Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2013 GT service engine soon is flashing intermittently

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/13, 12:08 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang259
Update on my MISFIRE issue
Thanks to Deysha, my Regional Ford Service Rep called and also got in contact with my dealer...
Thank you for the mention, Mustang259. Glad to learn everything worked out for you.

Originally Posted by Bears Mom
Hi everyone! I just bought a 2013 Mustang GT premium and within the first few weeks started having the problems that everyone else has mentioned.
Thank you for the PM, Bears Mom. Please, send me another PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
We have in house Ford customer service reps here that can help if its still not resolved.
Originally Posted by kylerohde
Yep, there's really not much anybody on here can tell you to help solve this one. If you don't think your dealer is taking care of you, try another Ford dealer or get in contact with Andrea/Deysha of FordCustomerService on this forum so they can escalate it for you.
Thank you for the support, guys!

Deysha
Old 6/19/13, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andrea, Help! I'm having the same issue. the problem has occurred 3 times so far. Last night I was getting on the freeway (and playing with a Subaru ;-) when the light started blinking and I lost power...embarrassing! I let of the gas (at around 4K RPM in 5th gear), down shifted to 4th. light stopped blinking and got power back. I proceeded to drive conservatively (70 to 80 MPH in 6th gear). the Subaru long gone... I'll bring my car to the dealer and have printed these threads. This is getting a little frustrating and disappointing!
Old 6/20/13, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dahurtu
Andrea, Help! I'm having the same issue. the problem has occurred 3 times so far. Last night I was getting on the freeway (and playing with a Subaru ;-) when the light started blinking and I lost power...embarrassing! I let of the gas (at around 4K RPM in 5th gear), down shifted to 4th. light stopped blinking and got power back. I proceeded to drive conservatively (70 to 80 MPH in 6th gear). the Subaru long gone... I'll bring my car to the dealer and have printed these threads. This is getting a little frustrating and disappointing!
Hello Dahurtu,

Please make an appointment with your Ford dealer for diagnosis as soon as possible. Then, PM me with your VIN, full name, mileage, dealer, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Old 7/24/13, 06:16 AM

hi, im from Argentina i have a 2011 5.0 premium GT. I have the same problem that you have, the problem is in argentina Ford doesn`t sell the Mustang, so they don`t know how to fix this problem. Deysha do you know if every ford car`s ECU are scan with the same ford computer? if that`s right, can i get the file that must be use to update the ECU?

thx!
Old 7/24/13, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by emifual
hi, im from Argentina i have a 2011 5.0 premium GT. I have the same problem that you have, the problem is in argentina Ford doesn`t sell the Mustang, so they don`t know how to fix this problem. Deysha do you know if every ford car`s ECU are scan with the same ford computer? if that`s right, can i get the file that must be use to update the ECU?

thx!
Hello emifual,

Welcome to the forum! This is not something I can provide for you. You should speak with your Service Manager to see if they can speak with their contacts and try to get this info and possibly tools that may be needed. You can also sign up at www.motorcraftservice.com to get shop manuals, TSB info, etc. I hope this helps.

Deysha
Old 7/26/13, 06:52 AM

i went yesterday to a ford service. they update the ECU but the problem is still there they put the newest version that is online.

The problem is on 3600rpm the spark and fuel cuts out on cylinder #3 and #5. just when i stay the throttle at this rpm. its the same problem that other users have?

thx!
Old 8/14/13, 08:57 AM

Ever since I have been putting premium unleaded (91 or 93) in the car, I have not had the problem. Perhaps just a coincidence?