2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

2007 GT/CS Photos!

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/06, 10:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the idea of a GT/CS. I would have used the concept hood and rear tail lights from the concept car. My hood of choice would have been the California Dream Hood. The hood scoop that is shown on the pictures looks crappy and didn't like the tape stripe position........

Some special edition wheels would have been nice, Just my thoughts
Old 2/9/06, 09:26 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here I just ordered an 06 GT Premium vert, and am waiting for the dealer to get the #'s on it. Now with all this talk of heated seats (would be nice in Michigan where they're built) and another 20hp - I think I may need to wait for the 07. Whereas I'd prefer a functional hood scoop, even the fake one adds to the plain appearance of the regular hood. If Ford does this package for decent price, I'd get it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Don't think I can wait for a Mach, Bullitt or Boss if they're not coming until 08. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

BTW, my 95 gt had functional side scoops. Don't know as if that was any great benefit thou.

Anyone know when dealers will have info on 07's? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] My dealer had no clue on the GT/CS.
Old 2/9/06, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(principalpony @ February 9, 2006, 11:29 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone know when dealers will have info on 07's? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] My dealer had no clue on the GT/CS.
[/b][/quote]Dealer's should be able to accept 2007 orders beginning on March 12th or 13th. You will find plenty of information here, take a look around.
Old 2/9/06, 12:50 PM
Cobra Member

After 96 they were all nofunctional. I was talking to someone the other day whos brother works in the v-engine design as an engineer. Bullit is coming. Mach is coming. Boss is iffy and the shelby makes way more than advertised hp.

That is all.
Roger
Old 2/9/06, 04:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

that's awesome [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/beer.gif[/img]
Old 2/9/06, 04:21 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(incomingRPG @ February 9, 2006, 12:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Dealer's should be able to accept 2007 orders beginning on March 12th or 13th. You will find plenty of information here, take a look around.
[/b][/quote]

I do look here a lot, but it's hard to tell what's real from what's speculation or hopefull thinking. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] It's only natural for Ford to try to keep quiet on future plans as it can hurt current sales. I'm sure Ford is also looking for market info & ways to add what will sell. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] No one at Ford should have any doubt that a Mach, Bullitt or Boss with more hp & torque will be an instant hit with those of us who love the stang for its looks AND performance! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

I'm seriously leaning towards waiting for 07 even if all the extras I can get are just heated seats & a compass.
Old 2/9/06, 08:44 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Pretty good.
Old 2/9/06, 08:51 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> another 20hp [/b][/quote]

I missed something. Maybe I haven't got to the thread that mentions this yet, but where is this info coming from?
Old 2/9/06, 09:07 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AFBLUE @ February 9, 2006, 10:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I missed something. Maybe I haven't got to the thread that mentions this yet, but where is this info coming from?
[/b][/quote]
Hey Blue... best I can remember, someone who owns a stick GT was asked to 'test market' the 2007. The associate volunteered the info about heated seats and an additional 25 HP if I remember the thread correctly. It was about 4-6 months ago, I believe. If the heated seats is true, why not the 25 HP? (The consensus was that it was just a 'tune' and would still run on Regular Gas)

Go Carl Edwards!!!!!!!
Old 2/9/06, 10:41 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Thanks for the reminder Stan. Here is the post.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?s=...ndpost&p=520039

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?s=...ndpost&p=520864

Looking back at this, this guy was spot on for the heated seats and <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>the rearview mirror had a homelink button and a compass[/b][/quote]

Brad has already identified both the heated seats and a compass on the mirror as features of the 2007 GT/CS.

Cool. I can always an extra 25hp and 20lbs of torque.
Old 2/9/06, 10:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for posting the pics Brad. The GT/CS is not my cup of tea. I dislike the tacked on hood and side scoops. I prefer the clean lines of the GT, though its good to have options for those who like it. I'll definitely add the intake cover when it is available.

The fanblades on the GT/CS in the pics look to be polished all the way around, instead of partially painted. I don't know if anyone else made mention of this already.
Old 2/10/06, 12:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Oh great! Stripes and fake scoops! What's next, a big chicken on the hood???
NOT EVERYTHING FROM THE SEVENTIES WAS GOOD!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 01:14 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(65gtfastback @ February 10, 2006, 2:42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>NOT EVERYTHING FROM THE SEVENTIES WAS GOOD!!![/b][/quote]Take my first marriage. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 06:03 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,538 Likes on 1,873 Posts
I talked to an insider a few days back and got some info on the Bullit and The Mach, But I was sworn to secrecy. No I am Kidding! No I am not! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] Well maybe I know something. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 06:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(65gtfastback @ February 10, 2006, 1:42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Oh great! Stripes and fake scoops! What's next, a big chicken on the hood???
NOT EVERYTHING FROM THE SEVENTIES WAS GOOD!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

The GT/CS is just a tad more subtle than that so I don't really see it as a good comarison.
Old 2/10/06, 06:20 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05stangkc @ February 10, 2006, 8:06 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I talked to an insider a few days back and got some info on the Bullit and The Mach, But I was sworn to secrecy. No I am Kidding! No I am not! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] Well maybe I know something. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Wow that sounds like a conformation that their definetly coming, thanks! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 07:29 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustangjack @ February 10, 2006, 3:17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Take my first marriage. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Take my first marriage, PLEASE! (If you're gonna quote Henny, do it right, haha) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 07:38 AM
V6 Member

Ok, now I did it! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] Just called my dealer and told him I really need to wait for the 07. From what I've read here, I feel there is enough certainty of the changes and hp increase to warrent waiting a few more months. I want to be his first order for an 07 GT/CS vert. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] I wonder if the color choices for 07 are going to change? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/10/06, 08:29 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(principalpony @ February 10, 2006, 9:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ok, now I did it! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] Just called my dealer and told him I really need to wait for the 07. From what I've read here, I feel there is enough certainty of the changes and hp increase to warrent waiting a few more months. I want to be his first order for an 07 GT/CS vert. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] I wonder if the color choices for 07 are going to change? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

If it were me, I wouldn't wait for the 2007 for just heated seats, the homelink mirror, and a few extra ponies. You can get a GT now and get all of that for about $1000 more. Depending on the price increase on the '07, this may be a bargain.

You can get the mirror from 05stangkc or your local dealer. The extra ponies are easy to get with just a CAI and tune. And, the heated seats are available here(http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/pedecafiunhe.html). I have all of these on my car and I can drive it now! I wouldn't trade the experience of having my car now for anything! Waiting 6 months for mine to be built in '05 was bad enough. You'll be waiting at least that long until you will see an '07.

Just my $.02.

-TRB
Old 2/10/06, 08:46 AM
V6 Member

[quote name='TorchRedBeauty' date='February 10, 2006, 10:32 AM' post='639019']
If it were me, I wouldn't wait for the 2007 for just heated seats, the homelink mirror, and a few extra ponies. You can get a GT now and get all of that for about $1000 more. Depending on the price increase on the '07, this may be a bargain.

You can get the mirror from 05stangkc or your local dealer. The extra ponies are easy to get with just a CAI and tune. And, the heated seats are available here(http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/pedecafiunhe.html). I have all of these on my car and I can drive it now! I wouldn't trade the experience of having my car now for anything! Waiting 6 months for mine to be built in '05 was bad enough. You'll be waiting at least that long until you will see an '07.

Just my $.02.

I had no idea there was a cost effective solution for heated seat. I had already included a homelink, compass mirror in the deal from the dealer and was planning on doing a CAI & underdrive pulleys & custom tune + whatever else might add a few more ponies w/o going too radical. I just called my dealer back to tell him I'll stick with my order for the 06.

Thanks for the advice and the link. I really appreciate it! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 2007 GT/CS Photos!