Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Adding the OEM nav

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/15, 03:07 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I ran through all the plugs and everything seems to be plugged in except for that one I mentioned already. I matched everything on the old harness to the new one and they are all plugged in so if something wasn't working, it shouldn't be the heated seats. I'm debating whether or not I should just try taking it into the dealership and letting them figure it out. Although the only Ford dealerships around me look like their garages are an afterthought and they really just sell cars.
Old 5/9/15, 03:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
I will look later to see if that plug in my car is connected. I don't think that is it, but who knows.
Old 5/9/15, 05:41 PM
V6 Member

Had a thought and tried it out. Took my previous HVAC module and hooked it up to the Grey connector. The heated seat light illuminated and I heard the relay click. Turned it off, unplugged, plugged it into my new dual one. Pressed button and nothing. Guessing it is the HVAC module then? Guess I'll need another one of those. Of course one of the things I bought new ends up not working...
Old 5/9/15, 06:28 PM

Does anyone have the update discs for the nav. im runnin the 2.0 version and i saw that 7.0 is available now......
Old 5/9/15, 06:45 PM
V6 Member

I believe they are tied to the VIN and can't be reused so the odds of finding a used one is low. Looking into it, it seems that 5.0x is the latest available for the 13-14 models. Has anyone tried the 7.0x update on one of those? Also, based on past releases, it seems like they will be coming out with 8.0x in the next couple of months.
Old 5/9/15, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by forceflow2
I believe they are tied to the VIN and can't be reused so the odds of finding a used one is low. Looking into it, it seems that 5.0x is the latest available for the 13-14 models. Has anyone tried the 7.0x update on one of those? Also, based on past releases, it seems like they will be coming out with 8.0x in the next couple of months.
Speaking of VINs how does that workout now. The car has one VIN and the Nav unit has another. is there a way to integrate them?
Old 5/9/15, 08:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Marine8d
Speaking of VINs how does that workout now. The car has one VIN and the Nav unit has another. is there a way to integrate them?
No it's not tied to the vin. There is an Application Number in the ACM that is needed for the license key for the Nav map update. My ACM showed my vin in the display after the swap. 4dtech can program your Vin in the ACM if wanted.

LEXiiON
Old 5/10/15, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by LEXiiON
No it's not tied to the vin. There is an Application Number in the ACM that is needed for the license key for the Nav map update. My ACM showed my vin in the display after the swap. 4dtech can program your Vin in the ACM if wanted.

LEXiiON
Yeah I saw that on Ford.com I checked out 4DTech its a little steep 124.99 just to show my VIN on the ACM. are there any downfalls for not doing it?
Old 5/11/15, 08:02 AM

Had a thought and tried it out. Took my previous HVAC module and hooked it up to the Grey connector. The heated seat light illuminated and I heard the relay click. Turned it off, unplugged, plugged it into my new dual one. Pressed button and nothing. Guessing it is the HVAC module then? Guess I'll need another one of those. Of course one of the things I bought new ends up not working...
Hi, what part number is your HVAC module? There are two HVAC modules for the automatic climate control, one with heated seats and one without.
Old 5/11/15, 12:41 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by trysavy
Hi, what part number is your HVAC module? There are two HVAC modules for the automatic climate control, one with heated seats and one without.
I ordered a CR3Z19980B. The box it came in technically has a sticker of AR3Z-19981-B or something (not in front of me at the moment), but they marked it out and wrote the CR3Z19980B tag on it. It was the dual zone module when I opened it, so I didn't think much of it. I'll have to check the box when I get home.
Old 5/12/15, 03:00 AM

Hey guys I'm planning on doing this my buddy just totalled his 13-14 gt not sure what year but I plan on getting all the parts from it. No one was injured and he just upgraded to a 2014 gt500 so I don't think he's complaining but I had a couple questions so his gt did not have heated seats but mine does so does that mean I need new buttons and a dash harness or can I use his dash harness and just get the buttons? Also will this effect my rear sensors or does that have nothing to do with it? I have a 2013 gt our cars were very similar for the most part both manual his jus didn't have the comfort package or whatever it is with the heated seats and pony side lamps and mine does not have a rear camera just the sensors
Old 5/12/15, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Hungry Coyote
Hey guys I'm planning on doing this my buddy just totalled his 13-14 gt not sure what year but I plan on getting all the parts from it. No one was injured and he just upgraded to a 2014 gt500 so I don't think he's complaining but I had a couple questions so his gt did not have heated seats but mine does so does that mean I need new buttons and a dash harness or can I use his dash harness and just get the buttons? Also will this effect my rear sensors or does that have nothing to do with it? I have a 2013 gt our cars were very similar for the most part both manual his jus didn't have the comfort package or whatever it is with the heated seats and pony side lamps and mine does not have a rear camera just the sensors
You will need a new harness regardless (if your Stang did not come with the Nav option). You should be able to use his harness but you will need a bezzle that supports heated seats. (not as simple as just adding new buttons.
Old 5/12/15, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Marine8d
You will need a new harness regardless (if your Stang did not come with the Nav option). You should be able to use his harness but you will need a bezzle that supports heated seats. (not as simple as just adding new buttons.
I meant can i uses his harness or would i have to buy a new harness that is made for heated seats?
Old 5/12/15, 06:44 PM

Does anyone know what connects to this receiver? It is behind the amp in the driver's footwell. I don't seem to have anything that plugs into it and can't remember if there was anything in there before.
I just pulled my kick panel and there is nothing plugged into this connector. I haven't started my Nav dash harness swap yet but there is nothing plugged into it now.
Old 5/12/15, 07:11 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by trysavy
I just pulled my kick panel and there is nothing plugged into this connector. I haven't started my Nav dash harness swap yet but there is nothing plugged into it now.
Thanks. No clue what that's for then. Oh, and I checked my box, it was labeled as a AR3Z-19980-B, but it was relabeled as a CR3Z-19980-B. Guess Tasca ran out of boxes or something. I'm just going to order a replacement when I see it on ebay without a Core charge or something like that. There's no way I'm going to throw an extra $50 on top of the price just for the heated seats. There is zero purpose to having a core charge on these things.
Old 5/12/15, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Hungry Coyote
I meant can i uses his harness or would i have to buy a new harness that is made for heated seats?
Name:  sNPDXmE.png
Views: 33
Size:  96.5 KB

You should be able to use his. I think all you would have to do is add these two wires between the HVAC module C294A and C260. You will have to get the control panel with the heated seat buttons as mentioned before and maybe an HVAC module for heated seats. Can anyone confirm if an HVAC module without heated seats will control the heated seats?
Old 5/12/15, 10:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
I can confirm that there are 4 climate modules (called heater control). 2 for manual - one with heated seats and one without. And 2 for auto dual zone - again, one with heated seat and one without. The part number that ends with B
'B' is the one that is for heated seats.

http://parts.autonationfordwhitebear...ater%20control

If you bought it new and it does not work, you can't exchange it?
Old 5/12/15, 10:47 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jim010
I can confirm that there are 4 climate modules (called heater control). 2 for manual - one with heated seats and one without. And 2 for auto dual zone - again, one with heated seat and one without. The part number that ends with B

Bought it when I was originally planning on doing this, before LKQ sent me the wrong part and sold the item I paid for to someone else. That was 5 months ago. So...no, they aren't going to take it back now.
Old 5/13/15, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by jim010

If have this one available for sale. If it fits, let me know, we can make a quick deal.
LEXiiON
Attached Thumbnails Adding the OEM nav-2015-04-20-20.31.45.jpg  
Old 5/15/15, 04:54 PM

Odd question. I ordered the steering wheel controls (AR3Z9C888FA) and it doesn't have the "OK" button like my stock unit does. Is that to be expected????
Attached Thumbnails Adding the OEM nav-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Adding the OEM nav