2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Talk me out of changing my order again to get a GT

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/10, 08:12 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go with the GT. Regret is a horrible thing. If you're honestly sure you can afford the extra money, why compromise? You might not drive it as much, but that's not a bad thing at all. The little you do drive it, you want to feel that rumble, hear that growl, feel yourself pushed back in the seat as 412 horses scream "let us loose"!

I'm not saying the V6 is bad. But when I think "Mustang", I don't think V6. I think 8 cylinder's of unrestrained power.
Old 5/9/10, 08:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hmmm, try to talk you out of it? Is this your first Mustang? If not, have any Mustangs in the past been V8's? If not, then I think you'll be happy with a V6. My first Mustang 22 years ago, back when I was 18, was a V8 and for me that solidified the "Mustang experience" as including a V8. The three Mustangs that have followed have also been V8's. I've liked the idea of a more powerful base V6, starting in 1999, then a little more in 2005, and especially now with the new V6 in the 2011's, but I'm not sure I could personally live with a V6. If you haven't been "spoiled" with a V8 in a Mustang I'd say a V6 will be a good first Mustang for you.
Old 5/9/10, 08:22 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Seriously though. You chose a V6 to start with based on your gut. Stick with it. You will be happy.
But Gary, didn't post on another thread how great your V8 GT/CS is at stress relief during the week?
Old 5/9/10, 08:25 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
But Gary, didn't post on another thread how great your V8 GT/CS is at stress relief during the week?

Yeah. But my gut told me to get a V8 and add a supercharger. Everybody's gut is different.
Old 5/9/10, 08:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have a sack between your legs get the V8! What guy wants a V6? V6's are for women or women like individuals. They should not even allow V6's in Mustangs, Camaro's and Challenger's. The V6 is a secretaries car. You better have your testosterone levels checked if you want a V6. Grow a pair and get the V8. Screw money. You can get hit by a bus in 6 months and on your death bed you will be saying i could have had a V8!
Old 5/9/10, 08:30 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
If you have a sack between your legs get the V8! What guy wants a V6? V6's are for women or women like individuals. They should not even allow V6's in Mustangs, Camaro's and Challenger's. The V6 is a secretaries car. You better have your testosterone levels checked if you want a V6. Grow a pair and get the V8. Screw money. You can get hit by a bus in 6 months and on your death bed you will be saying i could have had a V8!
"OUCH"!!!!!
Old 5/9/10, 08:33 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 5/9/10, 08:39 PM
V6 Member

Not to hijack the thread but **** is everyone looking to pay 600+ for their cars? I definitely understand the OP doing 36 months at 0%. That can definitely increase the price but Not paying interest is a bonus.

If you are on the fence about the V6 vs the V8 and the difference in monthly bill and overall price are insignificant to you then go ahead and do it. The extra 100hp is worth it to me.
Old 5/9/10, 08:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyway if you don't have to drive to work definitely get th GT!
It's better to change it now and you're still buying a car from the dealer and a more expensive one so they won't mind changing your order.
Old 5/9/10, 08:51 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You can get hit by a bus in 6 months and on your death bed you will be saying i could have had a V8!
Wow can I relate to that! Must have been why I ordered the B on a credit card -
before I figured out the rest. LOL

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/16/13 at 02:55 PM.
Old 5/9/10, 08:54 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
So let me get this straight...

It is the opinion of some that having a V6 means you lack a pair of the parts required to be a man?

I realize its all in jest, but there must be some truth to it, to even be remotely funny. If it is.
Old 5/9/10, 09:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ministang
Hmmm, try to talk you out of it? Is this your first Mustang? If not, have any Mustangs in the past been V8's? If not, then I think you'll be happy with a V6. My first Mustang 22 years ago, back when I was 18, was a V8 and for me that solidified the "Mustang experience" as including a V8. The three Mustangs that have followed have also been V8's. I've liked the idea of a more powerful base V6, starting in 1999, then a little more in 2005, and especially now with the new V6 in the 2011's, but I'm not sure I could personally live with a V6. If you haven't been "spoiled" with a V8 in a Mustang I'd say a V6 will be a good first Mustang for you.
This will be my first mustang. The only other car I've ever owned is a 4cyl 1994 Honda Accord. I still drive it now.

I test drove a 2007 V6 Mustang and a 2007 GT Mustang a few weeks ago. I didn't care for the V6's power or sound; loved the V8. I still remember how that test drive felt.

So I imagine coming from my Honda Accord, the V6 Stang will feel like a rocket. But I HAVE been corrupted by that GT test drive...
Old 5/9/10, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Steven
Go with the GT. Regret is a horrible thing. If you're honestly sure you can afford the extra money, why compromise? You might not drive it as much, but that's not a bad thing at all. The little you do drive it, you want to feel that rumble, hear that growl, feel yourself pushed back in the seat as 412 horses scream "let us loose"!

I'm not saying the V6 is bad. But when I think "Mustang", I don't think V6. I think 8 cylinder's of unrestrained power.
Exactly, get the GT and enjoy.
Old 5/9/10, 09:53 PM

I must be in the minority, I'd stick with the 6. I'm not sure how many people here jumped from 150 horse fwd to 400 plus rwd. I'd bet most people here either went from the 150 hp fwd to the 4.6L or cut their teeth on 225 ish fox bodies. Having driven rwd all my life with one fwd as my winter beater, its a whole new experience in bad weather.

The new 6 won't beat a stock 05-10 GT, but I know it'll hang close, expecially if its from a roll. Think about it this way. I gave Dodge a chance. If the 3.7 can stay in the same league as the 2010 GT it'll take a Challenger R/T no question, which is what 370ish horses? It'll probably be on par with an SRT8, which for the record they only ask around 50 grand for. The 3.7 sounds pretty darned good at rev too. Watch the new Mustang commercial when they rev it up. Thats a mean, mean sound. If I'm you I'm sticking to the V6. Saving the money I'd otherwise pay on the GT and in 2014, I'd have a nice downpayment and a good solid trade in on whatever they bring out then. You'll get used to the power, have a huge grin the entire time wondering how you ever got by with the Accord's powerplant and in the end have something that will make the 2011 GTs look slow.
Old 5/9/10, 10:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Genot
I must be in the minority, I'd stick with the 6. I'm not sure how many people here jumped from 150 horse fwd to 400 plus rwd. I'd bet most people here either went from the 150 hp fwd to the 4.6L or cut their teeth on 225 ish fox bodies. Having driven rwd all my life with one fwd as my winter beater, its a whole new experience in bad weather.

The new 6 won't beat a stock 05-10 GT, but I know it'll hang close, expecially if its from a roll. Think about it this way. I gave Dodge a chance. If the 3.7 can stay in the same league as the 2010 GT it'll take a Challenger R/T no question, which is what 370ish horses? It'll probably be on par with an SRT8, which for the record they only ask around 50 grand for. The 3.7 sounds pretty darned good at rev too. Watch the new Mustang commercial when they rev it up. Thats a mean, mean sound. If I'm you I'm sticking to the V6. Saving the money I'd otherwise pay on the GT and in 2014, I'd have a nice downpayment and a good solid trade in on whatever they bring out then. You'll get used to the power, have a huge grin the entire time wondering how you ever got by with the Accord's powerplant and in the end have something that will make the 2011 GTs look slow.
I just noticed that the Dodge Challenger R/T gets 0-60 anywhere from 5.5-5.9 seconds. That means a Stang V6 beats the V8 Challenger RT. So theoretically, wouldn't the V6 stang feel more powerful?

edit: Just noticed the SRT8 gets 0-60 anywhere from 5.1 to 5.5. So theoretically my Stang V6 ties with the SRT? WHAT?

Last edited by jokerstars; 5/9/10 at 10:03 PM.
Old 5/9/10, 10:11 PM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

get the GT but remove some of your options like the glass roof is what i'd do... in the end though, we all have different preferences and its important to try and order something to your preferences.
Old 5/9/10, 10:11 PM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
I just noticed that the Dodge Challenger R/T gets 0-60 anywhere from 5.5-5.9 seconds. That means a Stang V6 beats the V8 Challenger RT. So theoretically, wouldn't the V6 stang feel more powerful?

edit: Just noticed the SRT8 gets 0-60 anywhere from 5.1 to 5.5. So theoretically my Stang V6 ties with the SRT? WHAT?
the SRT8 will be under 5 for sure, count on it
Old 5/9/10, 10:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

You're right about the SRT. But I'm still shocked the 2011 V6 beats the 375hp RT.
Old 5/9/10, 10:41 PM

Dunno how the 2011 Challys will play out, but I tested a 2010 GT before placing my 2011 GT order. On the way out I tested an SRT8. Butt dyno only, but the SRT8 seemed a shade slower. Very spacious very nicely styled car. Don't get me wrong. The pistol grip shifter was sweet, the battery in the trunk was a nice balance touch, but I'd rather take a 2010 GT unless I had kids or a reason to place them in my pony. The GT premium I tested stickered at 2/3rds what the SRT8 did. I'd rather have a Shelby at that price thanks. The R/T is quick, but again I'd take a Mustang 3.7 at half the price any day of the week. Those Challengers are pure sex in the body style, but the Mustang isn't bad at all, has a pretty sick interior and lets face it, raw power brings out everyone's inner animal.

I live in a place chock full of Bimmers, Mercs (even Bugattis, Lambos, name it) and Audis (much like the OP). Two Lotus(i) street park by me. I wanted to be different. I don't have mine yet, but for the record, everyone man or woman I know wants to see what is so cool about this new Mustang I talk about. You've got a beautiful package selected. Nobody will believe its a Mustang who doesn't know any better. The power will wow them. Ditch it and go for the 5.0 and you'll have an animal that will leave M3 drivers jealous. If you have the scratch get a loaded GT and yeah... you'll be a popular guy.
Old 5/9/10, 10:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

So you changed your mind, Genot? I should get the V8?

Quick Reply: Talk me out of changing my order again to get a GT