Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Voiding Warranty Issues

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/13, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So HPDE, may be excluded...

I just want to learn to drive the car better at highway speeds. They don't educate you high speed emergency maneuvers or high speed handling anywhere else to my knowledge.
Old 7/22/13, 12:13 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Six7One
So HPDE, may be excluded...

I just want to learn to drive the car better at highway speeds. They don't educate you high speed emergency maneuvers or high speed handling anywhere else to my knowledge.
just go out to shiprock and find a nice dirt road and learn to drift. That's what I did
Old 7/22/13, 08:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
That's a matter of definition, Mikey.

When I ran autocross in my S2000 I had to register in a class. Theoretically, I was competing with other individuals to post the best time in the class.

My approach was simply to have fun and try to have each of my runs be better (faster time and fewer penalties) than the last. I didn't care where I placed in the class, so I was not racing according to my definition.

However, if I did the same thing in my Mustang and something failed, how would Ford view it?
I'd guess the jury might be still out on whether the local autocross class "Time Only" is competition. Improving your skills and enjoyment by competing against yourself can be just as hazardous to your warranty health as the same activity when you're signed up in a championship class, eh? The results are still posted in ranked order, faster at the top.