You Know ADMs Are Dead When:

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/08 | 01:14 PM
Cobra Member

I agree, I don't think people who paid high ADMs early will be upset.

It requires a certain mindset to pay extra money to be the first to have something when you know pricing eventually levels out. When you have this mindset, you're over the regret part - you know when you want something and you're willing to pay exhorbitant surcharges to avoid waiting.

If you're the type of person that hesitates before paying above MSRP, then most likely you were conservative and OK with the idea of waiting for a reasonable price. These are the people that are buying them up now.
Old 3/23/08 | 01:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

All GT500's come with a 6-speed

Hopfully it is a typo, otherwise they are not selling a GT500, not with a 5-speed anyway...

" They also have a GT500 5-speed red with white stripes. This vehicle can be purchased for MSRP."

Originally Posted by SixtySix
I post a GT500 for sale at MSRP and nobody even looks at it!
Old 3/23/08 | 02:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Bummin? NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I bet all those people paying big ADMs to get the ultra rare GT500s are bummin' now. I can't begin to count how many times I typed the words "Ford will make as many of these as they can. They won't be rare. Don't pay the ADMs"

When all is said and done, they will have made at least 25,000 of these.

I'm surprised it took this long however. Ford marketed this car well and did the dealers a huge favor by selling them to each dealer instead of the SVT dealers only.
Attached Thumbnails You Know ADMs Are Dead When:-img_5834zero60.jpg  
Old 3/23/08 | 03:36 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Nice scenic road, nice pic. Makes one go a bit over the speed limit, don't it?

Old 3/23/08 | 09:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Black GT500
You guys don't think the people who were led to believe they were buying a super rare car and therefore spent the extra 20 Gs are P.O.'d to find out their "investment" isn't going to give them the return they were expecing?

I realize there are those that don't care about money and spend the extra dough to get it first. But we all know dealers were leading many people into believing that they were gettting a super rare car that would bring them an instant investment.

I'm not knocking the guys who knowingly spent the impatience tax. I'm knocking the dealers that suckered the uninformed.

btw, I'd gladly wait the extra year again for the 15-30 grand I saved on mine (I got mine at MSRP on Aug. 17th, 2008, ordered to my specs). Not only did I save a lot of money, I also avoided the transmission/clutch problems that many of the early cars have had.
Old 3/25/08 | 02:36 PM
V6 Member

I wish I knew how you guys were getting GT500's at MSRP. I have become completely disgusted with this whole situation. I gave up on owning a GT500 last year because of ADM's and began saving to buy a GT/CS cash instead. Since then I have been lurking on several sites and reading reports(albeit few) of people paying MSRP. These along with seeing I Am Legend (I know its embarrasing but true) I began to get excited again and thought I might give another try. I have called and e-mailed stealarships from the east coast to MidWest and acroos the South(I'm near Memphis.) The best deal I've seen was on ebay at $2000 over which made me mad at myself because I was very tempted. I am not rich but I can afford to pay the ADM, I just refuse too! I think it's ridiculous. I have become so disillusioned I don't think I even want a GT anymore. I have been a Ford fan and in love with Mustangs since my Dad brought home his Mach 1 in 1972, but I think this is it for me.
Old 3/25/08 | 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
When it was just 604 of us SVT dealers getting SVT products, we got more SVT's per dealership and didn't charge ADM's much (if any) as we had a decent suppply per franchise.
Well, this sure wasn't/isn't the case in Canada where GT500's are still sold only at the 27 SVT franchises. Most got 18 cars in 2007 and an intial allotment for 2008 of 13 and 3 or 4 KR's each. At the GT500 peak in 2007, most were asking and getting $20,000+ over MSRP. Last Fall on 2008's, they were still getting $10,000 - $15,000 over MSRP which is already $10,000 higher than in the U.S. even though our dollars are now virtually equal in value. I called my dealer in late December enquiring about KR's and he told me their initial 3 were all sold at $125,000 each. I guess this isn't too surprizing with a strong economy and lots of money around. In SW B.C. people are getting $25 - $30,000 more than their asking price when they sell their homes because of the bidding wars!!.
Bob
Old 3/25/08 | 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dad's72Mach
I wish I knew how you guys were getting GT500's at MSRP...
There have been few, more verts than coupes. Connections and dealer loyalty went down the drain with the GT500 so although the asking prices have been high , the actual ADMs have not been. Many, including myself, had little choice but to bite the bullet and make the best available deal.
Old 3/25/08 | 06:45 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
There have been few, more verts than coupes. Connections and dealer loyalty went down the drain with the GT500 so although the asking prices have been high , the actual ADMs have not been. Many, including myself, had little choice but to bite the bullet and make the best available deal.
You know, its not just the prinicple of paying over MSRP, as much as that chaps me. I have gotten a few good deals from Ford in my time so I am to the point of gritting my teeth and paying $1500-$2000 over IF I can get the car I want. I haven't found a dealarship that will even talk to me about ordering without agreeing to pay 10-15k over. I am just not going to beg to hand them 2k over MSRP for whatever happens to be on the lot. And now after being treated this way I sure don't feel very enthusiastic about turning around and handing them my money for a new GT. I usually am not a big time haggler. I can guarantee you that if I DO decide to buy a GT/CS I am going to wheedle them down for every single penny I can get off. X-plan, rebates, no Ford Motor Credit, no warranties, no destination charge, no documentation fee, not 1 single penny more than I have to pay after they drag me back from the parking lot for the tenth time. And honestly I'll probably be that way for any future Ford purchases I make, IF I make any.
Old 3/25/08 | 06:56 PM

Ordering is out of the question. Your best hope is to show up at a dealer which needs a sale and make a serious, solid offer. Paying $2K over is not bad for the best Mustang ever plus you need to consider the '08s cost an additional $1K over the '07s and the '09 will likely have a similar price increase.
Old 3/25/08 | 07:26 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Ordering is out of the question. Your best hope is to show up at a dealer which needs a sale and make a serious, solid offer. Paying $2K over is not bad for the best Mustang ever plus you need to consider the '08s cost an additional $1K over the '07s and the '09 will likely have a similar price increase.
Well that presents a bit of a problem in that I don't want just any car, I would at least like to get a vert if I prefer if not the color I want. If I find one I'll probably have to travel for it and you never know if their going to be reasonable about it. None of these guys seem to want to admit they will take anything less than 5-10k over and I just don't have the time to drive from state to state hoping to get lucky.
Old 3/25/08 | 10:47 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Well that presents a bit of a problem in that I don't want just any car, I would at least like to get a vert if I prefer if not the color I want. If I find one I'll probably have to travel for it and you never know if their going to be reasonable about it. None of these guys seem to want to admit they will take anything less than 5-10k over and I just don't have the time to drive from state to state hoping to get lucky.
What color and options are you looking for? I can do a dealer search easily for you.
Old 3/26/08 | 03:49 AM
V6 Member

What color and options are you looking for? I can do a dealer search easily for you.
Thanks Brian, I never found a way to do abroad search for GT500's

I am looking for a convertible, color in order of preference Grabber Orange, Metallic, Red, Vapor .

I woild like over top white stripes on the grabber or red, but can add these later. Don't really need any options, honestly the fewer the better. Would like to avoid satellite radio, don't like the hole in the trunk and won't continue subscription. I would be willing to accept other options if the price was reasonable.
Old 3/26/08 | 07:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Dad's

Dealers will likely respond better to visiting the dealership than calling. They get calls all day long from serious, not serious buyers and other dealers.

They will take a real person more serious than a call.

After Brian does a search, try to visit a couple of them with checkbook in hand, i think it will carry more weight for you.

Good Luck
Old 3/26/08 | 10:11 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Thanks Brian, I never found a way to do abroad search for GT500's

I am looking for a convertible, color in order of preference Grabber Orange, Metallic, Red, Vapor .

I woild like over top white stripes on the grabber or red, but can add these later. Don't really need any options, honestly the fewer the better. Would like to avoid satellite radio, don't like the hole in the trunk and won't continue subscription. I would be willing to accept other options if the price was reasonable.
Wow, I checked and there are hundreds of these across the US available. Can you narrow down a geographical area you'd be willing to drive/fly to and I'll search just your favorite color. Trust me, that will offer you dozens to choose from!
Old 3/26/08 | 04:50 PM
V6 Member

Wow, I checked and there are hundreds of these across the US available. Can you narrow down a geographical area you'd be willing to drive/fly to and I'll search just your favorite color. Trust me, that will offer you dozens to choose from!
Wow, right now I am limited to where I can drive on Sat. afternoon which would include Central to northern MS, LA and AR, Southern to Central MO and IL, I guess even northern AL. If I thought it was a sure enough thing I could probably close up shop for a Sat. and get an EARLY start, maybe even leave Fri night and hit the dealar early Sat. That would extend the range a bit. The one exception short term is that I will be in San Diego from Mar 28- April 1. Not too enthusiastic about the idea of spending my vacation at the dealarship though and of course it would have to be shipped. Just seems a little rushed, probably should have thought of that sooner. From the time I get back from CA through summer is my busiest time of the year and I work 6 days a week(actually 1/2 day on Sat.) so I guess this really limits me. If overnight or extended travel is what its gonna take I may have to wait till fall when things slow down. I'll be in Orlando in Sept., San Diego in October, Chicago in November. Other than that its not much other than Sat. afternoon excursions till Jan through March which is very flexible, I realize that's beginning to be unrealistically extended timing though.

Thanks again for the help
Old 3/26/08 | 05:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

dad

Their's as white vert 08 new on ebay for 1400.00 below msrp it a loaded car with nav 50,995.00 buy it now,list is 52,400.00 It's in orange couty

Last edited by boss429man; 3/26/08 at 05:27 PM.
Old 3/26/08 | 05:31 PM
V6 Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...em140218461687
Old 3/26/08 | 05:38 PM
V6 Member

I e-mailed to ask about added fees, their website lists it as 62K+. Not my favorite color but definitely tempting. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 3/26/08 | 08:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Dad's, I just got back from a spirited drive in mine. Don't give up on your dream car. It will be worth the wait. The prices are coming down. Your price should be attainable within the next few months. I repeat, the car is worth it.

Quick Reply: You Know ADMs Are Dead When: