Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

New Shelby Coming Monday Night!

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/10, 05:11 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
No "tuner" package or code since this is a "post-title" conversion. I just ordered his '11 GT built with the options our customer wanted (there are some items you can't get. i.e. glass roof, rear spoiler, brembo pkg, factory stripes, etc.) and entered Shelby's "ship-to" code so that the Ford factory would ship it to Shelby and not to us. He pays us for the '11 GT and then he pays Shelby seperately for their conversion of his "used" GT.
Congratulations Brian on the first GT350 order on TMS!

(gotta love Redmond )
Old 1/19/10, 05:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
No "tuner" package or code since this is a "post-title" conversion. I just ordered his '11 GT built with the options our customer wanted (there are some items you can't get. i.e. glass roof, rear spoiler, brembo pkg, factory stripes, etc.) and entered Shelby's "ship-to" code so that the Ford factory would ship it to Shelby and not to us. He pays us for the '11 GT and then he pays Shelby seperately for their conversion of his "used" GT.
Just out of interest Brian, you seem like a very honest guy, and I realize "the customer is always right" but did you suggest that he may want to wait for a 2011 GT500? Probably a better car overall, cheaper, and as a bonus, it would be more money in your pocket since you get the whole sale rather than just just the GT cost portion? Seems like everyone wins.

It just doesn't make sense how someone would choose the eyesore of a GT350 over the GT500 to me, but to each their own I guess.
Old 1/19/10, 09:29 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Congratulations Brian on the first GT350 order on TMS!

(gotta love Redmond )
Is it really the first order on TMS? Our customer called me from the Barrett-Jackson auction where he paid SAI his deposit for the GT350 conversion. They gave him an order sheet with the codes and equipment that could/couldn't be ordered with the car.
Old 1/19/10, 09:34 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Clino
Just out of interest Brian, you seem like a very honest guy, and I realize "the customer is always right" but did you suggest that he may want to wait for a 2011 GT500? Probably a better car overall, cheaper, and as a bonus, it would be more money in your pocket since you get the whole sale rather than just just the GT cost portion? Seems like everyone wins.

It just doesn't make sense how someone would choose the eyesore of a GT350 over the GT500 to me, but to each their own I guess.
This customer already owns a GT500, so he wanted a GT350 to go with it. IIRC, he also has another SAI creation (SGT perhaps?) that has a very early CSN #. He is very well aware of all things Shelby, so it made my job ordering his car very easy since he told me exactly what he wanted.

On a side note, I'm not a salesman so I don't make a penny off of his order (I'm a salaried guy). I manage our internet department and am our webmaster. I'm also the SVT/Shelby Director for our store and order all Mustangs for the store.