Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/14, 02:46 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Critical Mass
Yes, because the formula hasn't changed since 1968.

Your statement is so full of exaggeration it's not even worth the time to argue the point. Use whatever your happy with. I chose Klasse for a very specific reason. Longevity. Wolfgang's does not last as long (also an excellent product). And if you apply it RIGHT, it's no harder to remove than any other product I have encountered that actually lasts longer than a few weeks in the south's sun during the summer months. To me, it is worth the extra hour or two applying it for the extra month or two of protection I will get out of it. Believe it or not, I'm saving time by using Klasse and adding coats (just like Zaino, also excellent) will only improve the shine and the longevity. Which was my sole reason for choosing it.
I'll give you that... that I may have exaggerated on the "100 times easier" part. Is it truly 100 times? Not sure. Feels like it. Lol.

But yes, this is the internet, so for all you know, I could be some 10 year old kid that just utters nonsense, right? I don't need to state my credentials in the detailing world for you. But you are definitely correct. You can use whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want. Your prerogative.

I was just giving my opinion. That's my prerogative too. And I'll state it again.

Klaase was great when I used it in 2006. Today? I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. I have literally 10 or more products sitting on my shelf that I use for my car/s and my customer's cars that surpass Klaase in every category (that being application, removal, look, and durability). So yes, if you were close by, I'd give you my 2 jugs of Klaase for free.
Old 9/4/14, 03:23 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,224 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
But yes, this is the internet, so for all you know, I could be some 10 year old kid that just utters nonsense, right? I don't need to state my credentials in the detailing world for you. But you are definitely correct. You can use whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want. Your prerogative.
AND,....it's pretty evident in the photos of your gorgeous car. I think your detailing skills are pretty darn good actually.
Old 9/4/14, 03:32 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
AND,....it's pretty evident in the photos of your gorgeous car. I think your detailing skills are pretty darn good actually.
Thanks Tony. But, who knows, photos could be doctored. My car is actually a swirled mess. And my customers demand a refund when I detail their cars!!!

But seriously though, he's right. He's entitled to use whatever he wants, for whatever reason he wants. His choice. I was just letting others know, that, if they are looking for something that applies and removes easier (with very limited elbow grease), looks as good if not far better, and lasts as long if not longer, there are many many many many options. And that, is the sole reason why I no longer use it.

That's like saying, I use my flip phone because I love the way it works. That's great. You can do that. But don't discount the fact that smart phones out perform it. Many tests have been done in the detailing world. Just visit the other forums. An informed user/buyer/customer is the most powerful person. He/she then has the power of CHOICE for the best solution/product for him/her.
Old 9/4/14, 04:27 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
I'll give you that... that I may have exaggerated on the "100 times easier" part. Is it truly 100 times? Not sure. Feels like it. Lol.

I was just giving my opinion. That's my prerogative too. And I'll state it again.

Klaase was great when I used it in 2006. Today? I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. I have literally 10 or more products sitting on my shelf that I use for my car/s and my customer's cars that surpass Klaase in every category (that being application, removal, look, and durability). So yes, if you were close by, I'd give you my 2 jugs of Klaase for free.
Z, what do you use? It seems like Wolfgang is one of the top ones, according to the guys on Autogeek. If there's something that's more durable though, I'd switch to it.

Speaking of durability.... Guys, don't use Pinnacle Souverän on a daily driver. The first hard rain you drive in will strip it from where the wheel spray hits. It's unfortunate, but God, does it look good.

I need to figure something else out and just keep the Pinnacle for the two foxes.
Old 9/4/14, 06:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wheelman
The arrogance of some people astounds me. I'm really starting to dislike this forum.
Completely agree. Same trolls criticizing everyone else's decisions.
Old 9/4/14, 06:20 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by SeaFoam
Z, what do you use? It seems like Wolfgang is one of the top ones, according to the guys on Autogeek. If there's something that's more durable though, I'd switch to it. Speaking of durability.... Guys, don't use Pinnacle Souverän on a daily driver. The first hard rain you drive in will strip it from where the wheel spray hits. It's unfortunate, but God, does it look good. I need to figure something else out and just keep the Pinnacle for the two foxes.
For sealants, I use blackfire and 4star. For nubas I use dodo and CG stuff. I detail often, so durability is not as important to me.
Old 9/19/14, 09:38 PM
GT Member

A lil Mustang Tri Color Trunk Trinket.

It's actually a nice little piece of fitted carpet.
Old 9/19/14, 09:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by GoTime
A lil Mustang Tri Color Trunk Trinket. It's actually a nice little piece of fitted carpet.
Where'd you get that?
Old 9/19/14, 10:15 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Where'd you get that?
AmericanMuscle.
Old 9/19/14, 10:29 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll probably pickup an option like that - the trunck NEVER holds anything but when I open it up, I wanna see a tri-bar.... looking at the 5.0 mats to replace stock, will probably buy soon... stock hasn't worn out, I want something nicer...
Old 9/20/14, 05:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Xar
I'll probably pickup an option like that - the trunck NEVER holds anything but when I open it up, I wanna see a tri-bar.... looking at the 5.0 mats to replace stock, will probably buy soon... stock hasn't worn out, I want something nicer...
May I suggest Weathertech digital fit? No Mustang logos, but a fantastic mat.
Old 9/20/14, 05:49 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

Looks really great. I got the GT logo trunk carpet to match the floor mats from AM as well, but the TriBar adds a little color which my black/black sure can use.
Old 9/21/14, 12:10 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
New AMR wheels w/Michelin PS AS/3 tires recently added and quarter window louvers.

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-2014-09-20-12.55.02.jpg
What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-2014-09-20-12.55.34.jpg
Old 9/22/14, 05:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a picture, but went to the track for the first time on Friday. I set up my GPS mount on my rear window and filmed it. Got locked out of 4th though.....might need to get the blowfish bracket

Old 9/22/14, 07:15 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Dfink114
Not a picture, but went to the track for the first time on Friday. I set up my GPS mount on my rear window and filmed it. Got locked out of 4th though.....might need to get the blowfish bracket
Congrats Fink. I would have done the same thing. That is......just keep foot in clutch, 1st gear, ease off clutch, then floor. I would never side step or drop clutch. My times would not be as good, but hey, I'll have a car that drives home
Old 9/22/14, 10:17 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looking nice. where dd u get this.
Old 9/22/14, 01:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fresh oil/filter, rotated the tires, checked out the wear on the brakes. Patiently waiting for my goodies to arrive.
Old 9/22/14, 10:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Installed the Boss 302 quad exhaust (side pipes) this evening- without the restriction plates... Oh well, I got to enjoy my Shaker 500 system for 11,000 miles !

Speedhut shipped my customized gauges today- so the Laguna Seca pod will be going in this weekend!
Old 9/23/14, 06:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Installed a Boss 302 strut tower brace to compliment my new engine cover. Some before and after.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-engine-1-768x576-.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-engine-2-768x576-.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-strut-bar-2-1024x768-.jpg  
Old 9/23/14, 06:41 AM
I Have No Life

^ that looks nice Anthony! Love the bling on the intake tube. How are you liking the BBK?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?