Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

2014 GT Ford Racing Tune

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/14, 03:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5lho can you post the part #for the procal tune you have
i just want to be sure
before i came across this thread. It appeared to me that the only option that i would have is the trac key tune for my 2013gt 6 speed.

i have drag raced for years and to be able to keep the warranty and have a car that i know is capable of running 11,s is amazing.
Old 5/29/14, 08:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
M-9603-MGTB

That's tuner and K&N air filter only package. I left the air filter in the box and run stock
Old 5/29/14, 08:13 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 5LHO
M-9603-MGTB

That's tuner and K&N air filter only package. I left the air filter in the box and run stock

I just had that kit installed. Wasn't too sure about the K&N but had it put in as my stock one was looking dirty. Car runs very well with the tune. Perhaps wishful thinking but I think the exhaust sounds a little more aggressive (got the Boss set up).

The stock filter runs ok? No cels? or other issue?
Old 5/30/14, 08:16 AM

I talked to ford racing yesterday about this tune. I could not get a real answer on how this effects the warranty. My car is a 13in service date of 10/13. I bought a couple months ago as a CPO certified pre owned. Car had well under 1000 miles on it and there was no sign the car ever left the show room floor. Anyhow it comes with the 3year 36000 mile warranty bumper to bumper and also a 5year 100000 mile drive train warranty. Both from the in service date.
I called ford and they told me that any part period that is installed on a car after it leaves the assembly line can be used against the warranty if it is found to be the causing problem.
That makes no sense to me. Just looking g for advice here.
I am still learning towards the ford tune unless it just flat out gets rid of my 5 year warranty. I have read the warranty on the procal but seem to be getting conflicting info.
Old 5/30/14, 08:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GHIG50
I talked to ford racing yesterday about this tune. I could not get a real answer on how this effects the warranty. My car is a 13in service date of 10/13. I bought a couple months ago as a CPO certified pre owned. Car had well under 1000 miles on it and there was no sign the car ever left the show room floor. Anyhow it comes with the 3year 36000 mile warranty bumper to bumper and also a 5year 100000 mile drive train warranty. Both from the in service date.
I called ford and they told me that any part period that is installed on a car after it leaves the assembly line can be used against the warranty if it is found to be the causing problem.
That makes no sense to me. Just looking g for advice here.
I am still learning towards the ford tune unless it just flat out gets rid of my 5 year warranty. I have read the warranty on the procal but seem to be getting conflicting info.
I think you're good on the ProCal warranty, as the Ford Racing paperwork says it does not invalidate the existing warranty on the car. Once you get registered with Ford Racing it applies a separate warranty from FRPP which only covers issues where the ProCal was found to be the root cause.

The trouble is finding a Ford dealer that will install these, seems like most Ford dealers won't touch FRPP parts.
Old 5/30/14, 02:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Don't know where you live but Tasca Ford MOD Shop will install it all.
Old 5/30/14, 10:37 PM

So is the Ford Racing Pro Cal tune worth buying as part of the Ford Racing Power Pack or am I just wasting money?
Old 5/31/14, 09:38 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SGM SCOTT
So is the Ford Racing Pro Cal tune worth buying as part of the Ford Racing Power Pack or am I just wasting money?
Might want to check the other thread here about the track key. They are saying on that thread that you now get the best of both worlds, the tune and the track key goodies. If true might be the way to go?
Old 6/1/14, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by miner999r
Might want to check the other thread here about the track key. They are saying on that thread that you now get the best of both worlds, the tune and the track key goodies. If true might be the way to go?
Well after calling ford and ford racing I was told to call Ford SVT Special vehicle team.
The tech really seemed to be up on everything on the new tunes.He immediately told me that SVT and Ford Racing are basically one in the same and working out of the same area only a little different.
He assured me that NO ONE can possibly have the trac key tune for the 2013 mustang GT as of yet since they have not started shipping them.
He said they will be available to order starting this Monday 6/2/14.

He told me that ANY ford dealer can install it that is willing to, Tasca ford is a little bit of A Hike for Me, I am hoping to find a dealer closer to the CNY Utica Syracuse Rochester area.
He said the trac Key tune 9603 MGTB is exactly the same as the
the new Trac key Tune coming up
Trac key tune will be about $100.00 more and have
a rev launch limiter
and a couple more things that may or may not be worth waiting for.

As far as the warranty he said if I had an issue with either tune they would step in but assured me that with all of the research they have done
they have not had one single engine problem with the procal tune.

If anyone knows of a dealer in the Utica Rochester Syracuse area that will deal with this PROCAL tune let me know.

5LHO those are some killer numbers you are laying down with a tune and very minor other mods very impressive.
Old 6/1/14, 06:58 AM

I have to wonder about the ProCal and its effects on both the factory warranty as well as the extended waranty on the car. I know that it has a 36/36,000 PT factory warranty and some threads say that once the tune is done that any PT issues are covered under the Ford Racing warranty(?-might be calling it the wrong name), not the factory warranty. Can anyone confirm this? The warranty guru/person at my dealership is out on vacation so I'm having to wait until they return for an answer.

Then the second part is does the tune void the extended warranty sold to me by the dealership? I bought the 72/75,000 warranty from a company called Golden Eagle Protection for $977. By buying it, my dealership gives me 4 years of free maintenance and I figure that service alone for 4 years (probably oil change and whatnot 12 times) would cost me at least $500 so it seemed to make sense.

I'm reading the extended warranty and it says under exclusions and conditions: The failure of any part affected by alterations not recommended by the manufacturer. This includes but is not limited to the installation of: oversized tires, suspension kits, headers or other modifications to enhance performance. Any ideas what the tune would do to a extended warranty? I'm thinking that the ProCal tune may void it. Thoughts?

Well after calling ford and ford racing I was told to call Ford SVT Special vehicle team.
The tech really seemed to be up on everything on the new tunes.He immediately told me that SVT and Ford Racing are basically one in the same and working out of the same area only a little different.
He assured me that NO ONE can possibly have the trac key tune for the 2013 mustang GT as of yet since they have not started shipping them.
He said they will be available to order starting this Monday 6/2/14.

He told me that ANY ford dealer can install it that is willing to, Tasca ford is a little bit of A Hike for Me, I am hoping to find a dealer closer to the CNY Utica Syracuse Rochester area.
He said the trac Key tune 9603 MGTB is exactly the same as the
the new Trac key Tune coming up
Trac key tune will be about $100.00 more and have
a rev launch limiter
and a couple more things that may or may not be worth waiting for.

As far as the warranty he said if I had an issue with either tune they would step in but assured me that with all of the research they have done
they have not had one single engine problem with the procal tune.

If anyone knows of a dealer in the Utica Rochester Syracuse area that will deal with this PROCAL tune let me know.

5LHO those are some killer numbers you are laying down with a tune and very minor other mods very impressive.
Old 6/1/14, 08:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
People can no doubt well understand why I am unwilling to drop a wad of cash on somebody else's "93R" tune and SCT tuner box.

I'm doing really well at my local track, compared to other 11+, despite tugging a fully loaded car's weight.

car ran the same MPH on the paper filter as it did with the K&N, in back to back testing at the track.
Old 6/2/14, 06:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SGM SCOTT
I have to wonder about the ProCal and its effects on both the factory warranty as well as the extended waranty on the car. I know that it has a 36/36,000 PT factory warranty and some threads say that once the tune is done that any PT issues are covered under the Ford Racing warranty(?-might be calling it the wrong name), not the factory warranty. Can anyone confirm this? The warranty guru/person at my dealership is out on vacation so I'm having to wait until they return for an answer.

Then the second part is does the tune void the extended warranty sold to me by the dealership? I bought the 72/75,000 warranty from a company called Golden Eagle Protection for $977. By buying it, my dealership gives me 4 years of free maintenance and I figure that service alone for 4 years (probably oil change and whatnot 12 times) would cost me at least $500 so it seemed to make sense.

I'm reading the extended warranty and it says under exclusions and conditions: The failure of any part affected by alterations not recommended by the manufacturer. This includes but is not limited to the installation of: oversized tires, suspension kits, headers or other modifications to enhance performance. Any ideas what the tune would do to a extended warranty? I'm thinking that the ProCal tune may void it. Thoughts?
The Ford Racing warranty covers you up to 3yr/36k miles, and kicks in ONLY WHEN the Ford Racing tune is found to be the root cause of damage. In all other cases, the existing powertrain warranty on your car is still intact.

You have to think though, with the amount of testing that goes into the Ford Racing tunes you're very unlikely to have a problem. Aftermarket tuners, no matter how good they are simply don't have access to the resources that Ford Racing does.
Old 6/3/14, 02:26 PM

Talking

I talked to the FORD SVT team at ford
They assured me that the track key procal tune for my 13 is the same tune Power wise as the PROCAL II but it will also have a launch control 2 step on it and if I want a lopey idle.
they shipped yesterday 6/2/14 about noon from ford racing
and I ordered one from Ford Parts direct should see it in about 4 days.
Sounded like they where about to run out when I called.
FORD SVT also assured me that no one has been able to test this new tune other than them since it just shipped yesterday.
As far as the warranty goes they have been working for about a year on this tune and they have not had one problem with the PROCAL II tune.
As they say they have a lot more money and R&d into this than others.
Of course it is more Conservative since it has to be totally safe.
With 5LHO running a high 11 that is pretty impressive
I hope to have this in by the beginning of next week.

Anyone place an order on the first run of this?.I was going to wait but with my luck they will run out and then next thing I know I will be putting my car up for the winter.
Old 6/7/14, 02:09 AM

I am still waiting on ford racing parts direct to even get the new trac cal in. Was hoping to have at least the voucher by now.

Last edited by GHIG50; 6/12/14 at 03:08 AM.
Old 6/7/14, 07:22 AM
Bullitt Member

I am still waiting on ford racing to even get the new trac cal in. Was hoping to have at least the voucher by now.
I ordered the Track Cal from Levittown Ford yesterday (they had the best price I could find anywhere). How does it work, FRPP ships the vouchers to the retailer and then they ship that to the customer?
Old 6/7/14, 11:07 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by mfc133
I ordered the Track Cal from Levittown Ford yesterday (they had the best price I could find anywhere). How does it work, FRPP ships the vouchers to the retailer and then they ship that to the customer?
Some ship the voucher. Some vendors email the voucher. From there once it's registered on FRPP, it takes a day or two to get the tool and tune (which starts off on a memory card but uploads to the tool the first time rendering the memory card blank.)

I'd recommend looking into the regular procal. It's under $300 and includes an identical tune sans the 2 step and lopey idle. IMO, the tracKEY is a great deal for the 2014.5 cars bc they control 2 step and idle on the screen in the cluster. But for 13's and the track CAL, you have to use the steering wheel cruise control buttons.
Old 6/7/14, 06:49 PM

Thanks for letting me know about the Levittown price on the track cal tune
Ordered mine from ford racing parts direct monday
paid $559
Looks like Levittown is selling for $379.00
What kind of company charges? $180.00 more for the same thing?
Was told by ford that ford racing parts direct buys in large volume and they would have it well frpd still claim they don't have it and it did not ship to me yet. Got me for? 19.95 shipping as well.
Guess I won't be dealing with ford racing parts direct for the $3000 plus of mods I was planning unless they can fix this ridiculous price gouge.

Originally Posted by mfc133
Old 6/7/14, 06:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks for letting me know about the Levittown price on the track cal tune Ordered mine from ford racing parts direct monday paid $559 Looks like Levittown is selling for $379.00 What kind of company charges? $180.00 more for the same thing? Was told by ford that ford racing parts direct buys in large volume and they would have it well frpd still claim they don't have it and it did not ship to me yet. Got me for? 19.95 shipping as well. Guess I won't be dealing with ford racing parts direct for the $3000 plus of mods I was planning unless they can fix this ridiculous price gouge.
I'd get a price match or return it and dispute it on your cc or with your bank.

Also check with buyfordracing.com. They don't have the track cal on their site yet, but if you call, they have it. And for a bit less than Levittown. Free shipping too.

Last edited by typesredline; 6/7/14 at 06:59 PM.
Old 6/7/14, 11:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for letting me know about the Levittown price on the track cal tune
Ordered mine from ford racing parts direct monday
paid $559
Looks like Levittown is selling for $379.00
What kind of company charges? $180.00 more for the same thing?
Was told by ford that ford racing parts direct buys in large volume and they would have it well frpd still claim they don't have it and it did not ship to me yet. Got me for? 19.95 shipping as well.
Guess I won't be dealing with ford racing parts direct for the $3000 plus of mods I was planning unless they can fix this ridiculous price gouge.
Yeah I don't know what they're doing with that price, most of their other stuff has typical prices.