Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Another 2011 GT engine failure

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/11, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason I thought they were an authorized shop is because they do not sell cars there. But it does look like it should belong to a dealership.
Old 12/2/11, 08:26 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 609 Likes on 438 Posts
Somebody is blowing smoke up your **** at the stealership.

From your original post...

"I noticed the engine was revving with high RPMs showing, I pulled my foot from the gas pedal and the engine started working at normal RPMs. However, I noticed a weird noise coming from the engine all the way back home."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from that description it sounds as if you were driving normally along, but the engine was winding really high maintaining the speed you were traveling. Honestly, that sounds like a clutch slipping, or if its an auto, a torque converter not functioning properly.

As others have said, there is no way for oil to get into the fuel system unless put there, and even if it was poured in there, it wouldn't destroy the engine. And it **** sure wouldn't be revving up like that, if anything it would be lugging and struggling to run, along with billowing smoke from the exhaust if there was that much oil in the fuel.

Tell them to leave it alone, and have it towed to another dealer.
Old 12/2/11, 08:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Personally, I never take my new cars to a shop I have not at least researched a bit to know they are or are not a legitimate dealer.

By the way....got any pics of your car...always nice to see what others drive.
Old 12/2/11, 08:29 PM

Maybe it is because that people who are in desperate situations will try all available ways to find answers. Not all people who have Mustangs are members of this forum. I came here because I needed opinions and suggestions. I would assume that most other people in my situation would do the same.
Old 12/2/11, 08:31 PM
Cobra Member

.....and hopefully you have gotten some ideas from this posting and can be better educated when you talk with the dealership again......
Old 12/2/11, 08:34 PM

It has an automatic transmission. When that happened I had about 40 miles worth of fuel. I do not know exactly how engines work, but maybe if there was an even small amount of oil that leaked in to the fuel system it could contaminate it because of the low fuel level?

Last edited by Yigal6; 12/2/11 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12/2/11, 08:41 PM

I do enjoy all the feedback that I receive and it helps me understand my car better. I will definitely post a picture here soon. Just need to find some images without family members in it...
Old 12/2/11, 08:44 PM
Cobra Member

As said earlier.....oil cannot get into the fuel under normal circumstances. The service dept. needs to explain how that happened....and then prove it was not a warranty problem.
Old 12/2/11, 11:34 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The oil and fuel systems are never near each other and there are no gasket that could go bad to get oil in the gas. I want to know how they determined oil was in the gas. Because oil will break down in gas and be almost undetectable. Next time you go take a look at their "proof" and take pics of it and post it here. It's your car and they have to ago you the proof. I want to see this.
Old 12/2/11, 11:38 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Remember oil goes in the motor and gas goes in the fuel tank.

Sounds like somebody messed with your ride. Would like to see test results.

You don't mess with a mans car. That's bad mojo.
Old 12/3/11, 07:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm no where near convinced this guy is legit.

Specific Gravity of gasoline: 0.739

Specific Gravity of 5W20 blend engine oil: 0.84-0.86

Oil introduced into your tank by Casper the A-Hole Ghost would immediately sink to the bottom of the tank. You wouldn't be driving the car anywhere and it would smoke like a smoke generating tank from WWII before the "flame" in the engine was simply put out. No damage would be done to the engine.

Care to come up with a different story now?

OP, you'll just have to get over it. You are being VERY ambiguous with your information, you aren't being very proactive in attacking this situation like someone would if they really were as desperate to have their $30k+ car back and, I'm not even going to take the time to break down everything you've posted that makes me believe you are a troll.

If you actually have a problem and want some help from folks like myself who really know cars and many others here that are much more informed about this particular vehicle than I am, then you need to step up your game and get with it here. There IS NO WAY oil can get into your gas tank unless someone poured it in there. NONE. NADA. Even if someone poured a five gallon jug into your gas tank, it wouldn't blow the motor. It would be a very simple process of cleaning the tank, plugs and fuel lines. Time consuming, but not difficult.

Last edited by VTXFrank; 12/3/11 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12/3/11, 09:52 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by VTXFrank
I'm no where near convinced this guy is legit.

Specific Gravity of gasoline: 0.739

Specific Gravity of 5W20 blend engine oil: 0.84-0.86

Oil introduced into your tank by Casper the A-Hole Ghost would immediately sink to the bottom of the tank. You wouldn't be driving the car anywhere and it would smoke like a smoke generating tank from WWII before the "flame" in the engine was simply put out. No damage would be done to the engine.
Keep in mind gas will dilute the oil and it will mix. They will not stay separated. Making it even harder to detect oil in gas.
Old 12/3/11, 10:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by texastboneking
Keep in mind gas will dilute the oil and it will mix. They will not stay separated. Making it even harder to detect oil in gas.
I gotcha. But the only way this guy has oil in his gas tank is if someone poured it in there. It would sink to the the bottom. Not mix up at first. It would need to be mixed while driving. He would start his car, get about 200' and then smoke like mad. Then the engine would die depending on how much oil was put in there. But it certainly wouldn't cause engine damage.

So still, the OP is full of it and a troll IMHO.
Old 12/3/11, 10:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

So still, the OP is full of it and a troll IMHO.
I agree. 40 minutes from his 1st post and ford approved a new engine.....with a "don't let it happen again" reply from ford.
Old 12/5/11, 08:54 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Yigal6
Thank you Deysha.
The dealer just called and said that Ford agreed to replace the engine. However, they said if it happens again in the future, they will not cover it which makes me afraid driving it again...
Originally Posted by AzPete
Customer service can help even if not really needed.
Thank you for the update and the mention, guys!

Originally Posted by Yigal6
The place is called Bay Ridge Ford. They do not sell cars there but they are probably associated with one of our local dealerships here in Brooklyn. My wife took the there on Monday morning it started fine, and she drove there without any issues. It is very interesting that the car suddenly died while in the possession of the shop. I will send the VIN number to Deysha in hopes she can find out exactly what happened.
Yigal6, please send me the info I requested from you earlier so I can look into this for you.

Deysha
Old 12/5/11, 09:08 AM
Bullitt Member

the title of this thread alone is not helping him sound legitimate..... ANOTHER 2011 GT engine failure? this from someone who has never gone on a forum and admits he knows nothing about his car.....
Old 12/5/11, 11:36 AM

The VIN number sent to Deysha. Anyone who doubts my case can contact Deysha. I though that forums are for people who share their interests. This one is mostly used to attack others? 2012BLKV6 you do not need to go far to see similar problems - when I posted my message there was another thread with a "Catastrophic Engine Failure" title on the first page. If I wanted a faster car I could easily go and buy a faster Corvette. I would never even think of modifying it. 412 horses is plenty enough for me. I bought a Mustang because I like the car. But I'm sure that to most of the members here it will sound incomprehensible that someone who can afford a Corvette bought a Mustang? Even though it is a Mustang forum.

Last edited by Yigal6; 12/5/11 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12/5/11, 03:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

All were saying, or all I'm saying, is something doesn't jive. I can't think of anyone for the life of me who has the time or need to be a troll but this thread sounds like it. Ford is trying everything in it's power to not replace **** at their expense, and there replacing ur engine that quickly due to vandalism(and it must be vandalism because as sure as god made little green apples we know the oil and fuel can't mix). Also you have been sooooo vague with your description of the problem. Sorry but I call bs lol....I would like to hear a concrete reason from you on why ford is replacing it, or tell me you agenda behind starting this thread lol. Hmmmm I wondering if I pour some oil in mine if ford will warranty it and finally give me that aluminator I want......

New thread: MY 2011 GT ENGINE BLEW DUE TO FLAXSEED OIL IN FUEL, NOT 10LB OF BOOST FROM MY WHIPPLE AND FORD IS REPLACING IT WITH AN ALUMINATOR, ALL BECAUSE OF VANDALISM AND FORDS GOOD HEART...

Op really though I'm not trying to flame but usually when a thread of this nature is legit the op usually has something to bring to the table other than a lot of I don't knows and not sures.
Old 12/5/11, 03:45 PM

Ok, guys, this is my last post here. I feel like a broken record or as if I'm back in high-school. I feel tired of proving that I'm not an idiot. You can think whatever you wish if that makes you feel better. It seems that this forum is only allowed for positive posts and if you had a bad experience with a Ford product you are not allowed here. I want to thank everyone who chipped in and offered some great tips.
I'm a member of a few high-end watch forums, and in the last 5-6 years I remember no instance of someone who would blame a member for having an issue with a watch - most of them cost as much as an engine from a car or even more.
Thank you Deysha for your professionalism and quick responses. I hope to hear back from you soon.
Old 12/5/11, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

I gotcha. But the only way this guy has oil in his gas tank is if someone poured it in there. It would sink to the the bottom. Not mix up at first. It would need to be mixed while driving. He would start his car, get about 200' and then smoke like mad. Then the engine would die depending on how much oil was put in there. But it certainly wouldn't cause engine damage.
Had a fuel pump diaphragm go on a 200cid I6 once upon a time. The car hardly ran and had to be towed. For those that don't know old mechanical fuel pumps a small diaphragm separates the engine oil that lubricates the pump from the fuel. I was a teenager at the time and my dad had it towed to the local ford dealer. First mechanic declared the engine 'dead'. (a 200cid I6 with low miles, hardly possible) I suspected a fuel pump... but then they had an 'old timer' look at it who declared it to be a fuel pump. When we got the car back I knew that the 'old timer' didn't do the work and that the oil would be full of gasoline. I did an immediate oil change... and the oil reeked of gasoline, there was more fluid that came out than there should have been in there and there was no sign of separation.

Oh and of course the engine was perfectly fine after having run on fuel contaminated with oil.

The current 5.0 V8 isn't so insensitive as an old inline 6 but unlike older engines it can protect itself. Contamination of fuel with oil is highly unlikely do anything beyond making a mess to clean up. (which could probably be cleaned up by running fresh gasoline through most of the system)

If the OP's basic story is true (OP has a mustang and there is a problem with it) there has been misunderstanding along the way so we are getting a story that is wrong, someone misdiagnosed the car, or the dealership was lying.

Remember the OP doesn't know much about cars and often neither do the people who interface with the customers. Those are two steps where the story could get all screwed up. Then a third with the OP trying to tell it to us.

Quick Reply: Another 2011 GT engine failure