2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/14, 02:31 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i went to the dealer and he printed up all the info on the catalytic convertor recall. it only affects 1% of cars made and its because they were put on backwards.....yes backwards. while it does not say that in the paperwork i have the diagram it shows says the word 'inlet' should be right after the headers, if its on the opposite end away from the header, it has to be replaced, one or both depending on where the inlet is stamped at, so if you read between the lines, some were put on backwards. it says to fix before selling the cars, or if already sold, they will have mailers going out by dec 26 once they know who owns them all. it was great the dealer printed up all the material for me to have, and he said mine was not listed as affected, but also according to Oasis report on the car, it still does not have a release date on it, so its probably still sitting in flat rock, not going to make the oct 20 delivery date to phoenix.
Old 10/17/14, 09:32 PM

Today i found out the firm order i placed about 4 months ago had somehow got lost in the system!! I'm was told today that because of this mistake by Ford, my order is moved to Priority One next week... Anybody know what that translates to? Could not get a straight answer from my salesman. I ordered an orange ecoboost, loaded, manual, grey interior... No V8 because its got more power than my 420hp Vantage and did not want to deflate the Aston Martin experience by having a more powerful Mustang.
Old 10/18/14, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by disneyfun1
well i went to the dealer and he printed up all the info on the catalytic convertor recall. it only affects 1% of cars made and its because they were put on backwards.....yes backwards. while it does not say that in the paperwork i have the diagram it shows says the word 'inlet' should be right after the headers, if its on the opposite end away from the header, it has to be replaced, one or both depending on where the inlet is stamped at, so if you read between the lines, some were put on backwards. it says to fix before selling the cars, or if already sold, they will have mailers going out by dec 26 once they know who owns them all. it was great the dealer printed up all the material for me to have, and he said mine was not listed as affected, but also according to Oasis report on the car, it still does not have a release date on it, so its probably still sitting in flat rock, not going to make the oct 20 delivery date to phoenix.
Hate to here that Disneyfun1 hope they are going to ship it soon. It is frustrating once it is made and shipping is delayed. I know I would be going crazy.
Old 10/18/14, 08:15 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Today i found out the firm order i placed about 4 months ago had somehow got lost in the system!! I'm was told today that because of this mistake by Ford, my order is moved to Priority One next week... Anybody know what that translates to? Could not get a straight answer from my salesman. I ordered an orange ecoboost, loaded, manual, grey interior... No V8 because its got more power than my 420hp Vantage and did not want to deflate the Aston Martin experience by having a more powerful Mustang.
Priority 1 moves you to the top of the list (regionally I believe) so you will see progress pretty quickly. Only regional ford managers can give anything lower than a priority 10.
Old 10/20/14, 02:21 PM

Finally listed as in order processing. So there is hope after all.
Old 10/21/14, 04:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
cotus says i just went into production...
i assume from talking to deysha that will happen next week for the actual build.
exciting times.....
Old 10/22/14, 07:05 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by disneyfun1
well i went to the dealer and he printed up all the info on the catalytic convertor recall. it only affects 1% of cars made and its because they were put on backwards..... it was great the dealer printed up all the material for me to have, and he said mine was not listed as affected, but also according to Oasis report on the car, it still does not have a release date on it, so its probably still sitting in flat rock, not going to make the oct 20 delivery date to phoenix.
It now has a released date of 10/17, disneyfun1. You’re welcome to check with me for updates.

I’m happy to check on this order for you, Prefurbia. PM me with your dealer’s name and order number.

Originally Posted by Brigman
Finally listed as in order processing. So there is hope after all.
Check with me this week to see if it schedules, Brigman.

Originally Posted by SINBUSTER007
cotus says i just went into production...
i assume from talking to Deysha that will happen next week for the actual build.
exciting times.....
Check your build date on your window sticker, SINBUSTER007.

Deysha
Old 10/22/14, 03:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
putting my vin in cotus and it comes back as not found, normal or am I doing something wrong?
Old 10/22/14, 04:18 PM

Thanks Deysha I'll watch the cotusb page although I would love to have mine, there are alot of mustangs lovers ahead of me.
Old 10/22/14, 04:50 PM

So I thought I had an order for months ago and an orange eco-boost loaded mustang... And it turns out that Ford screwed up and drop the order but I think it was a dealer that screwed up, but I was told that I had priority one on the build. Yesterday I visited the dealer and he said it should only be another eight weeks before I see the car!!! And then I saw another orange one locally listed with a Vin number that was almost identical to mine except it was a GT. That one is supposed to be delivered here by November 5... And supposedly it's on the train in transit. I have a deposit and both but the first one in gets the deal, so chances are I'll get the V8 instead of the four.
Old 10/22/14, 04:53 PM
Bullitt Member

So I thought I had an order for months ago and an orange eco-boost loaded mustang... And it turns out that Ford screwed up and drop the order but I think it was a dealer that screwed up, but I was told that I had priority one on the build. Yesterday I visited the dealer and he said it should only be another eight weeks before I see the car!!! And then I saw another orange one locally listed with a Vin number that was almost identical to mine except it was a GT. That one is supposed to be delivered here by November 5... And supposedly it's on the train in transit. I have a deposit and both but the first one in gets the deal, so chances are I'll get the V8 instead of the four.
Sounds like a win in the end.
Old 10/23/14, 07:20 AM

I have a vin # the car has been built any way I can find out when it will be shipped.
Old 10/23/14, 08:10 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Dougxox
putting my vin in cotus and it comes back as not found, normal or am I doing something wrong?
Not sure, Dougxox. That site is always on and off. You’re still welcome to keep checking with me.

Originally Posted by Brigman
Thanks Deysha I'll watch the cotusb page although I would love to have mine, there are alot of mustangs lovers ahead of me.
You’re welcome, Brigman!

Nice! I can track them for you, Prefurbia. Just PM me with your dealer’s name and order number.

Originally Posted by bobasaid
I have a vin # the car has been built any way I can find out when it will be shipped.
I’m happy to help you with that, bobasaid. Please PM me with your VIN.

Deysha
Old 10/23/14, 08:15 AM
GT Member

i keep getting told my car was released on oct 17, yet others keep telling me(dealer, zone rep) that its on a plant hold still. not sure what is going on or if i should just buy one off the lot now. they have a comp orange with PP and 50 year appearance pkg due in this week. mine was deep impact blue with 50 year appearance and automatic. not sure what to do. if it was shipping, i would probably wait, but i dont know anymore.
Old 10/23/14, 08:43 AM
GT Member

My DIB GT shipped today!!
Old 10/23/14, 06:18 PM
GT Member

Any of these yours?

Name:  EDkHxhY.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  548.2 KB

Old 10/23/14, 06:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Woah, the 50 Annivs get a full shroud?! Pretty cool, builds mystery.
Old 10/23/14, 07:20 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Wow pretty cool!
Old 10/23/14, 08:57 PM
GT Member

thats awesome!
Old 10/23/14, 09:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by IndustryLeech
Woah, the 50 Annivs get a full shroud?! Pretty cool, builds mystery.
That is nice...

But audi and other mfg do that for ALL their cars...

Quick Reply: 2015 Ordered/Built/Delivered Thread