Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Upcoming Audio Build - Detailed w/Pics and Data

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/13, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fatalgrace
Wondering if I could pick your brain with some issues.

I had the DNN990 recently installed into 2014 Ford Mustang w Shaker1000:
DNN990HD
Metra Dash Kit
iDatalink Maestro RR

Whenever the unit is on, I experience a serious "hissing" noise. Its still present when using SiriusXM and HD Radio. Any fixes for this? I was told that the Maestro or the HU is "amplifying the silence" by the installer.

Further, the iPhone never links up w the wifi automatically and neither the email nor Facebook functions work.

I am not anything close to an expert as far as installing or modifying the equipment, but i could probably figure out a software fix.

Have you experienced any of these issues?

Thanks so much ahead of time for any help!
I had the same problem!!! To fix it I used the RCA output of the stereo into the maestro interface instead of using the speaker wires. This will fix your issue!
Old 6/26/14, 09:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jrdejavux
I had the same problem!!! To fix it I used the RCA output of the stereo into the maestro interface instead of using the speaker wires. This will fix your issue!
I was just going to post that option.

I know this thread is pretty old but I'm hoping to do some audio upgrades as well. Has anyone tried upgrading to better speakers but just running off the factory amp? I was thinking just Kenwood/Maestro setup and then adding better speakers up front and a sub.

Great info by the way!