intend on people fact checking me. This is how I released information I attained on subjects such as GMs ALMS's 5.5R, the ZL1 in general, the Nurburgring '13, the 5.8, EU-01s involvement in the Road Runner 5.0 and the EVOS/S550 development. With the exception of the Trinity, my guys gave me pretty good info. Even with the Trinity not being the RR 5.0, Ford did eventually go public with the results via the '13 Jet.

Now, as far as using google or researching the topic using the Internet... Not using what's pervided and availible to me would make forum conversations in general... Completely useless...

I can't just use my sources and post, I understand it makes what's posted sound crazy. I tried posting what I witnessed 1st hand on the '13 GT500 (not this forum) at Nurburgring. Everyone thought I was insane... No big deal.

I traded info for the ZL1 while it was locked down. Stuff like Babe Ruthing the ZL1s curb weight almost to the pound (being correct got me banned), the ZL1s HP/TQ limitations based on the 6060 and 6L90. You even gave me hell personally for calling the EVOS "it"... Its not an issue man, if you don't want me speaking about something, just let me know and I can make it stop... Not a problem.

I will tell the moderators here exactly what I told Camaro5's, If you don't like members coming back and saying "I told you so", then ban me now

In the camo phase of developemet, I would expect fact checker to check. I also like to know the 5 w's and the H. I don't gain much or, cant disqualify any sources without being debunked by a 3rd party. I know it's hush hush right now, but guidance on the topic is more helpful to me instead of pointing out my ignorance, or BSing, or asking me to leave.

No big deal though, I like talking possibilities, eliminating those not likely and highlighting the probabilities

As far as the gas cap camo, I don't think they are close to EPA tank pressure test yet, the exhaust isn't finalized yet (on that mule at least). All that EPA crap comes last.

I have to ask this but, with the slight increase in MPG, is it possible that the tank itself is downsized? If the range stays the same or is equal to, would it really have an impact? Something like a 14 gallon IF curb weight is measured at full.

Last edited by thePill; 12/18/12 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12/18/12, 07:41 PM
GTR Member

There were a bunch of published patents this year alone. There was a patent on a "running horse emblem" published last year that I don't think will make it. I would love to see a running emblem in action, even if it doesn't make the cut. There are some important additions to the new car that shouldn't be made public at this time. We can't see the worksheet until it is published... but I'm gonna have to live with that...
If they've got patents and they're available online, then post links.
Old 12/18/12, 08:57 PM
V6 Member

If they've got patents and they're available online, then post links.
The new dual chambered resonator mufflers were on the link that was moved. I will find it again real quick...

Edit: Here's the actually worksheet.

I wish you would have al least thumbed through my facts before you fact checked me. This particular patent was published May 2012 (not March of 2012)... To be honest, I usually post my "facts" purely on memory so you have to forgive my timeframe error. There is a single chambered resonator/muffler but it's the same design (don't quote me on that).

Edit: The image below? I can see the shock mounted outboard from the coil. It does looks like a compact shock BUT, since it's mounted outboard... It's not as compact as the near center mounted compact shock. As long as the design is initially design using compacts, a compact coilover is possible. The mufflers here are the ones on the worksheet.

This Control Blade IRS is the one we DON'T want.

Last edited by thePill; 12/18/12 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12/19/12, 02:00 AM
V6 Member

There are two major groups for published Ford patents right now. One is stuff for a Hybrid and the other a sports coupe, sedan or car. The is a new differential with 4WD capabilities, the Getrag is also 4WD ready. Click on "Full Text" for a more in depth explanation. These worksheets are going to be vague because it still is subject to industry theft.

Here is a new ambient light bar for the interior.

[IMG][/IMG] I have to go back through the patents one by one.

Here's one for a new fuel door mechanism thats cap less but requires a key for access.

http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/pat...-20120410.html

Here's one for direct injection, don't know of its 5.0, 3.5, 2.0??? However, this patent was applied for in October 2007 and then a continuation in Jul 2011... and again in Oct. I actually think I first seen the DI worksheet on this website.

http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/pat...-20120807.html

On the patentee index, there is new Control Blade IRS patent in Janruary 2012. I cannot find the worksheet. I wont stop, I didn't know this. There are a lot of published stuff for fuel tank humidity control.

Here is a headlight molding published 14 Feb 2012. It is clay...
http://www.strutpatent.com/patent/d0...icle-headlight
Another strange headlamp...
http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/pat...-20120313.html

Can anyone identify this center console? http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/pat...-20120501.html

Another cup holder console patent. Now we can hold our drinks... Published in Aug.
http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/pat...-20121204.html

I need help identifying this headlight so I can disqualify it.
http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/pat...-20121106.html I think I have the paperwork for the hood that goes with this. It doesn't seem Mustang to me unless it's the new fog light.

Here's your new filler tube Turbo. You can see a lot of garbage was taken out. http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/pat...-20121204.html

I'm putting this here because Im interested in the advantage of a hydraulic VCT vs. oil pressure operated. http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/pat...-20120306.html

Anti-wheel hop technology for all you drag racers. Another form a AdvanceTrac. http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/pat...-20120612.html I like this idea... This is being designed strictly for the Nextang.

Heres the Ecoboost 5.0!!! The turbos are in the valley and not straddling the transmission. Oh well, I was wrong... EU-01 failed... Long live the Cobra Jet. http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/pat...-20120403.html
I can't post this on SVTP, they will post a video of my beheading on Smack Down. The Supercharger guys will take this pretty hard... This technically isn't "Twin Turbo". The two compressors are actually one creating a "dual turbo". I guess like a Bi-turbo just a lot different. This is actually NOT the Twin Turbo Cobra Jet setup, the Jet is setup similar to the EU-01 except the turbos were mounted forward. This kinda new system eliminates weight by eliminating plumbing, its waaaay more efficient and creates a nice linear pull through the band and eliminating lag. Expect the next SVT Mustang to have a nice big bulging hood. Perhaps a cowl like induction or some nostrils on each side of the valley (see Mach5) and CAI feed the turbos through the nose. Another possibility, a slight cowl with a centered SVO functional CAI scoop right into the turbo.

I hope you appreciate this Overboost, we are working in shifts.

Edit: I gotta quit brother, my eyes are killin me...

Last edited by thePill; 12/19/12 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12/19/12, 06:11 AM
GTR Member

Nice work. Interested to see the ambient light bar you mentioned. No link in there.

Did some looking, the clay headlamp appears to be the 2013 Taurus lamp:

The other one you weren't sure of may be the new Transit or Transit Connect headlamp. I do find it odd that they're patenting them well after the vehicle was unveiled/launched. With the Vertrek (Escape) concept, they patented almost the entire body design close to the vehicle's unveiling.

Center console is interesting. The rear portion appears to be similar to the current car, but I don't think that's our production console.
Old 12/19/12, 08:26 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I wouldn't go nuts looking at these patents. Cool to see, but absolutely zero indication on whats going into the next car or the next next car.
Old 12/19/12, 08:44 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm putting this here because Im interested in the advantage of a hydraulic VCT vs. oil pressure operated. http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/pat...-20120306.html
Says "hydraulic variable valve timing" - not hydraulic VCT. Replaces camshafts?

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/19/12 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12/19/12, 11:16 AM
V6 Member

There are literally 1000s of patents published weekly. I am trying to locate any new Control Blade IRS patents because the many different variations of the system amazes me. There was one published in January, and I manually looked through the patentee index and can't find it.

I will continue my search momentarily, I gave myself a headache. I will try and repost the ambient light bar, the diagram was very vague if I remember correctly.

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Awwwww man! What a let down... I thought I found something to occupy my brain. Thanks for the heads up man.

Nice work. Interested to see the ambient light bar you mentioned. No link in there.

Did some looking, the clay headlamp appears to be the 2013 Taurus lamp:

The other one you weren't sure of may be the new Transit or Transit Connect headlamp. I do find it odd that they're patenting them well after the vehicle was unveiled/launched. With the Vertrek (Escape) concept, they patented almost the entire body design close to the vehicle's unveiling.

Center console is interesting. The rear portion appears to be similar to the current car, but I don't think that's our production console.
Thanks man, I'm going keep searching after I take a breather. Like Boomer said though, some of these patents may be dead in the water already. Thanks again for eliminating some of those designs. I'm gonna keep fishing and try to post the ones that may be relevant in a somewhat orderly fashion. I'll get them on the boat, you guys gut em.

I am on the lookout for any patents on the exterior however, as you suggested, why publish the patent AFTER the cars been out. Technically, the filing date is the birth of an idea. Not sure how long the approval process takes. I see all different intervals... Since there is no standard for publishing, Ford is gonna keep it under wraps.

Last edited by thePill; 12/19/12 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12/19/12, 01:15 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
This is interesting stuff, guys, thanks for posting
Old 12/19/12, 01:20 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
This is interesting stuff, guys, thanks for posting
This.
Old 12/19/12, 04:29 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
There is a cam in there, you can see it in the drawing and read it in the text, as I read it though it adds the ability to vary lift as well (think BMW's VANOS+Valvetronic).

The big advantage here is the elimination of the throttlebody and a reduction in pumping losses which increases economy over the whole operating cycle of the engine.
Old 12/19/12, 11:35 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by bob
There is a cam in there, you can see it in the drawing and read it in the text, as I read it though it adds the ability to vary lift as well (think BMW's VANOS+Valvetronic).

The big advantage here is the elimination of the throttlebody and a reduction in pumping losses which increases economy over the whole operating cycle of the engine.
We need to find an appropriate space to discuss this HVVT, I want to learn and understand this.

Back on topic.

Last edited by thePill; 12/19/12 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12/20/12, 06:22 PM
V6 Member

Heres the Ecoboost 5.0!!! The turbos are in the valley and not straddling the transmission. Oh well, I was wrong... EU-01 failed... Long live the Cobra Jet. http://www.uspto.gov/web/patents/pat...-20120403.html
looks to me like that's the "dual boost" turbocharger used in the Scorpion 6.7L Diesel engine in Super Duty pick-ups. Notice it says "for internal combustion engines" which includes diesel engines.

and the hydraulic valve timing patent shows a phaser similiar to what is already used, but they talk more about how the spool valve(electric solenoid) stays activated in the neutral position to prevent leakage.. which may improve phaser stability or cam journal durability perhaps? I don't think it looks much different otherwise.

Quick Reply: 2015 Spy Shots