Old 3/18/08, 01:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Amen

Amen!
Old 3/18/08, 02:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All I've ever seen on this forum about Bullitts and their owners is summed up a follows:

(A) Bullitt owners have fun with their car and are reasonable when it comes to knowing it's not a 400hp GT Special or whatever. They know what it is not and pure performance isn't why they bought it.

(B) People who don't like the Bullitt take equal pleasure saying how overrated the Bullitts are and how you can beat a Bullitt with a few mods and/or a swift kick in the solar plexus.

I'm amazed at how opinionated, outspoken and substantially negative a large portion of the Mustang community is towards the Bullitts. It's pretty easy to see how defensive the Bullittheads can be, especially when they aren't all in the GT/CS section going "Hurr, yer carz all show n, nogo! Mwuhwuhahahah!"

Every post I've read that tries to belittle the the Bullitt as just a GT with some FRPP stuff on it tends to leave off about 10-15 of those FRPP "stuffs" when they list them. Kinda like calling the Super Snake a GT with a 5.4 litre and some FRPP stuff on it. At MSRP, the Bullitt's not a bad car at all - I think the GT Premium should have come from the factory like that. Would save me a bit of cash in the long run....
Old 3/18/08, 08:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
honesltly i like the bullitts...

no hating here... they are still a sweet s197 stang.

have any of the mods ever thought about creating a "kills" section on this forum??
Old 3/18/08, 09:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Dixie_Flatline
All I've ever seen on this forum about Bullitts and their owners is summed up a follows:

(A) Bullitt owners have fun with their car and are reasonable when it comes to knowing it's not a 400hp GT Special or whatever. They know what it is not and pure performance isn't why they bought it.

(B) People who don't like the Bullitt take equal pleasure saying how overrated the Bullitts are and how you can beat a Bullitt with a few mods and/or a swift kick in the solar plexus.

I'm amazed at how opinionated, outspoken and substantially negative a large portion of the Mustang community is towards the Bullitts. It's pretty easy to see how defensive the Bullittheads can be, especially when they aren't all in the GT/CS section going "Hurr, yer carz all show n, nogo! Mwuhwuhahahah!"

Every post I've read that tries to belittle the the Bullitt as just a GT with some FRPP stuff on it tends to leave off about 10-15 of those FRPP "stuffs" when they list them. Kinda like calling the Super Snake a GT with a 5.4 litre and some FRPP stuff on it. At MSRP, the Bullitt's not a bad car at all - I think the GT Premium should have come from the factory like that. Would save me a bit of cash in the long run....
Well said. It's typically the Bullitt and owners of the Bullitt being attacked, not the other way around.

This thread in the CT/CS section wasn't started by a Bullitt owner.
click

It's not as 'bad' as this thread, but still a slight to the Bullitt and Bullitt owners from other Mustang owners.

Personally I'm glad not all Mustangs are the same. They were never meant to be.
Old 3/18/08, 09:25 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've never seen any Bullitt bashing. I guess just because I usually click off of stupid threads before they go to crap like this one has.
Old 3/19/08, 01:19 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by goesfast
By the way, the new Bullitt will best the 1968 GT390 by almost 2 1/2 seconds 0-60 mph!
By the way, a current Mustang GT will best a 1968 GT500 by at least a full second.
Old 3/19/08, 11:24 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Black GT500
2008 Ford Mustang GT Bullitt Review

Special edition vehicles should be exactly that. They should offer something exceptional enough to tempt you to dig deeper in your pocket and drive away in a vehicle that's, well, special. “Investment” and historical issues aside, the Mustang Shelby GT didn’t provide a look and feel that justified the massive amount of extra coin demanded by dealers. By the same token, The Bullitt Mustang succeeds. It’s truly a unique set of wheels.

It’s easy to miss/dismiss the Bullitt Mustang as a Secretary’s Special. The Bullitt eschews all the fake hood scoop and plastic louver jewelry associated with modded ‘Stangs. The Ford style team stripped all chrome and badging from the GT’s exterior, deleted the spoiler. They added a satin aluminum grill surround (in honor of the ‘68’s chrome bumper), a Bullitt badge on the trunk lid and dark grey Bullitt “Torq Thrust” wheels. And called it good.

Taken as a whole, the Ford Mustang GT Bullitt oozes understated cool. Forsaking Roush-style flash prevalent in Ford’s other special edition Mustangs, the Bullitt Mustang channels the aura of Lieutenant Frank Bullitt (Steve McQueen). In your mind’s eye, you can see the Bullitt Mustang laying in wait, ready to pounce on any black Charger that speeds by in the hills of San Francisco…

The machined aluminum shifter **** connected to a close-ratio, short-shift Tremec five-speed adds to the excitement. Smooth, quick and assuring, the shifter puts Hurst’s Shelby GT stick-in-sand shifter to absolute shame. Ford also included machined aluminum pedals positioned to facilitate heel and toeing– providing you’re wearing large shoes.

Ford borrowed many of the Shelby GT’s suspension components to liven-up, I mean “improve,” the standard GT’s handling.

The Bullitt’s ride quality sacrifices those extra two-tenths of handling ability to offer some daily usability. The ride of the Mustang Bullitt mimics not the original 1968 movie car, but a 2003 BMW 5-series. The Bullitt bounces dramatically only over the worst patches of interstate.

While not quite perfect, the Mustang GT Bullitt edition comes as close as the current body style allows. The Mustang Bullitt does more than the Shelby GT, with more style and some $6K less wedge.[] It echoes the original character of not only the movie car but the King of Cool himself. Aside from the tatty interior, the Ford Mustang GT Bullitt is what all Mustangs should be.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/rev...llittt-review/
Originally Posted by Martimus
And never be foolish enough to believe that Bullitt owners aren't willing to make strategic mod's unseen at first glance. That "dull" Bullitt sitting next to you at the track may well have a few secrets under the hood to help them leave you at the starting line!
Originally Posted by Black GT500
Except for the 3.73/1 gears you might almost have a point. That Factory rear end makes it worth it to me all by itself. I don't want to take a brand new cars rear end apart, I would much rather get the gears I want set up at the factory.

Here is my Rant on gear changes.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...07#post5527207

As to doing your own modifications, have at it. I have had to settle for half-assed hotrods my whole life. For the first time since 1971 Ford is finally offering factory Hotrod options again, along with one of the best looking Mustang Bodies ever. I can now buy a factory sleeper hotrod with full warranty that is absolutely better than the standard Mustang GT and arguably better than the $7000 more expensive Shelby GT.

Disparage the Bullitt all you like, if you take into account the whole package, it is a GREAT factory Mustang at a VERY reasonable price.
There are a few things I disagree about in these and a few I agree with. I have driven a stock GT, GT/CS, Bullitt and Shelby GT.

1. Opinion of the author, I didn't see hard facts backing it up.

2. Again opinion...I liked the notchy hurst shifter and so has everyone that I allowed to drive my car.

3. Ok, I have ridden in a 5 series and I can't agree with the opinion of this author here either. The 5 series was a little smoother and the Bullitt handled tighter. (<--that means I liked the Bullitt more before the bashing starts)

4. Again completely opinion with not hard comparable facts.

1. Agreed here...but that is my opinion. It looked much better in person than I thought but I agree I would want a little more with a different hood etc. The Reload package sounds great to me and I would definitely go that route if I had the Bullitt. (again...my opinion)

2. Definitely agree with this. For the money, with no ADM, the car is a great value!

As stated above these are my opinions from having driven those cars. Now when people start talking about "well I can mod this, dat and the other ting.." I feel the need to point out the obvious...so can they.

I also know my flame suit is on for the, "well for what you spent on a Shelby GT I could do blah, blah, blah." Yes, and so could the stock GT owner or GT/CS owner. I modded my car because I wanted the car my way...and I went with the Shelby GT because to me it fit what I liked more. That and they updated the Shelby registery with what was added.

Now for my opinion...I have arguably the most well balanced Mustang out there.

NOW can a Mustang GT, GT/CS, Bullitt or any other version do the same...yes they can. That is the beauty of modding and the variety of choices we have out there. I like all Mustangs and if I could afford another I would get the Bullitt...with the reload package. Would I trade in my Shelby GT on one? Not on you knife! (<--bonus pts to those that know where that line came from)

Good luck in whatever car you get and whatever mods you do. The key point is buy it or build the car that makes you happy and not based on the opinion of others towards your vehicle.

Alright...for the inevitable...FLAME SUIT ON!!!

Last edited by MilStang; 3/21/08 at 12:15 PM. Reason: incorrect grammar (yes, I am picky)
Old 3/19/08, 11:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Well said MilStang. Buy it 'cause you like it, not to please someone else. Besides, you're making the payments on it! It's as if we have to justify why we like or bought the car to others. Why should that matter? Different Mustangs for various tastes- very smart of Ford. That's why there's blonds, brunettes, redheads, etc. The only person I have to please is me............
Old 3/19/08, 11:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
By the way, a current Mustang GT will best a 1968 GT500 by at least a full second.
Exactly! Sometimes I think we've forgotten how far we've come. Great handling, interior, stereo, air cond., and a cool looking car!
Old 3/19/08, 12:41 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Nice, another thread that turned into a "my car is better than your car because" debate. Come on people, they are all mustangs. Stock vs Stock there is not much difference and already pointed out, take them to a track and it all comes down to the driver. 15 hp and 3.73 gears is not a "huge" improvement over a stock GT (or GT/CS). It is however an improvement.

All this because someone posted he tried racing a Bullitt while in his GT/CS. I had expected the typical "what were you thinking, street racing" comments but not people sitting here bashing different models of the same friggin car.
Old 3/19/08, 12:55 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by adrenalin
Nice, another thread that turned into a "my car is better than your car because" debate. Come on people, they are all mustangs. Stock vs Stock there is not much difference and already pointed out, take them to a track and it all comes down to the driver. 15 hp and 3.73 gears is not a "huge" improvement over a stock GT (or GT/CS). It is however an improvement.

All this because someone posted he tried racing a Bullitt while in his GT/CS. I had expected the typical "what were you thinking, street racing" comments but not people sitting here bashing different models of the same friggin car.
What he said!
Old 3/19/08, 01:12 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Image from Kocky Products . . .
Attached Images  
Old 3/19/08, 01:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by adrenalin

Agreed. I spent all that time reading this thread and finally had to post, keeping it off topic unfortunately.

But I would like to say...take it to the track. If I raced everyone that tried to goad me in my car I would be:

A. In Jail

B. Dead

C. Broke from buying new tires and paying that gas

It is just safer for you, the other drivers and viewers when you take it to the track. There...somewhat back on topic.

Old 3/19/08, 10:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MilStang
I like all Mustangs and if I could afford another I would get the Bullitt...with the reload package. Would I trade in my Shelby GT on one? Not on you knife! (<--bonus pts to those that know where that line came from)
Well said! It's all a matter of personal perspective. I know if I had a any spare cash sitting around I sure as heck wouldn't spend it on a Shelby. That, for the record, has nothing to do with the cars. The cars are cool but I simply don't like what CS has become in his golden years.

Is my car better than yours? I think so... but then again you think along similar lines. And so does most everyone else! Vive La Difference!
Old 3/20/08, 04:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
apparently a V6 Honda Accord is faster than a 1968 GT500 too.
Old 3/20/08, 11:32 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by RCSignals
apparently a V6 Honda Accord is faster than a 1968 GT500 too.
'Tis true.

Strangely sad...but true.
Old 3/21/08, 06:29 AM
Bullitt Member

It's amazing how much bickering Mustang owners do! I know that when I'm driving my Vette...ALL other Vette owners wave to each other, we don't try to race each other, we don't try to show another Vette who is the better Vette...we all realize that we are driving a great car and that's the way that all Mustang owners (GT, V6, Shelbys, Bullitts, GT/CS ) should be...start waving to your fellow Mustang owners, be courteous...but be sure to leave all those ricers in the dust!!!!

Last edited by Mark S.; 3/21/08 at 06:36 AM.
Old 3/21/08, 12:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Mark S.
It's amazing how much bickering Mustang owners do! I know that when I'm driving my Vette...ALL other Vette owners wave to each other, we don't try to race each other, we don't try to show another Vette who is the better Vette...we all realize that we are driving a great car and that's the way that all Mustang owners (GT, V6, Shelbys, Bullitts, GT/CS ) should be...start waving to your fellow Mustang owners, be courteous...but be sure to leave all those ricers in the dust!!!!
Agreed, I wave at most Mustang owners if given the chance. Now I can say with the Mustangs affordability and production numbers you get a bigger slice of society. So you are more likely to find all personality types in a Mustang. From the rich adult/kid to the high school kid still delivering pizzas or mowing yards to put gas in his/her car.

I still think we are just attacking our own kind as there is nothing out there that is "competition" ...can't wait for the Camaro and Challenger to come out.

Old 3/21/08, 04:16 PM
V6 Member

Spotted a Bullitt, Ran it light to light

I don't think Frank cared if his Mustang was slower than the Charger. His driving ability made up for any perceived shortcommings.
Old 3/21/08, 09:55 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by fmstang68
I don't think Frank cared if his Mustang was slower than the Charger. His driving ability made up for any perceived shortcommings.
Frank who...?

Quick Reply: Spotted a Bullitt, Ran it light to light