2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Are GT/CS owners a rare breed or part of today's average car buyer?

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/07, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my GTCS and Ive yet to see another in NY. Ive been to shows and people gravitate towards it.
Attached Thumbnails Are GT/CS owners a rare breed or part of today's average car buyer?-mustang-korn.jpg  
Old 2/7/07, 12:53 AM
V6 Member

i live in va , in a county wiht over a million people and i have only seen 2 other gt/cs , both of them white , but one of them was a vert , i talked to the dealer and they said that most ppl get the white one in the va area , so i ma happy about that , mine is black
Old 2/8/07, 08:01 PM

My first post here also. We ordered our GT/CS in Aug. and picked it up in Sept. It has 1300 miles on it, and most of them were to car shows last fall. Took a couple of tropheys too. Have only seen one other here in South Jersey. That was at a car show, and it belonged to a car dealer.
I also hear that there will be an '08' GT/CS anniversary issue made starting in April. That's when they shut down the '07's I think. Also that there may be a pink one made. Yuk!!
Personally, we bought it because it was different from the regular GT's , and people looking at it seem to think so too. A few have gone out and ordered their own after seeing ours. Parked for the season now. It does not go out when there is road salt around. Neither does our '02' GT vert.
Attached Images  
Old 2/8/07, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice Car! Well, I have say that I have not seen any others in South Jersey either. I guess we are a rare breed. Where in South Jersey are you from? I am from Runnemede.
Old 2/9/07, 08:19 AM

We are in Woolwich Twp., just outside of Swedesboro. We may have met already, through the NJ/PA group from the BMC. We also belong to the South Jersey Mustang Club. We will be doing the Support our troops cruise in April as a group. You might want to look them up on the web and think about joining the group. I'll be looking for your car on the roads this spring.
Old 2/9/07, 08:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Trollpainter
We are in Woolwich Twp., just outside of Swedesboro. We may have met already, through the NJ/PA group from the BMC. We also belong to the South Jersey Mustang Club. We will be doing the Support our troops cruise in April as a group. You might want to look them up on the web and think about joining the group. I'll be looking for your car on the roads this spring.

I just met the BMS gang at the PHilly Auto Show. They mentioned to me that there was a person that had a CS but I guess you couldn't make it. I may join the SJ Mustang Club. Anne mentioned it to me. Well, see you around! Can't wait for spring to get here and the warmer weather!
Old 2/9/07, 10:13 AM
V6 Member

First of all, there aren't many CSs on dealer showroom floors. You usually have to order them, so there isn't going to be so many. Second, when you get the CS package, you cannot order a number of other items. You can't order the premium appearance package or the aluminium pedals or any number of color/interior combinations. That means than a lot of people are going to opt out.

I mostly like it because it stands out from the last two years production. But I'm scared to death that it's going to become obsolete next year.
Old 2/12/07, 11:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think "IF" they do make a 40th anniversary in '08 it will be added colors and a badge or two.
Old 2/13/07, 04:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Get it while the getting good ! or if you snooze you loose. They come up with another one with more options just wait, as since I had my 05 there has been soo many questions about what would work and be nice to have & I swear Ford has listened because a lot of those are now choices that I have ! so if they keep going I'll be in trouble as if next year it gets better I'll have to think about it , and that's when I usually go for it.
Old 2/13/07, 06:59 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Posted this in a couple of other threads, but Grabber Blue GT/CS in 2008? Probably not, but it would look very cool with those black GT/CS side stripes.

Just add a Foose, Fang, or Cervini 69-70 style hood and shaker.
Old 2/13/07, 07:34 PM
V6 Member

It's more like a partial re-styling with a price increase to distinguish the '07 from the '05 and '06. If you don't get it, your '07 isn't really different from the earlier years, and not really worth more money, either. They kind of blackmail you into it. But it is good looking.

Say, trollpainter, do you have more photos of your Redfire GT/CS? Photos of the interior, too? I'm assuming that you have the parchment/black interior. How do you like the interior of that thing compared with, say , some of the other choices.
Old 2/13/07, 07:35 PM
V6 Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Hey Tripple T

Originally Posted by Triple T
I love my GTCS and Ive yet to see another in NY. Ive been to shows and people gravitate towards it.
Where abouts??? Mine is the only one I have seen in Suffolh County, LI

Old 2/13/07, 09:41 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Jamo
when you get the CS package, you cannot order a number of other items. You can't order the premium appearance package or the aluminium pedals or any number of color/interior combinations. That means than a lot of people are going to opt out.
Well, it didn't cause me to opt out because there were so many things about the GT/CS that I liked. However, I was really bummed that I couldn't order the appearance package with the wrapped and stitched dash and center console. I really wanted that option. Why the heck wasn't it offered with the GT/CS?