2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/12, 07:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice that you brought up the old Aston Martin V8s, with their "Mustangish" front fascia, as I was thinking of it the other day with all this talk of the new Mustang looking, in part, like a modern Aston Martin. Funny how things work out.

Last edited by Wolfsburg; 4/18/12 at 07:32 PM.
Old 4/18/12, 09:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
Nice that you brought up the old Aston Martin V8s, with their "Mustangish" front fascia, as I was thinking of it the other day with all this talk of the new Mustang looking, in part, like a modern Aston Martin. Funny how things work out.

The outline shape of the Aston Martin grille is specific. No Mustang has ever had that shape and I have never confused the Mustang as having any relation to an Aston Martin look. 61-66 Thunderbirds did have a similar grille outline shape as Aston Martins. Now classic Ferraris are a different story. Ferrari's inspired the look of the front end of the first Thunderbird. It is also well documented that the large open mouth grille opening that juts forward on the classic Mustang was inspired after the Ferrari grille openings. Everyone should know Iacocca who headed up the idea of the Mustang and was of Italian descent, was fascinated by Ferraris so designers in the studio would often try to flatter Iacocca with Italian design elements.

The open mouth grille that juts forward was first tried on 1958 Thunderbird design proposals but was not used. It showed up later on a number of different Mustang proposals including the "Allegro" and of course the winning design which became the classic Mustang.

Ford seems to be re-emphasizing the forward thrust of the grille opening for the Mustang. I can see why the 2010 GT500 look was expanded across the Mustang lone for 2013. It is also providing a transition to the look of the eventual 2015 Mustang which will likely duplicate the Evos concept grille.

Last edited by watchdevil; 4/18/12 at 09:58 PM.
Old 4/18/12, 09:55 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
The outline shape of the Aston Martin grille is specific. No Mustang has ever had that shape and I have never confused the Mustang as having any relation to an Aston Martin look. 61-66 Thunderbirds did have a similar grille outline shape as Aston Martins. Now classic Ferraris are a different story. Ferrari's inspired the look of the front end of the first Thunderbird. It is also well documented that the large open mouth grille opening that juts forward on the classic Mustang was inspired after the Ferrari grille openings. Everyone should know Iacocca who headed up the idea of the Mustang and was of Italian descent, was fascinated by Ferraris so designers in the studio would often try to flatter Iacocca with Italian design elements.

The open mouth grille that juts forward was first tried on 1958 Thunderbird design proposals but was not used. It showed up later on a number of different Mustang proposals including the "Allegro" and of course the winning design which became the classic Mustang.

I agree in regards to the Ferraris. In regards to Aston Martins, while no Mustang has ever quite had that shape, it sounds like it will if the rumors are true. Only observation I'm making here is the irony of the old Aston Martin V8s having a Mustang-like fascia once upon a time and the reverse being true in 2015, if the rumors pan out...
Old 4/18/12, 10:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
I agree in regards to the Ferraris. In regards to Aston Martins, while no Mustang has ever quite had that shape, it sounds like it will if the rumors are true. Only observation I'm making here is the irony of the old Aston Martin V8s having a Mustang-like fascia once upon a time and the reverse being true in 2015, if the rumors pan out...
Look again... Aston Martins have always had their look way before Mustangs ever came along... So they are in no way "Mustang-like"... They are the precedent.

And I doubt the next Mustang is going to rip-off the exact outline of an Aston Martin grille. Perhaps maybe the hood shape but the grille will likely be what has already been shown with the Evos retaining a straight edge on top and incorporating the new Ford family look with the bottom corners clipped.

1958 Aston Martin DB4

1950 Aston Martin DB2

1964 Aston Martin DB5

Last edited by watchdevil; 4/18/12 at 10:18 PM.
Old 4/18/12, 10:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Attached Thumbnails 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-2015-mustang.jpg  
Old 4/19/12, 12:58 AM
Cobra Member

Okay, obviously you're not seeing what I'm referring to. The Aston Martin V8 series have a much more Mustang-like fascia than the ones you're posting. I'm quite aware of the classic Aston grille with the two "kinks" in the upper corners. That's not what I'm talking about. Can you not see the difference between Moostang's pic of a 70s-era V8 and what you're posting? Look at the "glaring" headlights and the raised crease on the front fenders. Coupled with the more rectangular grille and foglight placement, you have a very Mustang-like appearance.

Last edited by Wolfsburg; 4/19/12 at 01:04 AM.
Old 4/19/12, 05:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wow talk about mustangy Aston
Old 4/19/12, 06:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Look again... Aston Martins have always had their look way before Mustangs ever came along... So they are in no way "Mustang-like"... They are the precedent.

And I doubt the next Mustang is going to rip-off the exact outline of an Aston Martin grille. Perhaps maybe the hood shape but the grille will likely be what has already been shown with the Evos retaining a straight edge on top and incorporating the new Ford family look with the bottom corners clipped.

1958 Aston Martin DB4

1950 Aston Martin DB2

1964 Aston Martin DB5

That grill is not far from being a trapezoid and it is flanked by 2 Round headlamps. If you can see NO Similarity to a Mustang at all your Blind.
I agree they do not look alike but there are similarities in the basic shape and lay out.
Old 4/19/12, 06:28 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ford seems to be re-emphasizing the forward thrust of the grille opening for the Mustang. I can see why the 2010 GT500 look was expanded across the Mustang lone for 2013. It is also providing a transition to the look of the eventual 2015 Mustang which will likely duplicate the Evos concept grille.
Well conaidering Ford still owns about 15% of Aston Martin i predict many Aston like cues fused with American Muscle
Old 4/19/12, 10:42 AM
Bullitt Member

And some info to go along with it.
http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...and_viper.html

excerpt:
"....Expect that process to continue with the new car, which will get a dose of the company's latest "Kinetic 2.0" design language. Ford executive director of global product programs (and one-time Mustang chief engineer) Hau Thai-Tang confirmed that the new styling -- which appears first on the 2013 Fusion -- is supposed to be "a family look," adding, "It's going to move the Mustang forward." The challenge will be doing that while keeping enough of the fifty-year-old DNA to ensure that the new model looks like a Mustang. The illustration below attempts to fuse the new design language, previewed by the Ford Evos concept and the forthcoming Fusion sedan, with some of the Mustang's retro cues. It's a flat-out guess, but our Sneak Preview issue wouldn't be complete without at least one pie-in-the-sky styling exercise. "
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-future-ford-mustang-front-three-quarters-4b-2015-.jpg  
Old 4/19/12, 10:53 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by CannonBaller
And some info to go along with it.
http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...and_viper.html

excerpt:
"....Expect that process to continue with the new car, which will get a dose of the company's latest "Kinetic 2.0" design language. Ford executive director of global product programs (and one-time Mustang chief engineer) Hau Thai-Tang confirmed that the new styling -- which appears first on the 2013 Fusion -- is supposed to be "a family look," adding, "It's going to move the Mustang forward." The challenge will be doing that while keeping enough of the fifty-year-old DNA to ensure that the new model looks like a Mustang. The illustration below attempts to fuse the new design language, previewed by the Ford Evos concept and the forthcoming Fusion sedan, with some of the Mustang's retro cues. It's a flat-out guess, but our Sneak Preview issue wouldn't be complete without at least one pie-in-the-sky styling exercise. "
Now that looks sexy! Maybe a lil more mustang cues and id love to see a pic of the back end of that render
Old 4/19/12, 10:55 AM
GT Member

I absolutely despise the front of that car.
Old 4/19/12, 11:53 AM
Bullitt Member

I am having trouble with a few of the more futuristic designs, just cause they look like bulbous eclipses with mustang bit front and rear, not overly mustang looking.
Old 4/19/12, 11:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I Want hips..............
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-side_profile.jpg  
Old 4/19/12, 12:00 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Topnotch
Just not too much hip...please.
Old 4/19/12, 12:38 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Stops teasin' and show us more
Old 4/19/12, 03:35 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo

Agreed
Pics or it doesnt exist!
Old 4/19/12, 07:10 PM

WOW!!! I'm digging it!
Old 4/19/12, 08:14 PM
V6 Member

I want this hip.....and rear
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread-2014-stang-rear3.jpg  
Old 4/19/12, 08:45 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Okay!

Last edited by MARZ; 4/19/12 at 08:47 PM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread