Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

windshield Condensation Issue

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/13, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
windshield Condensation Issue

Has anyone had an issue with condensation in 2 oval shaped spots on the inside of the windshield???. I notice it only at night. I just want to be sure this is not a major issue! The year of mine is 2012 , which I've only had for a few months.
Old 7/13/13, 11:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I totally noticed this very thing on my vehicle today. It was very hot and humid here today. I ran the AC of course and wondered if it was some moisture from the Evaporator some how coming up through the Defrost Vent? Will investigate as much as I can but would like to know the source as well.
Old 7/14/13, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by 14Glassback
I totally noticed this very thing on my vehicle today. It was very hot and humid here today. I ran the AC of course and wondered if it was some moisture from the Evaporator some how coming up through the Defrost Vent? Will investigate as much as I can but would like to know the source as well.
Apparently this happens to a lot of mustang owners! I think I'm going to stop into the dealership and ask them what's causing it.
Old 7/14/13, 04:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012V6STANG24

Apparently this happens to a lot of mustang owners! I think I'm going to stop into the dealership and ask them what's causing it.
Please do keep us posted. I've gone that route and wasn't able to find the cause. It may be the Engine heat, but those new hood vents on 13+ models don't seem to help in this regards.
Old 7/14/13, 07:31 PM

I've been putting a small detail towel in the middle of my dash covering the vents and it seems to help somewhat...but it depends on the temp and moisture in the air.
Old 7/16/13, 08:58 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012V6STANG24
Has anyone had an issue with condensation in 2 oval shaped spots on the inside of the windshield???. I notice it only at night. I just want to be sure this is not a major issue! The year of mine is 2012 , which I've only had for a few months.
Originally Posted by 14Glassback
Hey guys,

I recommend you bring your vehicles in to your Ford Dealer for diagnosis. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Old 7/16/13, 01:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the same issue when the outside air is heavy with humidity. I found it depends on how cold the a/c is set. I have even had it build on the outside....a swipe with the wipers one night surprised me that it disappeared. My dealer says it is normal in the newer car systems.....seems to be ok once the air has reached the set temps.
Old 7/16/13, 01:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AzPete
I have the same issue when the outside air is heavy with humidity. I found it depends on how cold the a/c is set. I have even had it build on the outside....a swipe with the wipers one night surprised me that it disappeared. My dealer says it is normal in the newer car systems.....seems to be ok once the air has reached the set temps.
I've also had a very annoying one on the outside at night. Was running my wipers on a beautiful night trying to see
Old 7/17/13, 08:50 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13

I've also had a very annoying one on the outside at night. Was running my wipers on a beautiful night trying to see
Haha i know what you mean, have had that happen as well
Old 7/17/13, 09:37 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Originally Posted by Kouks
Haha i know what you mean, have had that happen as well
You’re more than welcome to have your vehicles checked out at your Ford Dealers, guys. Then, PM me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, full name, and best daytime number so I escalate it if needed.

Deysha
Old 7/17/13, 11:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Happened only once since I've owned the car. Just make sure you switch to a different setting other than defrost before you turn the car off. I had the same issue on a 2001 Malibu.