2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Well i pulled the trigger on ordering a 12 gt but now i need

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/11, 02:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Been there done that....and of course it's never forgotten!
Old 6/3/11, 11:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
Mike bro,

I quote the famous Ron White foir you

"Diamonds.........that'll shut her up!"

Sage advice from the 'Tater himself.
Old 6/4/11, 04:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well she kind had i idea i was getting a new stang after she kept asking me "where r u going?" reply "going to the dealer,I"ll be back".Anyway, I made the deal but now i needed her companies PIN Code for the X plan. I asked her for it and she said " they dont do that anymore","youre not getting it"..I knew it was B.S..Next step call her girlfriend that works for the same company and ask her if she could get me the Code since my old lady was in meetings all day....So anyway,she got it for me.Later that night i said to my wifey "hey i spoke to Lisa"..reply "for what?" I asked her if she could get me the codes.I told her i got them and then changed the topic of " she didnt know anything about Xplan her company was offering and that she and her husband were looking to buy a new Explorer.Last night at my Birthday dinner i said "wow about a price of something on the menu" and her reply was "well u have enough to buy a new car"...my reply was none just a look of rolling the eyes"like stop it,its no big deal".On the way home she saw a nice looking Jetta and said whats wrong with that car? No reply here just keep the mouth shut and get home.So for know its cool you can say until the car arrives in the driveway
Old 6/4/11, 07:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was having these kinda of issues with my wife when I was constantly talking about buying the car and I resolved it strategically by getting her a car first. After that she came with me for the test drives, etc etc etc and enjoyed doing it or at least pretended to but she's been fully on board ever since!
Old 6/4/11, 08:11 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by elvism
Well she kind had i idea i was getting a new stang after she kept asking me "where r u going?" reply "going to the dealer,I"ll be back".Anyway, I made the deal but now i needed her companies PIN Code for the X plan. I asked her for it and she said " they dont do that anymore","youre not getting it"..I knew it was B.S..Next step call her girlfriend that works for the same company and ask her if she could get me the Code since my old lady was in meetings all day....So anyway,she got it for me.Later that night i said to my wifey "hey i spoke to Lisa"..reply "for what?" I asked her if she could get me the codes.I told her i got them and then changed the topic of " she didnt know anything about Xplan her company was offering and that she and her husband were looking to buy a new Explorer.Last night at my Birthday dinner i said "wow about a price of something on the menu" and her reply was "well u have enough to buy a new car"...my reply was none just a look of rolling the eyes"like stop it,its no big deal".On the way home she saw a nice looking Jetta and said whats wrong with that car? No reply here just keep the mouth shut and get home.So for know its cool you can say until the car arrives in the driveway

Wow, some themes are SO universal! My wife & I had a similar dynamic as well, but thankfully she finally accepted the fact that I HAD to have this adolescent new car (I had previously been a preacher of the "never buy a new car" philosophy because it rarely makes financial sense), and despite the fact that I'd previously been a Mustang critic (especially when we owned our Corvette).

But her opinion was that if we were going to get a 5.0, then we should get a coupe instead of a convertible, and that Grabber Blue was the best color. I disagreed, bought a white convertible. I'll direct your gaze to my Signature to see how all of that worked out.

Just always make it clear to her (in words AND deeds) that she's more important to you than any car on the planet. For example, wash her car every time you wash your Mustang. Small stuff like that. Good luck to you!
Old 6/4/11, 08:25 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau

It's called an iPod Touch, not an iTouch. That just makes it sound creepy.

and yes im an apple geek
Lol, that kind of sounds like a tittle of a apple xxx flick, with
Old 6/4/11, 09:27 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I usually wait till the ^car shows up or right before I go get it. No sense putting up with the grief now and then again at delivery. Just wait. You're doing her a favor this way.
Thats what I did...I waited til I backed it in the driveway, that way when she comes out of the garage wondering what the noise is...you can just say "surprise!"...look what I bought myself....I used the Birthday present excuse too... It did take awhile before she stopped telling everyone we knew what I did....but, it was worth it!
Old 6/4/11, 09:52 AM
GT Member

Unless she's a complete dolt, sounds like you're already busted.... she's just figuring out HOW badly...

Mebbe you start by telling her how hot she'd look in a new (insert color) Mustang GT...
Old 6/4/11, 10:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmbbo
Mebbe you start by telling her how hot she'd look in a new (insert color) Mustang GT...
Yeah, tell her you were sure she'd love it because other pretty girls are constantly begging for rides in your friend's Mustang.
Old 6/4/11, 10:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Yeah, tell her you were sure she'd love it because other pretty girls are constantly begging for rides in your friend's Mustang.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! That's too freaking funny.
Old 6/4/11, 10:59 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I break the news to my wife when I ordered my Boss302 by showing her a picture of the car and telling her that I was buying it for our 2year old grandson's first car. I promised I would take very good care of it until he turns 18. I did it when our daughter was in town with the grandkid. My wife didn't go too ballistic. The grandson did not seem that excited, but his father (our son-in-law) is.
Old 6/4/11, 04:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jaybertx
I was having these kinda of issues with my wife when I was constantly talking about buying the car and I resolved it strategically by getting her a car first. After that she came with me for the test drives, etc etc etc and enjoyed doing it or at least pretended to but she's been fully on board ever since!
Yeah, my 2011 GT cost me a 2011 Equinox for the wife!
Old 6/4/11, 10:17 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
The simple truth is I make quite a bit more than the wife makes as a teacher. She's happy with that and if i want to get a car she's cool with it.

She gets babies, I get cars. We have 6 each now.