The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   5.0L GT Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f800/)
-   -   Steeda Tunes? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f800/steeda-tunes-541315/)

tourer 5/3/16 06:41 AM

Steeda Tunes?

I've just purchased an SCT X4 Tuner from Steeda with their Lifetime Tunes program. What are your thoughts on Steeda Tunes?

tj@steeda 5/3/16 10:41 AM

I am biased ... but you will not find a better tune with the trio of safety, reliability & power!

We have a tremendous track record when it comes to tuning & that is not by accident ... we have some of the best tuners in the game & know these engines inside & out.

You will be very happy with your investment & the safety & reliability is huge for peace of mind!

Best Regards,

TJ

DJ2014 5/3/16 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by tourer (Post 6979737)
I've just purchased an SCT X4 Tuner from Steeda with their Lifetime Tunes program. What are your thoughts on Steeda Tunes?

I have a V6 with Steeda lifetime tunes and it really woke up the car. Whenever I needed a revision to a tune, I filled out the online form and within a couple of days I had it.

Glenn 5/3/16 11:29 AM

Steeda = Pretty Awesome stuff -->

What mods do you have currently and what mods do you have planed?

tourer 5/3/16 12:23 PM

Steeda CAI, Boss 302 Manifold, the SCT X4 Tuner, Steeda 3.5 One Piece aluminum drive shaft, Frame rail and Torque box brace, X brace behind rear seat, Steeda front strut tower brace, BBK X pipe, Roush axle backs.

GJK 5/3/16 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by tj@steeda (Post 6979779)
I am biased ... but you will not find a better tune with the trio of safety, reliability & power!

We have a tremendous track record when it comes to tuning & that is not by accident ... we have some of the best tuners in the game & know these engines inside & out.

You will be very happy with your investment & the safety & reliability is huge for peace of mind!

Best Regards,

TJ

Great tuners are helpful but if the customer service doesn't get the tuners to help you, the customer still loses.

tj@steeda 5/3/16 06:44 PM

Great tuners are helpful but if the customer service doesn't get the tuners to help you, the customer still loses.
Did you have an issue with our tuning dept?

Best Regards,

TJ

GJK 5/3/16 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by tj@steeda (Post 6979840)
Did you have an issue with our tuning dept?

Best Regards,

TJ

Yes I had huge issues but the moderator isn't allowing any posts about it. PM me if you are truly interested.

Glenn 5/4/16 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by GJK (Post 6979844)
Yes I had huge issues but the moderator isn't allowing any posts about it. PM me if you are truly interested.

well I hope you tried contacting Steeda before you do the internet freak out thing :)

GJK 5/5/16 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 6979910)
well I hope you tried contacting Steeda before you do the internet freak out thing :)

Yes there have been at least a dozen emails and calls between Steeda and myself. I am not the type to blow up the internet without trying very hard to handle my issues privately. Unfortunately every communication was dealt with by the same person so I was never able to go over his head.

It is important to note that TJ has already PMed me to look into my issue. I am hopeful this will be the nudge to rectify the issues. Thanks again TJ.

Rog13GTCS 5/5/16 06:10 PM

Sorry about your experience with them. This should be the exception with Steeda. I have purchased several things from them over the years and they have been great. I've only had to deal with CS once, and they called me pro-actively to tell me that there would be a problem with my order, and it was taken care of promptly. Good luck.

Glenn 5/5/16 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by tourer (Post 6979799)
Steeda CAI, Boss 302 Manifold, the SCT X4 Tuner, Steeda 3.5 One Piece aluminum drive shaft, Frame rail and Torque box brace, X brace behind rear seat, Steeda front strut tower brace, BBK X pipe, Roush axle backs.

nice! Did you do the intake and the manifold at the same time? Just wondering if you feel the boss manifold is worth the cash.

GJK 5/5/16 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS (Post 6980208)
Sorry about your experience with them. This should be the exception with Steeda. I have purchased several things from them over the years and they have been great. I've only had to deal with CS once, and they called me pro-actively to tell me that there would be a problem with my order, and it was taken care of promptly. Good luck.

I hope this works. TJ has all of my email communications now as I had saved them. He needs a few days to go over every to see what can and should be done.

On another front, I finally got hold of one of the admins and he is working to see why my posts keep getting blocked. I was starting to get conspiracy theories going here.😕 So far he must manually check for my posts and push them through.

tourer 5/6/16 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 6980216)
nice! Did you do the intake and the manifold at the same time? Just wondering if you feel the boss manifold is worth the cash.

Haven't had a chance to install yet, Work and Life keep getting in the way but I hope to have it done soon.

ZeeGT 5/27/16 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by tourer (Post 6979737)

I've had their tune since December of last year and so far, everything's great. My only gripe is low MPG but I'm pretty sure that issue is a result of a lead foot and an affinity to the exhaust rumble on a V8. :dunno:

BLK STANG 5/30/16 01:22 PM

I run my steeda 93 tune as well as my AED tune and the steeda tune is great. similar top end power to the AED believe it or not and its very smooth.

tj@steeda 5/30/16 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by BLK STANG (Post 6983663)
I run my steeda 93 tune as well as my AED tune and the steeda tune is great. similar top end power to the AED believe it or not and its very smooth.

:salute:

TJ

tourer 5/31/16 07:53 AM

My Steeda 93 Octane tune is running AWESOME!

tj@steeda 5/31/16 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by tourer (Post 6983767)
My Steeda 93 Octane tune is running AWESOME!

Keep em coming!!

Makes my job easier :)

TJ

gjeff 6/2/16 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been enrolled in the Steeda Tunes for life since April of last year. Since then Steeda has provided multiple tunes as my mods have changed. First I added Cat-Deletes, then converted to a new CAI with an Accufab throttle body; finally last week the Boss manifold. I have communicated primarily with Matt from Steeda and he has been quick to respond if he has further questions about my modification before providing a revised tune. I could not be happier with their customer service or the results their tunes have performed on my car.