2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

GT/CS Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/09, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT/CS Seat Covers

Does anyone know a place other than Ford to pick up some gt/cs seat covers? I have really fallen in love with the charcoal with parchment inserts seat covers but have been having a real bugger of a time finding a set from anyone other than Ford. Ford wants almost $1300 for the set and I'm not willing to pay anywhere near that much for seat covers. Any insight guys? Thanks!
Old 11/1/09, 03:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Agree! Think this is the best looking stock interior.

For us this interior was the deal maker when picking which new Mustang we were going to find to buy! Sat in a white coupe and just fell in love with the whole gray two tone interior package. And no other S-197 models had this very sharp combo to my knowledge. Probably no take offs out there on these. IMO: They are just too very rare! You may just have to bite the bullet and order from Ford or take a pass on getting a set of these covers. Good Luck! CalStang
Attached Thumbnails GT/CS Seat Covers-10-01-06-woodhouse-cs-mustang-010.jpg   GT/CS Seat Covers-10-01-06-woodhouse-cs-mustang-001.jpg   GT/CS Seat Covers-10-01-06-woodhouse-cs-mustang-008.jpg   GT/CS Seat Covers-10-01-06-woodhouse-cs-mustang-009.jpg  
Old 11/1/09, 03:34 PM

I don't have any experience with them but www.leatherseats.com looks like they might have what you want. These appear to be cheaper but I can't tell if they include both front and back seats in their price. If they don't and the $1300 from Ford does then it looks to me like the Ford set is competitive. Do a Google search for Custom Leather Seat Covers : http://www.google.com/search?q=custo...x=&startPage=1, you may find something else.
Old 11/2/09, 06:57 AM

I have actually found several sets of the take-offs. The problem is they are usually the charcoal/dove combo which I do not want. The ones that I have found in the color combo I want have all been for convertibles which means the upper rear seats won't work. Ford wants $300+ for the two coupe rear seat sections, so when you add that to the cost of the take offs, you're looking at what it would cost from one of the custom seat makers.

My other big concern going with an aftermarket company is fitment. I'm really OCD with my cars and any wrinkles or scrunched up areas will absolutely drive me insane. At that rate I feel like I'm better off going with the originals.
Old 11/3/09, 06:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 68stang289
I have actually found several sets of the take-offs. The problem is they are usually the charcoal/dove combo which I do not want. The ones that I have found in the color combo I want have all been for convertibles which means the upper rear seats won't work. Ford wants $300+ for the two coupe rear seat sections, so when you add that to the cost of the take offs, you're looking at what it would cost from one of the custom seat makers.

My other big concern going with an aftermarket company is fitment. I'm really OCD with my cars and any wrinkles or scrunched up areas will absolutely drive me insane. At that rate I feel like I'm better off going with the originals.
So you actually have found some charcoal/dove GT/CS take offs! Great! Where are they to be found out there? We would love to locate some extra bucket seat covers now for the future. As our GT/CS will stay in the family forever. And hoping that our first born grandson will some day have it for his own when we are both going down the trail. Thanks.. CalStang
Old 11/3/09, 06:48 AM

Well I've been searching for over a year now so they have popped up here and there. The two biggest places I have seen them on are craigslist and ebay. If you just do a search once a week you'll likely find a set or two every few months. Every once and awhile I have seen them on some of the stang sites classified ads (corral, modular fords, etc). If I come across a set in the dove though I'll certainly drop you a line!
Old 11/3/09, 03:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 68stang289
Well I've been searching for over a year now so they have popped up here and there. The two biggest places I have seen them on are craigslist and ebay. If you just do a search once a week you'll likely find a set or two every few months. Every once and awhile I have seen them on some of the stang sites classified ads (corral, modular fords, etc). If I come across a set in the dove though I'll certainly drop you a line!
Thank Bro!! CalStang