You Know ADMs Are Dead When:

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/08, 07:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You Know ADMs Are Dead When:

Check this out. This guy is the internet sales guy at Mall of Georgia Ford Internet Sales (affectionately know as MOGFIS). They were the biggest player in the "buy from other dealers and rape the customers with huge ADMs" game. They had multiple GT500s on ebay. When ebay still listed the buyers identification, they bought or bid up most of the early GT500s.

Now he is listing 2 GT500s as available at MSRP with a small doc fee.

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/s...4&page=1&pp=15
Old 2/2/08, 02:04 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They're still alive and kicking here... around $15k IIRC.
Old 2/2/08, 02:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Asking and getting are 2 different things. Those that are serious about getting one, can find one if they try hard enough.
Old 2/2/08, 03:29 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
The only Mustang which will likely command an ADM will be the KR and perhaps the SS as long as the production remains low. The hoopla has been dying down on the rest of current Mustangs.
Old 2/2/08, 05:16 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
We sold our 2nd '08 GT500 earlier this week for $8K over MSRP, the same markup we got for our 1st '08 GT500 a couple months ago. Our third '08 GT500 has already been sold for an even higher markup (still waiting for it to arrive from the factory, though). Our 4th and final '08 GT500 is 2 months away and hasn't been sold/priced yet. I suspect it'll still command a markup as our little corner of the world still has more demand than supply.

I know a few people are getting GT500's at MSRP elsewhere, but those deals are not very common. The vast majority are still selling above MSRP, but you don't hear about those necessarily as those kind of buyers either 1) don't want the world to know what they paid, 2) aren't frequenting Mustang forums, or 3) both of the above.
Old 2/2/08, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I know a few people are getting GT500's at MSRP elsewhere, but those deals are not very common. The vast majority are still selling above MSRP, but you don't hear about those necessarily as those kind of buyers either 1) don't want the world to know what they paid, 2) aren't frequenting Mustang forums, or 3) both of the above.
They are becoming more common than perhaps you care to know.

Perhaps in your little corner of the world by professing the mister nice dealer gimmick you are able to nail your customers as much as can but in a competive market there are excellent deals in all Mustangs models from Ford as well as from all the mayor tuners. Anyone with half a brain, a computer, and a telephone can find them.

All it takes is time, effort, and not believing the likes of you.
Old 2/2/08, 06:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

....Anyone with half a brain, a computer, and a telephone can find them. All it takes is time, effort....

Half a brain: I qualify (barely).
A computer: Yep, got me one of those.
Telephone: Smoke signals from Tucson were seen at the dealership in Fresno but I did have to wait until daylight.

All it takes is time, effort....: Took me ONE WEEK to find my MSRP deal. Had the car in my grubby little hands on the ninth day.
Old 2/3/08, 07:27 AM
Bullitt Member

I got my MSRP deal last July....with the massive production Ford has already done in 07/08 and 09 production all but confirmed....there is probably going to be 25 to 30 thousand of these things built before the 2010 restyle

Nobody should be paying ADM's anymore (or dealer asking for that matter), market saturation is assured.
Old 2/3/08, 08:22 AM

I was able to get my 08 SHELBY Vert. at MSRP, however, I had to order it in October for a December delivery (right in the heart of winter), also, seeing as I am Canadian and with the current currency valuation I still paid about 7 - 8K more than my American cousins. Which is still better than what my dealer wanted originally (MSRP + 10K).

Although I am somewhat disappointed that it looks like an 09 model will be produced, lowering the collectability of this vehicle. I am more pleased that the appearance of an 09 model will cause the disappearance of ADM's which in turn will allow people of more modest means to own this great car, while at the same time fattening FORD's coffers.
Old 2/3/08, 10:28 AM

Collectability is usually important to those who do the inheriting not those who do the buying.

Old 2/3/08, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
All it takes is time, effort, and not believing the likes of you.
Wow, that's a rather nasty comment. I thought we were all friends here with a common passion for Mustangs.

I figured somebody would flame me for reporting on ADM's as I see them locally. Keep in mind that I do not set pricing at the dealership I work for and I am not a salesperson, so I have no control or influence on what is happening where I work. I talk to pleny of customers in person who have been shopping a large radius around our store looking for GT500's and most are reporting ADM's being the norm still, so we sell our GT500's quickly and easily as we have very competitive prices. Sure we have ADM's on GT500's, but we're still less money than the vast majority of our neighboring dealers who are still holding out for big ADM's.

I suppose you believe that if you keep posting that "MSRP is the norm" enough times, that more people (customers and dealers) will believe it and it will become the norm.

It is true that ADM's are coming down nationwide, and a growing number of people are finding MSRP deals, but it is not accurate to say that MSRP is where the market is on GT500's in general. The majority are still paying ADM's - perhaps more than you care to know.
Old 2/3/08, 05:36 PM

Perhaps in your little corner of the world by professing the mister nice dealer gimmick you are able to nail your customers as much as can but in a competive market there are excellent deals in all Mustangs models from Ford as well as from all the mayor tuners.
Mister nice dealer here. We have all 08 Shelby GT's priced at MSRP or less with no ADM's. All 08 Bullitts at MSRP with no ADM's. All 08 GT California Specials at or below invoice. All 08 Mustang convertibles below invoice. Most 08 GT's and V6's available near invoice every day, with some below invoice. All other cars, suv's, crossovers, vans, trucks are priced here at just a few hundred bucks over invoice, with many (about 20-30%) priced below invoice every day of the year.

You are correct that it is a competitive market, hence our need to slash prices on all the other stuff. GT500 pricing is an anomoly and is the only car with an ADM where I work, but our ADM must be very competitive as we are sold at of GT500's as usual. It's all supply and demand - perceived or otherwise.
Old 2/3/08, 05:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

MOGF also bid on a lot of Ford GTs during it's production run. Not sure how many they sold, but at one time they had four at the dealership.
Old 2/3/08, 06:02 PM

Wow, that's a rather nasty comment. I thought we were all friends here with a common passion for Mustangs...
Not when it includes sympathy driven comments to support dealers, the very same ones who have screwed many of the membership. You are free to post them but they will not go uncontested.
... I suppose you believe that if you keep posting that "MSRP is the norm" enough times, that more people (customers and dealers) will believe it and it will become the norm...
For someone of such passion who is not a salesman you sure express yourself as one. I suppose you believe that if you keep posting that "MSRP is not the norm" and "ADMs are" enough times, that more people (customers and dealers) will believe it, accept it, and keep it going.
Old 2/3/08, 06:30 PM

Mister nice dealer here. We have all 08 Shelby GT's priced at MSRP or less with no ADM's...
WOW! What a surprise! Your waiting list must be full... on both sides. This might merit an APB.
All 08 Bullitts at MSRP with no ADM's...
I gather X-Plan is not being honored by the dealer you are employed by otherwise you would have mentioned it. Here is an APB for you: There are dealers who are honoring it.
Old 2/3/08, 08:37 PM

I gather X-Plan is not being honored by the dealer you are employed by otherwise you would have mentioned it. Here is an APB for you: There are dealers who are honoring it.
You can gather and assume all you want about us, but that fact is that we have yet to have anyone visit us asking about X-plan, so I didn't bother to mention plan sales. We do about 150-200 plan sales each year, so we are definitely a nice place to buy a new Ford.

I sure wish you'd drop the hostility, George. I don't know you from Adam, and you don't know me, so why are you venting so harshly on me?
Old 2/3/08, 08:44 PM

For someone of such passion who is not a salesman you sure express yourself as one.
I have been a Mustang enthusiast forever. Bought my first Mustang when I was 16 in 1982. I've owned a bunch since. I did not start working in the car biz until 1999, and only because of my passion for Mustangs and people. I started in the business selling new Fords (mostly Mustangs, when I could), so, yes, I was a salesman for a couple years. Worked my way up and am part of the management team now, though, so I don't sell cars and have a much more administrative role in the store now. After college, but before working in the car business, I was a general manager for a large national retailer and was responsible for several large stores within that chain.

There, now you know a little bit about me now. Can we all get back to being pals around here?
Old 2/3/08, 09:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Brian,

WE respect that you are a car guy.

The problem is that your are adealer that supported ADMs. The dealerships that we admire are the ones that NEVER charged an ADM. We know all about the Market Supporting them, but, You did not HAVE to jump on the band wagon.

I bought my GT500 from a dealer that NEVER charged and ADM. I will buy all of my Fords from them in the future regardless of the deal. They deserve it. Your GT500 buyers will still shop for the best deal.

Old time customer loyalty is still the best policy. Your dealership should adopt it.
Old 2/3/08, 09:18 PM

... so I didn't bother to mention plan sales. We do about 150-200 plan sales each year, so we are definitely a nice place to buy a new Ford...
Really?

I don't recall it being offered to the TMS membership or even providing an avenue for those wishing to place an order, such as a Bullitt at MSRP. What I do recall is you have praised and promoted your dealership countless times so you have opened the door. Hostility is not the intention. As an enthusiast you are fine. As a spokesman for your dealer then it's a matter of walking the talk and being accountable. If you wish to wear two hats one shirt might not match both.
Old 2/3/08, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Brian,

... I bought my GT500 from a dealer that NEVER charged an ADM. I will buy all of my Fords from them in the future regardless of the deal...
As you know I didn't have that luxury. I had no choice but to go out of state to dealers which I had no relationship with as I did with the local dealer. You can rest assure my purchases prevented some locals from buying the cars just as some out of towners prevented me from purchasing the car I was promised by the local dealer.

The bottom line is in many cases ADMs amount to betrayal to the local customers who keep dealers in business and are a short term gains with long term loses. I know of many who used to be content with making purchases and paying $500 - $1,000 over invoice, it was understood those working for the dealer had to earn a living as well. Recently a friend of mine walked away with a F-250 which the dealer did not even keep the holdback and I recently ordered a Bullitt for x-plan from a dealer which had a GT500 last year with a $20K ADM I was interested in. Both my friend and I learned a valuable lesson... deal with them but take them to the cleaners for every penny we can.

ADMs have had a unexpected side effect in educating Ford customers specially the Mustang enthusiasts. What goes around comes around. Now it is our turn to gloat and brag.

Quick Reply: You Know ADMs Are Dead When: