Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Just got my 2013 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 8/25/13, 07:59 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Majority of the threads here on TMS are brutal. Lol. That's what makes it awesome. Lmao. I love it, bring it on! Some people are giant D bags and TMS thugs.
I agree with your last statement especially. The Forum May not except the verbiage that I would be using to reply to the said D bags and such. LOL. A misinformed mistake will get you killed (in a verbal sense); hope it at least comes with some informative education

Need to start Thread that says "Mustang for Dummy's; Only nice responses" LOL.

Enough said on my part Kono.

Last edited by pcanno167; 8/25/13 at 08:07 AM.
Old 8/25/13, 08:47 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pcanno167

I agree with your last statement especially. The Forum May not except the verbiage that I would be using to reply to the said D bags and such. LOL. A misinformed mistake will get you killed (in a verbal sense); hope it at least comes with some informative education

Need to start Thread that says "Mustang for Dummy's; Only nice responses" LOL.

Enough said on my part Kono.
Well , funny because I actually removed that last part but must of been after you quoted me. Lmao. Hey, its brutal here but I love it.
Old 8/25/13, 09:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DeepImpactPony
Im running a 93 octane tune from :
http://tuningbyjames.com/
Great numbers and times, automatic right?
Old 8/28/13, 11:03 PM
V6 Member

If you research performance tunes and bolt on mods, there really are no found engine or transmission stories about it being destroyed. I could see issues and damage caused with Nitrous, turbo or superchargers to parts of engines and transmissions but bolt ons are highly safe. The # 8 issue is a thing of the past and no longer an issue.
It helps when you are on more then one Mustang forum. Most people that have issues from an aftermarket tune with an engine and/or trans do not post about it online in hopes that the Ford reps that frequent these websites do not catch wind of it, in hopes that the repairs will "slip through under warranty".

It also helps to work in dealerships where #8 and aftermarket tunes go hand-in-hand... the #8 cyl is not a thing of the past.... just sayin.

Also, hit the streets once in a while, I grantee if you pull into a parking lot full of MT82 equipped Mustang's that more then half of them will say they have either had their trans replaced once already or are currently having issues with their MT82 right now. That is a tough cookie to eat since MT82's are not what you would call "cheap" when their warranty is voided from a aftermarket tune.

Link to Bama tune causing engine failure: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3907...al_comments=40

Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss
I've installed an Airaid CAI and in the near future will hookup with AM to acquire a Bama tune
Bama tunes have caused #8 issues and they do not honor all of the #8 claims they get submitted, just a heads up.

Link to Bama tune causing engine failure: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3907...al_comments=40
Old 8/29/13, 08:44 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ that's scaryyyy
Old 8/29/13, 03:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by KC Henry

It helps when you are on more then one Mustang forum. Most people that have issues from an aftermarket tune with an engine and/or trans do not post about it online in hopes that the Ford reps that frequent these websites do not catch wind of it, in hopes that the repairs will "slip through under warranty".

It also helps to work in dealerships where #8 and aftermarket tunes go hand-in-hand... the #8 cyl is not a thing of the past.... just sayin.

Also, hit the streets once in a while, I grantee if you pull into a parking lot full of MT82 equipped Mustang's that more then half of them will say they have either had their trans replaced once already or are currently having issues with their MT82 right now. That is a tough cookie to eat since MT82's are not what you would call "cheap" when their warranty is voided from a aftermarket tune.

Bama tunes have caused #8 issues and they do not honor all of the #8 claims they get submitted, just a heads up.

I read the whole facebook post to the link you supplied. Where did it say that the issues are still going on today to an actual #8 engine failure. There was one dude Edwin who was making claims. One person. One person claimed 10% may be covered. One person who claims. Here was there comment. Where did the dude get the 10 % chance number from. Is there an actual study done to show only 10% #8 failures get fixed by AM . Who said its 10% besides this one writer.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130829_172418.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  19.0 KB

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 8/29/13 at 03:27 PM.
Old 8/29/13, 03:34 PM
V6 Member

I read the whole facebook posts to the link you supplied. Where did it say that the issues are still going on today to an actual #8 engine failure. There was one dude Edwin who was making claims. One person. One person claimed 10% may be covered. One person who claims. Here was there comment. Where did the dude get the 10 % chance number from. Is that an actual study done? Who said its 10% besides this one writer.
How about this, why not hear it straight from the horses mouth, try calling American Muscle directly and ask them flat out if 100% of the submitted #8 claims are covered by the Bama tune. They will tell you no.

Also, as I stated previously, most people that have issues from an aftermarket tune with an engine and/or trans do not post about it online in hopes that the Ford reps that frequent these websites do not catch wind of it, in hopes that the repairs will "slip through under warranty".

It also helps to work in dealerships where #8 and aftermarket tunes go hand-in-hand... the #8 cyl is not a thing of the past.
Old 8/29/13, 04:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

How about this, why not hear it straight from the horses mouth, try calling American Muscle directly and ask them flat out if 100% of the submitted #8 claims are covered by the Bama tune. They will tell you no.

Also, as I stated previously, most people that have issues from an aftermarket tune with an engine and/or trans do not post about it online in hopes that the Ford reps that frequent these websites do not catch wind of it, in hopes that the repairs will "slip through under warranty".

It also helps to work in dealerships where #8 and aftermarket tunes go hand-in-hand... the #8 cyl is not a thing of the past.
The dealerships can tell if the car has been tuned so not saying anything to avoid a Ford rep knowing is a silly excuse your coming up with. Desha doesn't know who I am. I could post whatever and the ford forum rep doesn't no who I am. If all these 11 and 12 owners # 8 engines issues were solely caused by tuners, we would hear about them currently.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 8/29/13 at 04:28 PM.
Old 8/30/13, 08:44 AM
V6 Member

The dealerships can tell if the car has been tuned so not saying anything to avoid a Ford rep knowing is a silly excuse your coming up with. Desha doesn't know who I am. I could post whatever and the ford forum rep doesn't no who I am. If all these 11 and 12 owners # 8 engines issues were solely caused by tuners, we would hear about them currently.
Let's just say there is a reason why Ford released this TSB:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/2011-mustang-gt-tech/133682d1309719222-2011-2012-mod-your-own-risk-per-fomoco-tsb-11-07-07-tsb11-07-07-1-.pdf
Old 8/30/13, 09:30 AM
GT Member

Sorry. I meant that for one quick stang. He said he paid 2300 for warranty .
I don't remember the years but its up to 76,000 miles
Old 8/30/13, 01:16 PM
GT Member

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...1-07-07-1-.pdf
That's good info KC Henry. I noticed that they did not mention shifters which should not be an issue any way. From the report and looks of those pictures, I won't be adding tuners or air filters to my Stang any time soon.
Old 8/30/13, 01:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...1-07-07-1-.pdf
That tsb just means if you have a tune, don't even ask us. I don't see how it has a bearing on #8 failures. I hope you are right that there are a lot of #8 failures. It would mean that humans have finally learned to keep a secret. I haven't met a person that won't complain if their 40000 investment blew up. I don't know why anyone would own a mustang. They just keep blowing up engines. I'm being sarcastic of course. It just seems like there are those on these sites that don't look to inform but to create hysteria.
Old 8/30/13, 02:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V

That tsb just means if you have a tune, don't even ask us. I don't see how it has a bearing on #8 failures. I hope you are right that there are a lot of #8 failures. It would mean that humans have finally learned to keep a secret. I haven't met a person that won't complain if their 40000 investment blew up. I don't know why anyone would own a mustang. They just keep blowing up engines. I'm being sarcastic of course. It just seems like there are those on these sites that don't look to inform but to create hysteria.
That's what I have been saying! Look , the sky is falling
Old 8/31/13, 10:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
How much could you sell your #8 failure engine for? Could always upgrade to a crazy strong aftermarket coyote block....
Old 9/11/13, 11:59 PM
GT Member

So far I've done a heart throb muffler delete and SR performance strut bar. I found on American muscle's website that the bbk CAI and 90mm throttle body do not require a tune. Also plan on doing accel coil on plugs and a short throw shifter (this may sound stupid but the short throw won't require a tune right?) after that I need to save up for a set of Mickey Thompson rims to put bigger tires on (these 235's are killing me), then once I save up (again haha) a good set of coil overs and other suspension upgrades to really hug the road. Also plan on doing the boss-style h pipe. None of that requires a tune, I need to look into it a little more to be sure all together won't muck anything up, but rough calculations I should be at about 410 rwhp after all that.
Attached Thumbnails Just got my 2013 5.0-image-4219969539.jpg  
Old 9/12/13, 05:57 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by onequickstang
So far I've done a heart throb muffler delete and SR performance strut bar. I found on American muscle's website that the bbk CAI and 90mm throttle body do not require a tune. Also plan on doing accel coil on plugs and a short throw shifter (this may sound stupid but the short throw won't require a tune right?) after that I need to save up for a set of Mickey Thompson rims to put bigger tires on (these 235's are killing me), then once I save up (again haha) a good set of coil overs and other suspension upgrades to really hug the road. Also plan on doing the boss-style h pipe. None of that requires a tune, I need to look into it a little more to be sure all together won't muck anything up, but rough calculations I should be at about 410 rwhp after all that.
In order to take advantage of mods that improve flow (wheather it be intake and/or exhaust improvements), a tune is the only way to truly unlock the full potential of the additional flow you are adding.
Old 9/12/13, 09:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

why the accel coil on plugs? Really, how much better could they be than the stock ones???
Old 9/12/13, 03:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
why the accel coil on plugs? Really, how much better could they be than the stock ones???
They aren't any better. Just a waste of money.
Old 9/12/13, 04:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

lol, that's what I figured
Old 9/12/13, 09:42 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Actually the video on the accel coil on plugs on americanmuscle.com say its about a 15 hp 15 tq gain

Quick Reply: Just got my 2013 5.0