2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Are GT/CS owners a rare breed or part of today's average car buyer?

Search this Thread

Old 11/21/06, 07:19 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliforniaCSblack
If anyone in the country can order one, you can bet it will be above 8k sold.
OTOH, the 2003 & 04 Mach 1 were not limited either, Ford built them for order/sale and, if I am not mistaken, the total count of Mach 1s for the 2 years together was something like 17 or 18 thousand. A figure of 7 to 9 thousand per year for the CS package is not unreasonable, IMO. One could also argue that the Mach 1, which was more than an appearance package, should have sold more than that, but it did not.
Old 11/27/06, 09:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I agree....nowhere does it say "limited edition". I bought mine because it looks different than the plain GT and it came from the factory with the parts on it. I drove it off the lot and I can honestly say, they are few and far between in my area. While I am driving my GT/CS around the neighborhood, I have not seen another one yet. So, are they selling a lot of them? It is all about preference and I love my CS.
Old 11/27/06, 09:48 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tuco
OTOH, the 2003 & 04 Mach 1 were not limited either, Ford built them for order/sale and, if I am not mistaken, the total count of Mach 1s for the 2 years together was something like 17 or 18 thousand. A figure of 7 to 9 thousand per year for the CS package is not unreasonable, IMO. One could also argue that the Mach 1, which was more than an appearance package, should have sold more than that, but it did not.

The Mach one was more expensive though. The CS package is a fairly light 1800 package for a car that has a definite distinction from the regular GT. I can see a lot of people using their ford discounts to upgrade to one. Who knows? Guess we'll have to see some sales numbers some day.
Old 11/29/06, 09:54 AM

GT/CS buyer is anything but average. It's like buying a 68 California Special...a cosmetic upgrade that is FACTORY original. A few buyers add more modifications but when it comes time to sell the book value will be there for a GT/CS and not for the add on stuff.
The GT/CS is the most expensive MUSTANG (not a SHELBY) and it looks it. Most of the buyers I know have old Mustangs too but just love the look. They would have gotten a new GT but when they saw the GT/CS they had to have it........ I have had mine since August. Rarely use it in the rain. Have 4000 miles on it. The mufflers are getting mellower every day. I have put it away for the winter last week and miss it already
Old 11/29/06, 10:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
but when they saw the GT/CS they had to have it........
you are correct on that one Wendy its the best addiction that anyone could have ! I'm kinda glad mine has not been shipped now all are snow and all.
Old 11/29/06, 10:24 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by NJJOE
I agree....nowhere does it say "limited edition". I bought mine because it looks different than the plain GT and it came from the factory with the parts on it. I drove it off the lot and I can honestly say, they are few and far between in my area. While I am driving my GT/CS around the neighborhood, I have not seen another one yet. So, are they selling a lot of them? It is all about preference and I love my CS.
I agree. I got mine on Aug 11 this year, live in a small city of about 165K, and have not seen another one on the street here yet. Mind you, it's cold and snowy here right now, so not likely to spy one in the next little while.
Old 11/29/06, 10:48 AM

Talking

I live in the Albany NY area but purchased mine in NJ. The dealer has sold one exactly like mine to a friend in NJ (we have the same vanity plates too but in different states). They also sold a black convertible too. Now they have a redfire hardtop on the lot. I have anouther friend waiting for the orange to be available but she it in southern NJ.

I know of one more exactly like mine on order in Connecticut. They are still waiting for it. They also want to get the same vanity plate in her state.

Hope we can get all three together at a show this summer. Will make a really neat picture.

Execpt for one time when the NJ car and mine were together for a Mustang club fall tour I have never seen anouther one on the road.
If I take it to a show (participant ballot) I always win and am starting to feel guilty
Old 11/29/06, 11:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

maybe I missed it but what is the plate ? and any of your Car would be sweet ! Frak it just started to snow here again !
Old 11/29/06, 12:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

It looks nice in NY right now by these picture of the Brooklyn & Manhatton bridges ?
from Lego Land this end of July
Attached Thumbnails Are GT/CS owners a rare breed or part of today's average car buyer?-dsc01019.jpg   Are GT/CS owners a rare breed or part of today's average car buyer?-dsc01020.jpg  
Old 11/29/06, 02:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FRITZ
I think the main reason i got mine was the two tone seats, the only options i got was, the S1000 and 355 rear end.
All these posts sound like higher end $$ GT/CS buyers. So not a different breed, just one who can afford all the options.
Old 11/30/06, 11:32 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2005GTDELUXE
All these posts sound like higher end $$ GT/CS buyers. So not a different breed, just one who can afford all the options.

I have to disagree here. As I see it the only differance between the GT premium w/options and GT/CS w/options is $1850....I bought mine solely on the look. Once I saw it I had to have it. Could I afford it, $200 more in cost over my 02 GT per month including insurance so I went for it. I also baby it. I has not been driven in the rain and now has 725 miles on it. It's the only car that gets to have the garage and I HAVE TO look at it every day.
My GT/CS was one that was sitting on the lot and had all the options except for 3.55 and wheel locks. It now has the wheel locks and it's at the dealership having the 3.55 installed at Ford's expence. So the car will have all the options and I didn't order it that way, it came that way!
Old 12/23/06, 02:45 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,526 Likes on 1,862 Posts

Nuff Said!
Old 12/24/06, 02:06 AM

Perhaps the confusion is the difference between Special Edition and Limited Edition. The CS option makes the GT unique just like the GT Appearance package makes it unique from the standard GT. Take a look at page 6 in the 2007 Mustang brocure. I explains what the CS is and states "Today's new, exclusive-to-GT option is avaliable in limited edition nationwide."

I bought the CS for its uniqueness. The dealer said GTs stay on the lot longer than the CS's. They were ready to bargain on a GT but, wouldn't budge on the CS price. Funny thing is... I didn't care. I didn't want a just a GT, I wanted a CS and was willing to pay for it. I don't consider that an average car buyer.

I've seen many '05 - '07 Stangs in my area (near Los Angeles), most of them GTs. However, I've only seen 2 Cal Specials and 1 Shelby. When I drive by GT owners, they're lookin'. I had one guy stop dead in the middle of a turn to watch mine go by. Another GT slowed down behind me on the freeway then passed real slow totally staring, according to my wife. He then sped-up and stayed in-front of me for awhile.

If people like the look and uniqueness, it's special. If they don't, it's just another car. With the pictures of cars I've seen in this forum (CS or not), I'd be stopping to look all the time!

Originally Posted by blkstang06
I believe what Ford said was they predicted production around 7000 to 8000 thousand units ! you can bet they will build as many Cs's as they can sell! also note read your window sticker were does it say Special Edition it doesn't it lists California Special as a appearance package!! also in the 2007 Mustang Accessories catalog page 6 no: 7 California Special body kits, basepart no. 424a62 side scoops..basepart no.20049 front fascia kit basepart no.20049 rear fascia kit appearance add on's..also note even Cobra GT500 is still a GT only with 500hp and a 6 speed transmission but is listed as a limited edition production vehicle.. like I said the CSGT is a great appearance package!!
Old 12/24/06, 02:09 AM

Crud... now what am I gonna do for a plate?

Only one car can have this plate in CA!!

Originally Posted by 05stangkc

Nuff Said!
Old 12/24/06, 10:03 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,526 Likes on 1,862 Posts
Reverse it! Gt/CS 07 I ordered this Plate Many Months before I even Ordered the Car! Go Online to the DMV Site and Snap it up if it is available!

KC
Old 12/24/06, 08:48 PM

I have the 07 GTCS plate in Virginia.
Old 12/25/06, 08:12 AM

I have to say that I'm with FRITZ. I liked the new body style but it was the interior that made my decision to get the GT/CS. The hood scoop was the other icing on the cake that helped me make my final decision. I too got everything except the 1000 watt stereo, Sirus, and navigation.
Old 12/25/06, 11:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ah man this may mean I'll have to haggel over the Sirus radio as I did'nt need one ? but if it comes ok I guess I'll give my X wife my XM depending witch I like best although my Pioneer portable XM gos anywhere, and my son like the Chicken man skits they do too .
Old 12/25/06, 02:47 PM

Hey Jeff...
I guess I missed the navigation option... I didn't see it in the brocure. Was that a manufacturer's or Dealer's option?

I did not get the 1000 but, I did get Sirius since I am in a bad recption area of the local stations.

I originally hoped that I didn't have to get the heated seats with the comfort group since, it never rains or gets cold in So. Cal but, now that we have it, we are enjoying the toasty seats.
Old 12/27/06, 12:30 AM

Reverse taken as well. After a few ideas, we settled on "GT 07 CS"
What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Reverse it! Gt/CS 07 I ordered this Plate Many Months before I even Ordered the Car! Go Online to the DMV Site and Snap it up if it is available!

KC

Quick Reply: Are GT/CS owners a rare breed or part of today's average car buyer?