Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Just got my 2013 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 8/13/13, 03:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Both would actually be a waste of money on a stock or even slightly modified car.
Originally Posted by onequickstang
What do you mean?
Both the throttle body and CAI are a waste of money.
Originally Posted by KC Henry
I happen to work in a "stealership" and I can tell you first hand that Modding your car WILL void the warranty should you have any issues and they get the chance to "pass the buck".
Not according to these guys. They tell me I'm full of it.
http://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-...e-results.html
Old 8/13/13, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thebms
Solid numbers. What tune are you running?
Im running a 93 octane tune from :
http://tuningbyjames.com/
Old 8/13/13, 03:42 PM
Temporary Vacation

Tossing out the factory warranty I flat out stupid. Wtf

Originally Posted by 2012GT
Who keeps a mustang stock and worries about warranties? In my experience, Very few people do other than women and old guys (and I'm an old guy Lol). If I was worried about warranties, longevity and keeping a car stock, It would be a V6 accord coupe or Maxima. Both are very nice cars in stock form. I'm of the belief that mustangs are meant to be modded. Tunes are very safe now and are not an automatic warranty void. Everyone is different though and need to respect both mindsets I guess.
Old 8/13/13, 04:01 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Not according to these guys. They tell me I'm full of it.
http://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-...e-results.html
I can tell you from working in Stealerships most of my life that should you have any premature failures that cost in excess of $1,000 or more, that if they can find an excuse to blame something on a modded part, they will.
Old 8/14/13, 01:35 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by DeepImpactPony
Aftermarket CAI's are a cosmetic add on, don't get sucked into the hype that it adds power , the stock CAI, is more than adequate for making power. Here are my dyno results with the only mods being a 93 octane tune, and GT500 axleback, which btw adds sound but nothing for HP. I also included best ET on street tires with stock 3.15 gears
Wow. My only problem is a tune would void the warranty. I ordered a set of hearthrob muffler deletes already ill have those on friday
Old 8/14/13, 01:36 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Victory-rc
I just picked up a white 2013 GT also, I love it! My understanding on the open air cleaner elements is not to do it ,as can clearly be seen,the hood vents let water pour into the air inlet / mass air meter. Causing a dead engine.
Like others are saying,I wouldn't do anything to void the warranty.
I haven't looked yet,but maybe ford Motorsport has a supercharger that won't void the warranty. But again,I didn't look yet.
I work at the ford in my city my service manager is checking the warranty for me and seeing if ford racing parts would be covered under my warranty if I have the dealership install them
Old 8/14/13, 01:37 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012GT

Who keeps a mustang stock and worries about warranties? In my experience, Very few people do other than women and old guys (and I'm an old guy Lol). If I was worried about warranties, longevity and keeping a car stock, It would be a V6 accord coupe or Maxima. Both are very nice cars in stock form. I'm of the belief that mustangs are meant to be modded. Tunes are very safe now and are not an automatic warranty void. Everyone is different though and need to respect both mindsets I guess.
Actually according to the techs I work with if your ECM shows it was tuned ford will deny your warranty completely
Old 8/14/13, 02:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Just buy a Kenne Bell 2.8LC kit.
Old 8/14/13, 08:40 AM
V6 Member

I work at the ford in my city my service manager is checking the warranty for me and seeing if ford racing parts would be covered under my warranty if I have the dealership install them
Actually according to the techs I work with if your ECM shows it was tuned ford will deny your warranty completely
Ford Racing Parts have a 3 page PDF Warranty guide: http://www.fordracingparts.com/annou...2012_Packs.pdf

Even Ford Racing parts will VOID the Ford Factory warranty when installed by an authroized Ford dealer, however, the Ford Racing Warranty then takes the place of the Ford Factory warranty, and is accepted at most Ford Dealerships as long as the Ford Racing warranty has been "properly registered" by the dealer installing the part(s).

Last edited by KC Henry; 8/14/13 at 11:13 AM.
Old 8/14/13, 11:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
What a cluster...
Old 8/14/13, 04:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dan S.
What a cluster...
I know right?
Old 8/15/13, 12:51 AM
GT Member

Ford Racing Parts have a 3 page PDF Warranty guide: http://www.fordracingparts.com/annou...2012_Packs.pdf

Even Ford Racing parts will VOID the Ford Factory warranty when installed by an authroized Ford dealer, however, the Ford Racing Warranty then takes the place of the Ford Factory warranty, and is accepted at most Ford Dealerships as long as the Ford Racing warranty has been "properly registered" by the dealer installing the part(s).
That's what my service manager is looking in to. My only worry is say I do the ford racing boss intake manifold and something goes wrong with a piston (just making an example) I'm worried that the warranty won't cover it. I would love to do a full boss intake set up if at least a warranty will cover it
Old 8/15/13, 09:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

what if you had the frpp tune done by a dealer, then changed to a custom tune, then changed back to stock. There would be no way of knowing what tune was in there at what time...
Old 8/15/13, 09:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
just a word of caution.

few days back i was hearing a metal clinking noise from passenger side, so took it to dealership... before starting anything they said u have aftermarket abs n cai... so any repairs or even inspecting the vehicle would be my cost.. i did a 30 min chat with the service manager n walked away... went home looked under lucky for me it was few metal piece from road debris that was hung up underneath.... so just be prepared for this attitude from dealerships seeing an aftermarket stuffs... but same time not doing any mode on mustang is like buying an xbox and not buying addition games.
Old 8/15/13, 10:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

aftermarket abs?
Old 8/15/13, 12:34 PM
V6 Member

what if you had the frpp tune done by a dealer, then changed to a custom tune, then changed back to stock. There would be no way of knowing what tune was in there at what time...
Altering the Tune leaves a "footprint" that is traceable, they will be able to tell.
Old 8/15/13, 01:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
aftermarket abs?
Axle backs
Old 8/15/13, 02:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Altering the Tune leaves a "footprint" that is traceable, they will be able to tell.
yeah, they will be able to tell it was flashed, but not what parameters or tune was actually uploaded.
Old 8/15/13, 03:06 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by shiazv@gmail.com
not doing any mod on mustangs is like buying an xbox and not buying addition games.
Greatest analogy for this topic ^
I ran the snot out of mine for 1000 miles to make sure there were no issues. I installed the Steeda 93 tune and cai and changed the oil to a base 4 synthetic. The car now has 20,000 miles and couldn't be stronger. Steeda has 0 failures BTW. Take off your skirts and Tune your car.
Old 8/15/13, 03:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah, they will be able to tell it was flashed, but not what parameters or tune was actually uploaded.
Wrong. They'll know the difference.

Quick Reply: Just got my 2013 5.0