2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

TMS Live from the Detroit Auto Show!

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/10, 06:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man! Does the 2010-2014 body style remind you of the 69 or what! I mean its just orgasmicly beautiful(i hope it`ll look even more like the 69 with the new boss)
Old 1/14/10, 06:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Recaros would be cool. Mind you, my old Ford Capri 2.8injection (European model) had Recaros as standard way back in '84!! Those were some of the best seats I've ever sat in.

I like the seats in my '05, but only from a comfort factor. They certainly don't offer enough side support.

However, my BIGGEST gripe about the seats is that they don't have a "memory" function, so each time someone gets in the back, it takes ages to get the backrest into my correct position. I sure hope the Recaros offer this feature!!

When I lived in Ireland I was in love with the Capri, especially the 2.8 injection...then they came out with the Brooklands 280...I wish Ford would revive the Capri on the Focus platform...AWD
Old 1/14/10, 06:36 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
TN - for many, the Capri was always a bit of a mini-Mustang, so if Ford ever bought it back, I'd want it based on the Mustang! RWD is a must. In the UK, it's amazing how many people with Mustangs used to have Capris. FWD just won't do!

A Focus based AWD coupe would be most welcome, and would be a brilliant car, I'm sure, but I wouldn't want it to be called Capri. Unless Ford are thinking about a Fiesta based coupe (its been rumoured for too long now) then I'd like it to be a new Puma.

(sorry, back on topic now)

Old 1/14/10, 06:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Wink

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
No freakin' way!!!

A special design for Ford?

I don't think I've seen those in a Ford since the 2000 Cobra R, right?

How can that be? Next thing you know you'll be able to get a factory installed roll cage as an option.
RECAROS AND ROLL CAGE...

Old 1/14/10, 06:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
This is a never ending thing, quest for more, better. First thing we'll hear after the front fascia and seats will be more power for the 2012 GT's. Here we go again.
That's how they get ya... more power will be a 2013 or 2014 thing, 2012 will have a SE to draw us in.
Old 1/14/10, 06:42 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Topnotch
RECAROS AND ROLL CAGE...
Can we also expect a Cow-Camo paintjob for the Job2 cars as well then
Old 1/14/10, 07:05 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by RickyD
Ya, better stuff coming in is a never ending story... I am sticking to Job 1 for my 2011 stang... want to enjoy it ASAP in the spring !!

In my area of Canada , we can only use our summer cars for 7 months, and then store it for winter !!
Winter? What's that?

It'll be sixty degrees in December, with the Texas sun out and my windows down. I'll take a picture for ya.
Old 1/14/10, 07:13 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Overboost will have to answer that.

I thought he hinted at maybe even Job 2 for the 2011 didn't he?
Yes, I'm thinking Job 2. We may find out Monday that they're Job 1. Who knows. I spoke with another source and they seem to remember hearing something about them as well.
Old 1/14/10, 08:09 AM
Cobra Member

TN - for many, the Capri was always a bit of a mini-Mustang, so if Ford ever bought it back, I'd want it based on the Mustang! RWD is a must. In the UK, it's amazing how many people with Mustangs used to have Capris. FWD just won't do!

A Focus based AWD coupe would be most welcome, and would be a brilliant car, I'm sure, but I wouldn't want it to be called Capri. Unless Ford are thinking about a Fiesta based coupe (its been rumoured for too long now) then I'd like it to be a new Puma.

(sorry, back on topic now)

Here's another idea for the return of the Capri. Mazda is allegedly thinking about bringing back the RX-7. Since Ford and Mazda frequently do platform sharing, how about using the chassis of the new RX-7 with an entirely different body and an EcoBoost V6 to reincarnate the Mercury Capri?

Or, when they come out with an entirely new Mustang in 2014(?) make a Mercury Capri version. Cut it down a little so it's just a two-seater, give it a "bubble glass" hatchback and blistered fenders like it had in the mid-80's, standard T-tops, and the Mustang's powertrain.
Old 1/14/10, 08:15 AM
GT Member

There's always going to be better, faster, more powerful, better engineering, and the sun will shine everyday rumors. Some will be true, some will be flops, won't know until after it happens. It's time for me to put more order in for the '11 cuz I can't risk missing the summer without the mustang convertible wrapped around me.
Old 1/14/10, 09:13 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by RandyW
Here's another idea for the return of the Capri. Mazda is allegedly thinking about bringing back the RX-7. Since Ford and Mazda frequently do platform sharing, how about using the chassis of the new RX-7 with an entirely different body and an EcoBoost V6 to reincarnate the Mercury Capri?
That would work for me
Old 1/14/10, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Topnotch
RECAROS AND ROLL CAGE...

How old is this picture? You guys might be getting hyped up about something for nothing. Not to be a naysayer, but who's to say this isn't a mule for the BOSS 302R, which comes equiped with a roll cage and a Recaro driver's seat. (Looks like the passenger seat may still be stock??)
Old 1/14/10, 09:25 AM
GTR Member

That's actually a Sparco seat, and the pass. side is the OEM one.

I'm not hyped up too much yet, but if the option is there for the seats, I'm going to get them.
Old 1/14/10, 09:28 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by black_bullitt
How old is this picture? You guys might be getting hyped up about something for nothing. Not to be a naysayer, but who's to say this isn't a mule for the BOSS 302R, which comes equiped with a roll cage and a Recaro driver's seat. (Looks like the passenger seat may still be stock??)

TN was just teasin'. That's an old photo of the GT500 mule
Old 1/14/10, 09:39 AM

LOL, rog... thanks.
Old 1/14/10, 10:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
That's actually a Sparco seat, and the pass. side is the OEM one.

I'm not hyped up too much yet, but if the option is there for the seats, I'm going to get them.
Yeah I was going to say...definitely a Sparco seat.
Old 1/14/10, 10:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

The seats dont seem to be any different in that CS. I'm not sure what you guys are seeing.
Old 1/14/10, 10:51 AM
V6 Member

Do we know for sure yet if the Brembo package will only be available on manual trans? I love the rims that come with it, and the 10" wide tires! The brakes are nice, too, I guess ; )
It also seems that there will be some form of trickle down of last year's track pack parts in the standard suspension. This is a welcome tweak if true.
Will more of this be out in the light on the 18th when order banks open and the guys on here who work at dealerships can look at the packages? I can't wait to see the next build and price page on the Ford Vehicles website. I hope it lets me at least see what Kona Blue looks like with the new yellow as a stripe. Fun times for Ford fans!
Old 1/14/10, 10:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Not only that, but the 302R isn't street legal. Its a race car.
Old 1/14/10, 11:05 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Not only that, but the 302R isn't street legal. Its a race car.
But when driving test mules, all one needs to do is slap on an "M" plate and VIOLA, street legal...

Quick Reply: TMS Live from the Detroit Auto Show!