2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Spotted a Bullitt, Ran it light to light

Search this Thread

Old 3/14/08, 06:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
I am incline to politely disagree.

Get a Steve McQueen on GT/CS vs most any of us on a '08 Bullitt and the Bullitt remake would have a HG GT/CS... minus the emblems and stripes of course.

funny. But no
Old 3/14/08, 07:23 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts

"No", on the remake or having our buns handed to us?

Old 3/14/08, 07:41 PM
Cobra Member

"No", on the remake or having our buns handed to us?

Both. Dead guys don't make movies and they don't drive fast

Old 3/14/08, 08:00 PM

You would have a point there, were it a "the" instead of an "a". I guess you misundertood.

Old 3/14/08, 08:14 PM
Cobra Member

You would have a point there, were it a "the" instead of an "a". I guess you misundertood.

I don't know, is there "a" Steve McQueen who could do it?

I think there was only 'the' Steve McQueen.

Old 3/14/08, 08:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This is a weird thread, why can't we all just get a long?

But seriously I like the Bullitt a lot but I don't think there is a major performance advantage over a GT. In fact here are Motor Trend's results:

Bullitt:
0-60 mph 5.0 sec Quarter mile 13.7 sec @ 102.7 mph Braking, 60-0 mph 127 ft
GT:
0-60 mph, sec 5.1 1/4 mile, sec @ mph 13.5 @ 103.6 Braking, 60-0 mph, ft 125

Seems like any race would be all driver.
Old 3/14/08, 10:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever

But seriously I like the Bullitt a lot but I don't think there is a major performance advantage over a GT. In fact here are Motor Trend's results:

Bullitt:
GT:

Oh brother, not Motor Trend again.
Old 3/14/08, 10:28 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Black GT500
Why is it always the guy with the slower car woofing crap about “driving ability”?
Why is it always the guy with the faster car always putting down "driving ability"? I never claimed to be a great driver. If you put me in a Bullitt and a good driver in a stock Mustang the drivers gonna win hands down. So yes driver ability has something to do with it. So why don't you quit your woofing and learn to think before you type.
Old 3/15/08, 07:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever

Bullitt:
GT:

Well, the arguement is comparible drivers in a stock car, and there you have it, not much of a difference. Of course, most don't believe what the mags have to say, especially since they are paid for by the tons of advertisements by the manufacturers.

Face it Bullitt owners, there is just not that much of a difference in performance between stock cars. A few tenths of a second here or there, big deal. 445 or 446 rwhp, who cares? And if you don't think a Saleen can put that down at the rear wheels, you are sadly mistaken. Besides, dyno numbers are just tuning tools, it's not a measure of how fast the car is at the track.

Yes, all things being empty, the Bullitt should be faster, but let's face it, there is just not that much of a difference. Heck for $200 for a used Xcal and used JLT CAI (which I have bought in the past) it would be a totally different story. Every body knows a BamaChip tune totally wakes a car up, especially an automatic.

Anyway, I fell the point is dead. Bullitt is a great car, the owners love and are proud of there car, just like the rest of us.

Peace out, unsubscribing.
Old 3/15/08, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Why is it always the guy with the faster car always putting down "driving ability"?
Don't you KNOW? It comes with the CAR!

The more HP, the higher the price, the better the driver. And for those of us who paid ADMs, we are the bestest, mostest skilled and have the bestest, mostest driving ability.

Let it be the last time you ask this question!

Old 3/15/08, 02:10 PM
Cobra Member

Don't you KNOW? It comes with the CAR!

The more HP, the higher the price, the better the driver. And for those of us who paid ADMs, we are the bestest, mostest skilled and have the bestest, mostest driving ability.

Let it be the last time you ask this question!

I knew I should have paid an ADM
Old 3/15/08, 08:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 Ford Mustang GT Bullitt Review

2008 Ford Mustang GT Bullitt Review

Special edition vehicles should be exactly that. They should offer something exceptional enough to tempt you to dig deeper in your pocket and drive away in a vehicle that's, well, special. “Investment” and historical issues aside, the Mustang Shelby GT didn’t provide a look and feel that justified the massive amount of extra coin demanded by dealers. By the same token, The Bullitt Mustang succeeds. It’s truly a unique set of wheels.

It’s easy to miss/dismiss the Bullitt Mustang as a Secretary’s Special. The Bullitt eschews all the fake hood scoop and plastic louver jewelry associated with modded ‘Stangs. The Ford style team stripped all chrome and badging from the GT’s exterior, deleted the spoiler. They added a satin aluminum grill surround (in honor of the ‘68’s chrome bumper), a Bullitt badge on the trunk lid and dark grey Bullitt “Torq Thrust” wheels. And called it good.

Taken as a whole, the Ford Mustang GT Bullitt oozes understated cool. Forsaking Roush-style flash prevalent in Ford’s other special edition Mustangs, the Bullitt Mustang channels the aura of Lieutenant Frank Bullitt (Steve McQueen). In your mind’s eye, you can see the Bullitt Mustang laying in wait, ready to pounce on any black Charger that speeds by in the hills of San Francisco…

The machined aluminum shifter **** connected to a close-ratio, short-shift Tremec five-speed adds to the excitement. Smooth, quick and assuring, the shifter puts Hurst’s Shelby GT stick-in-sand shifter to absolute shame. Ford also included machined aluminum pedals positioned to facilitate heel and toeing– providing you’re wearing large shoes.

Ford borrowed many of the Shelby GT’s suspension components to liven-up, I mean “improve,” the standard GT’s handling.

The Bullitt’s ride quality sacrifices those extra two-tenths of handling ability to offer some daily usability. The ride of the Mustang Bullitt mimics not the original 1968 movie car, but a 2003 BMW 5-series. The Bullitt bounces dramatically only over the worst patches of interstate.

While not quite perfect, the Mustang GT Bullitt edition comes as close as the current body style allows. The Mustang Bullitt does more than the Shelby GT, with more style and some $6K less wedge.[] It echoes the original character of not only the movie car but the King of Cool himself. Aside from the tatty interior, the Ford Mustang GT Bullitt is what all Mustangs should be.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/rev...llittt-review/
Old 3/16/08, 12:56 AM
Post *****

All hail Bullitt. Bow down before Bullitt.
Old 3/16/08, 01:01 AM
Cobra Member

Now that's more like it

Old 3/16/08, 05:17 AM

There is no need for that. Bullittheads are simple and down to Earth. Just get on your knees, kiss their left hands, and lovingly call them Godfather.

BTW, do you like cannolis?

Old 3/16/08, 11:04 AM
Post *****

Nope. I guess I should have known better than to disagree with Bullittheads, some of the hardest headed people you'll ever see.
Old 3/16/08, 12:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope. I guess I should have known better than to disagree with Bullittheads, some of the hardest headed people you'll ever see.
Sounds like you'd give many of the Bullittheads a run for their money!!!!
Old 3/16/08, 02:57 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Martimus
Sounds like you'd give many of the Bullittheads a run for their money!!!!
Nice. I rest my case.
Old 3/16/08, 04:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow this thread is lively. lol.

The bullitt is a nice car if you like the bare look. I personally think it is nice but the crosshair treatment is a bit too corny for my taste. I still say ford under delivered as always, but that is just my take.

As far as straight line performance, it is a GT with a so-so CAI (although I love the shield) and light tune. Nice to see it coming right from ford but it is nothing really to get all hot and bothered over. Just a nice package from ford for those that like the treatment they gave the car.
Old 3/16/08, 06:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by classj
Wow this thread is lively. lol.

The bullitt is a nice car if you like the bare look. I personally think it is nice but the crosshair treatment is a bit too corny for my taste. I still say ford under delivered as always, but that is just my take.

As far as straight line performance, it is a GT with a so-so CAI (although I love the shield) and light tune. Nice to see it coming right from ford but it is nothing really to get all hot and bothered over. Just a nice package from ford for those that like the treatment they gave the car.
Most don't get it and that's fine.

It is a little more than a GT with a so-so CAI.

But that's OK, that's the kind of comment that is common from other Mustang owners about the Bullitt.

Bullitt owners are the hard heads though

Quick Reply: Spotted a Bullitt, Ran it light to light