Ford Shelby GT500KR ‘King Of The Road’ Returns in 2008

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/07, 07:20 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by max2000jp
I hope that never happens because it would really hurt our economy. I am really pulling for Ford, but I tend to be a realist.

Ford can really help its lineup by bring stateside the Euro Focus and Modeno. Like you stated above, Ford needs a large RWD sedan. Ford also needs to redesign the Ranger and offer a smaller displacement Diesel in all SUVs/Trucks. A hybrid small truck and F150 would create a lot of buzz for the company. These products SHOULD be out now. Lastly, Ford needs to continue to make huge steps in terms of interior quality. That's a really quick summary, but it's pretty simple as well.
There's no question that Ford is in the mess it's in now mostly through its own doing.

By the same token, turnarounds take a lot of time in companies that are entrenched doing things a certain way. Edge and Fusion may not be class-leading, as you put it, but they are strong contenders that are doing very well in their respective markets. That's a good start.

What they need now is to revamp the rest of the lineup with even more innovative products >> an interesting B-segment car...an exciting full size sedan...the next iteration of the Euro Fusion. But as I said, those things take a bit of time, and from all indications we will have to wait a couple of more years for that stuff. The big question is: will it arrive in time to save the company as the money starts to run out...?
Old 4/8/07, 08:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
What they need now is to revamp the rest of the lineup with even more innovative products >> an interesting B-segment car...an exciting full size sedan...the next iteration of the Euro Fusion. But as I said, those things take a bit of time, and from all indications we will have to wait a couple of more years for that stuff. The big question is: will it arrive in time to save the company as the money starts to run out...?
I don't disagree with this, but Ford has WASTED time. It's been a year since the "Way Forward" plan was announced. Ford knew they were in trouble more than two years ago. Today, new cars take roughly 36-39 months from from concept to production. The next year is critical for Ford. Given that timeframe, Ford's "revival" products should be out shortly. Ford COULD have already had the Euro Focus in dealerships if they were capable of making a good decision. Ford seems to have a ton of excuses to not bring the car here. Everyone on the outside knows it's common sense.

On the other hand, look at GM. They've imported Opel products to the US VERY quickly. Ford has no sense of urgency. It's very sad to see!
Old 4/8/07, 03:27 PM
Closet American

Ford COULD have already had the Euro Focus in dealerships if they were capable of making a good decision. Ford seems to have a ton of excuses to not bring the car here. Everyone on the outside knows it's common sense.

On the other hand, look at GM. They've imported Opel products to the US VERY quickly. Ford has no sense of urgency. It's very sad to see!
Well, blame the "old guard" finance and marketing execs (otherwise known as beancounters) - all jockeying to hold onto their little internal fiefdoms - for the glacial pace of change in the company.

Personally, I think Mulally should have fired the lot of 'em.
Old 4/9/07, 08:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Your thoughts are great, but Wall Street nor any of the public financials jive with what they've brainwashed you with. Ford is screwed and it's going to take some rapid change to reverse the loss that Ford has seen. My take on it is that Ford will continue to lose market share until they start to build relevant products that consumers actually want. Can Ford do that? Let's wait and see. Ford is too stubborn to bring amazing products in overseas markets that would be true hits here in the US. Yesterday, it was announed that Mullaly made 39 million in his first 4 months. That there is a sign of how backwards Ford is. I often wonder if the company is being run by monkeys.
Wow, thanks for proving my point by-proxy. Everything I stated is accurate and the fact that these modestly positive statements prompted such a negative, and oddly sweeping, response says a great deal IMO.

As for your comments about Ford's future. Were I a betting man I would wager that the changes you think Ford should undertake are less radical than my thoughts on the issue. But I don't feel the need to ignore or belittle positive results to validate my opinion.
Old 4/10/07, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought this was a Shelby KR thread not a debate on Ford being stupid.
Old 4/10/07, 05:56 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 2006GT500
Thought this was a Shelby KR thread not a debate on Ford being stupid.
Actually, I think it may have decayed into a debate where posters are calling each other stupid.
Old 4/10/07, 05:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Well Then Stupid is as Stupid does ? Bottom Line Shebey Originals ROCK !