Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Steeda Tunes?

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/16, 07:23 PM
GT Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by EF1
I have run both the 87 and 93 octane tunes with then Steeda CAI without issue. They both run good, with the 93 tune pulling harder. I have a manual transmission car, so there is no shifting. Are you running the CAI or just the tunes?
I have the drop in k & n filter with their tube. So idk if that makes a difference. I have an automatic car so idk if that makes a difference
Old 12/6/16, 07:26 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
The tunes are different for the manual and automatics. In addition, they have different tunes for their CAI and the stock airbbox. You may not have the correct use for your setup. They should be able to tell once they review the data log.
Old 12/6/16, 07:28 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by EF1
The tunes are different for the manual and automatics. In addition, they have different tunes for their CAI and the stock airbbox. You may not have the correct use for your setup. They should be able to tell once they review the data log.
who knows lol. But we shall see if I ever get the data log. I emailed Matt, called him and nothing. TJ was the only one to contact me. I even left Matt a voicemail and email. To me that is terrible customer service. Most likely I won't be buying anything else from them. Or worrying about a revised tune. I'll just go to someone locally. That's just my opinion
Old 12/6/16, 07:31 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

You are having a very different customer experience that I have had with Steeda. They have been very helpful and responsive. That is why I have several of their products on my car. I would send TJ a message and explain the situation. He should be able to get things moving.
Old 12/6/16, 07:37 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by EF1
You are having a very different customer experience that I have had with Steeda. They have been very helpful and responsive. That is why I have several of their products on my car. I would send TJ a message and explain the situation. He should be able to get things moving.
yea idk what is going on. When I called to speak to Matt, I spoke to some guy and he said I will tell Matt you called and also leave a voicemail for him and I heard nothing. That was over a month ago. I stopped bothering with him. I already have sent TJ a message. He was the one making sure everything was ok. He can only do so much. It's on these other people, but idk we shall see. I hope it's not because I'm a girl but you never know
Old 12/6/16, 07:42 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Being a girl shouldn't make a difference. You drive a Mustang, which is their primary business. Tj should be able to get this worked out.
Old 12/6/16, 07:43 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by EF1
Being a girl shouldn't make a difference. You drive a Mustang, which is their primary business. Tj should be able to get this worked out.
yea I know. I appreciate TJ though because he is helping me out the best he can!! I'll just have to wait and see
Old 12/6/16, 07:46 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Let us know how it turns out.
Old 12/6/16, 07:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by EF1
will do!!!
Old 12/6/16, 08:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Last I heard & checked - the tune was with James & he was looking it over to see what he can diagnose - I will double back with him & see if I can get this all resolved.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 12/7/16, 09:14 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by EF1
So Matt finally emailed me today and asked me to take a pic of the stock air box bc that could be the problem. I did put what I had on the car on the form they had me fill out smh. Well hopefully this is the problem and they get the tune revised.
Old 12/8/16, 05:51 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

It is good that they are looking at it. Hopefully they get it figured out quickly.
Old 12/9/16, 05:55 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by EF1
It is good that they are looking at it. Hopefully they get it figured out quickly.
yea it just took a few months smh. Oh well hopefully they have the tunes by early next week because I know it's not good for my car to shake like that.
Old 12/16/16, 04:36 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Did they get your tune straightened out?
Old 12/16/16, 04:37 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by EF1
Did they get your tune straightened out?
They want me to put the stock air box on and do a data log with a stock tune and their tune smdh. I don't have time really to do this!! They said the fuel trim was off. I just don't understand why they just can't fix the tune with the air filter that is on
Old 12/16/16, 05:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by renee29581
They want me to put the stock air box on and do a data log with a stock tune and their tune smdh. I don't have time really to do this!! They said the fuel trim was off. I just don't understand why they just can't fix the tune with the air filter that is on
Putting the stock air filter back on is a minor process & little time - I am sure once you do it, you will see the difference & how the Steeda tune is supposed to work.

There are a few CAIs out there that change the mass air transfer function & hence, some of the issues you are experiencing.

Unfortunately, you never know how it will react WITH a tune until you try it.

This is one more step in the process - you have come this far & you have an audience ... we are so close!

TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 12/16/16 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12/16/16, 05:35 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Putting the stock air filter back on is a minor process & little time - I am sure once you do it, you will see the difference & how the Steeda tune is supposed to work.

There are a few CAIs out there that that change the mass air transfer function & hence, some of the issues you are experiencing.

Unfortunately you never know how it will react WITH a tune until you try it.

This is one more step in the process - you have come this far & you have an audience ... we are so close!

TJ
yea but now I'm out of 180 bucks if they don't fix the tune to work with it. That k&n filter and tube cost me that much. I'm not made out of money lol I'm in nursing school. I can't just throw money away
Old 12/16/16, 05:40 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Hey Rene, I'm an engineer and I work in the auto industry on controls software. I think Steeda's request makes a lot of sense. Here is why.

Every engine control unit does some adaptive optimization of vital parameters, like spark advance, air fuel ratio, timing etc. The original software programmed into the engine has a nominal range to all those parameters. Let's say that the factory setting for parameter X is 25 to 50 degrees, with most mustangs running ~35 degrees nominal on average. There are going to be outlines out there, meaning a few Mustangs will run 26 while a few others are running at 49. This can be due to worst case tolerance stack ups, manufacturing deviations, or things being assembles or calibrated just a little off center.

So to me it sounds like your car is one of the ones operating closer to the lower or upper bound. Steeda's tune counts on your car being closer to the nominal value, but it simply is not.

So instead of taking a guess (which is what they would have to do without real data) they are asking you to go back to stock and datalog. This way they can make an educated decision which way to go with their parameter settings. Closer to 25 or closer to 50 in my example. That's what I would do as well. Engineers NEED data.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 12/16/16 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12/16/16, 05:44 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

If it runs anything like mine with the Steeda CAI and Tune it will be worth it.
Old 12/16/16, 05:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

yea but now I'm out of 180 bucks if they don't fix the tune to work with it. That k&n filter and tube cost me that much. I'm not made out of money lol I'm in nursing school. I can't just throw money away
Think of it this way ... if the tune is that good with the stock air box, you may not want to go back to the K & N - another member may want it, putting you in the green.

Trust me, I understand the amount of money you have invested thus far & time spent going through the process - I just want to see this through & take that final step!.

TJ

Quick Reply: Steeda Tunes?