2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

AFBLUE cancels his 08 mustang order for an 08 SGT Cpe

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/07, 08:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by RobK
Here's a stupid question, but why don't you just get a Vista Blue GT and put silver stripes on it? You'd end up with more car for less money. I personally was going to go with Tungsten and do an Eleanor when I first decided to get a GT. Then I saw an SGT in the showroom and changed my mind. I ordered black and a set of BSM silver stripes. Of course I ended up doing a GT500 fascia and opted out of the stripes, but you get my point...

dude....what? Sounds like you can't make up your mind either!!
Old 6/15/07, 09:22 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RobK
Here's a stupid question, but why don't you just get a Vista Blue GT and put silver stripes on it? You'd end up with more car for less money. I personally was going to go with Tungsten and do an Eleanor when I first decided to get a GT. Then I saw an SGT in the showroom and changed my mind. I ordered black and a set of BSM silver stripes. Of course I ended up doing a GT500 fascia and opted out of the stripes, but you get my point...
It's simple really. I wanted a Shelby GT but I didn't want a white or black one. I wanted a blue one.
Trust me, I know that it doesn't make financial sense. He11, I did a cost benefit analysis on the subject. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...nefit+analysis

But in the end, it didn't come down to logic, it came down to passion.

I was perfectly happy about getting a silver metallic GT. I spent endless hours planning mods (which shade of blue for LeMans stripes, which type of wheels, which billet grille, etc).

But that all went out the window when I saw the first real picture of an 08 SGT earlier this week.
I didn't want to cancel my order, really I didn't, but all of a sudden it hit me right between the eyes. "I want a blue SGT coupe so stop screwing around and just do it!"
Old 6/15/07, 09:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

All the while we all continue to drive around and I would even be willing to offer you a ride in mine but you would have to split the gas with me to get to VA!
Old 6/15/07, 09:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like other said, no flaming here, the shelby gt is great for you
Old 6/15/07, 09:59 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by AFBLUE
... I just cancelled my order...
... I want that Blue Shelby GT coupe with the Silver stripes...
... Flame away. I know I've got it coming.
Take it from someone who's had more cars than girfriends... ... you've made the right decision.

There is no point in buying a car if it becomes the second choice since it'll turn to trade bait as soon as the excitement wears off at a cost of thousands. Besides, you are obsessed with the '08 Shelby GT's color combo.

And please, no more changes. TIA!!!

Old 6/15/07, 11:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
well don't change the hood and wheels if you get an SGT
Old 6/15/07, 11:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Yo Mark, I don't see anything saying that you ordered or are getting a Shelby GT....Wanting and getting are 2 different things, right?... Geeezzz Louise, get off the fence already.
Old 6/16/07, 05:50 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by codeman94

dude....what? Sounds like you can't make up your mind either!!
Actually, it all happened in a matter of minutes. I saw a Tungsten in person and didn't like it. It was too gray for my taste. Then I saw the SGT and I shifted my intentions. Once I had the car and decided I really liked the GT500 fascia I went that route and decided it looked best without stripes. I didn't really do any flip-flopping. I just changed lanes a couple times.
Old 6/16/07, 06:02 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Congrats Mark!
Old 6/16/07, 07:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Get what you want man, you won't be dissapointed. Here's a personal example:

I debated for a few weeks both outloud (with my wife as a sounding board), to my salesman (Ed, or ISELLFORD as he's known here), and internally weather or not I wanted stripes on my new 07 GT, and if I did want stripes, what color/size and would they be vinyl or painted? I finally narrowed it down that I DID want stripes...but now what color? Again, narrowed it down to satin silver. A few days later, I narrowed it down to my size/gap of preference. But now for the hard decision....

Vinyl vs painted? Both had their pros and cons, with the biggest con for painted being price. Painted stripes would put be over budget by at least $1000, but would last a lifetime. Whereas vinyl may fade with time and need replacing, but if I started disliking stripes, I could take 'em off or even get a different color! So many options... and I've always liked keeping my options open.

Anyway, after at least a week of debating vinyl vs painted, my wife finally chipped in:
"Just get the **** painted stripes and shut up!"
So, me being the good husband I am, I immediately sent Ed an e-mail to go forward with the painted stripes. I didn't see the stripes until the day I took delivery of my car, but lets just say that extra $1000 over budget was WELL worth it.

Long story short: Get exactly what you want, don't compromise.
Old 6/16/07, 08:04 AM
Bullitt Member

I love Vista blue, but the silver w/blue stripes combo is tough to beat. Maybe the SGT for '09 will have that combo...which would really tick you off. LOL
Old 6/16/07, 08:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats Mark, you made the right choice. We got the only SGT we're getting in a few days ago, and I took it for a ride around the block (the service manager's B-I-L bought it) and I have to say, the car is NICE!! I really am impressed with it. Can you build one for less, yes, but having the Shelby mystique and having it built IN his factory in LV makes the extra money worth it, to me at least. Glad your getting one, and I can't wait to see it someday.
Old 6/16/07, 01:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Mark. I was hoping you would make this decision. I was making plans to buy one myself until my GT500 deal finally materialized.

Get what you really want and cherish it.
Old 6/16/07, 01:54 PM
Cobra R Member

do you have a 08 on order,or thinking about it?....there's lots of 07,s on ebay....

ps: our there any links to the new colours (full car,not just charts)?
Old 6/16/07, 03:50 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
do you have a 08 on order,or thinking about it?....there's lots of 07,s on ebay....

ps: our there any links to the new colours (full car,not just charts)?
I'm working to order an 08. The 07 SGTs colors don't do it for me. Hence the reason I originally ordered a silver 08 mustang GT instead of buying a 07 SGT.

But the Blue and Silver SGT is another story.

Here's a picture of the new colors.
Old 6/16/07, 07:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm working to order an 08. The 07 SGTs colors don't do it for me. Hence the reason I originally ordered a silver 08 mustang GT instead of buying a 07 SGT.

That is very sweet.
Old 6/16/07, 07:31 PM

The Vista Blue stripe strip on the hood scoop would look better if it were painted.
Old 6/16/07, 07:34 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
so are you saying that the entire hood scoop is vinyl, and nothing on it is painted?
Old 6/16/07, 07:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow, Mark she's a beauty! Congrats!
Old 6/16/07, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by codeman94
so are you saying that the entire hood scoop is vinyl, and nothing on it is painted?
No. The hood scoop appears to be painted silver, unless it is silver plastic. The vinyl strip on its top (black, white, or as in this case, Vista Blue) matches the car's color.

Quick Reply: AFBLUE cancels his 08 mustang order for an 08 SGT Cpe