Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

New Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/06, 04:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wjones, did you read the thread about the missing lower bellhousing bolts causing a rattle when cold? Just a thought..
Old 2/26/06, 10:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red & Shantel @ February 26, 2006, 6:49 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
wjones, did you read the thread about the missing lower bellhousing bolts causing a rattle when cold? Just a thought..
[/b][/quote]

you know what? I did forget about that thread, so I went back and re-read it. It sounded exactly like my problem - so without even looking under the car, I just went out to AutoZone and picked up the two 10mm x 1.5mm x 20mm long bolts, came back, jacked up the car, and crawled under to put the bolts in. Guess what? My bolts weren't missing! Crap, I thought that might be the answer. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img]

I know it's really hard to tell where a rattle is coming from, but I'm almost sure mine is coming from the dash near the guage cluster. It's maddening though, because it's not consistent. Sometimes I don't hear it at all, then I'll park somewhere, come back and restart a couple minutes later, and the rattle will be back. Of course the one time I brought it to the dealer to have them take a ride in the car with me, it did not make the noise at all...
Old 2/27/06, 10:40 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiberius1701 @ February 24, 2006, 2:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I didn't realize that Ford sold cars off planet. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] The Basic New Vehicle Limited Warranty is 36 months/36,000 miles in the USA regardless of demo use, buyer use or whatever. Exception being: If the vehicle was pulled after final assembly for quality evaluation, the warranty is extended for the number of miles driven for evaluation (sticker must be kept as proof). 36/36 is 36/36. Just clarifying things.
What you probably hear is the electric cooling fans spinning down after the engine is shut down. This can last up to 4 seconds it does sound exactly like a turbine shutting down.
[/b][/quote]

OK heres the deal, Picked it up Friday the ticking noise is still there on the new one. Not really sure what it is, I don't think it's any sound from the engine. Another funny thing is that when I went through the My Color options the colors are different then the original, the blue is not a dark blue it's a lighter color and this applies to all the color options not sure what to think about this either [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] .