2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Storage or daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/12 | 01:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JCStang

Which is why I would never buy a used Mustang!!! There is a big difference between "getting on it" and "beating the crap out of it"....
I'd buy yours, it's brand new.
Old 5/5/12 | 01:27 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Like I said before.. Not using a mustang is like dating a hot chick and not sleeping with her.
Old 5/5/12 | 01:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Flagstang
Like I said before.. Not using a mustang is like dating a hot chick and not sleeping with her.
Don't worry you'll never have that problem.
Old 5/5/12 | 01:40 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Don't worry you'll never have that problem.
true.. married.

I will always be far more impressed by a guy that has 250,000 miles on this mustang. Its like a wiener.. The guy that traveled to thailand will have way better stories then the guy that lives in his moms basement.
Old 5/5/12 | 01:45 PM
Banned

true.. married.

I will always be far more impressed by a guy that has 250,000 miles on this mustang. Its like a wiener.. The guy that traveled to thailand will have way better stories then the guy that lives in his moms basement.
You had to go and choke up a wiener reference, didn't you? lol
Old 5/5/12 | 01:46 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

You had to go and choke up a wiener reference, didn't you? lol
you know it
Old 5/5/12 | 02:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Glad I don't live in my moms basement lol but my stang lives in a garage 29 days of the month ha. I've served around the world,... Seen and done a lot of things. Opposed from your opinion, I'd be more impressed seeing my mustang in near flawless condition with less than 10k miles on her in 20 years then I'd be seeing her rusty and beaten up with 250000 or more miles on her. I see how you'd be impressed that a stang would have 250000 miles on her without needing major work done after driving it like its "supposed" to be driven. I could care less what people do with their possessions, it's theirs. I just have my own desires for my mustang by keeping her in the garage with a car cover on her( I live in the az desert and sand gets inside the garage more than I'd like).
Old 5/5/12 | 02:47 PM
Cobra Member

true.. married.

I'd rather spend time in my mothers basement than go to Thailand.....
Old 5/5/12 | 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

I would hate to go to my grave saying "That Mustang was a blast, all 2136 miles I drove it in the last 30 years......what a ride."

.....and Thailand was good back in the early 70's........
Old 5/5/12 | 03:13 PM
Cobra Member

To each his own....
Old 5/5/12 | 03:14 PM
Cobra Member

But when i do go to my grave, I bet my kids would like to get my mint condition Mustang over one that has been beat to hell...
Old 5/5/12 | 03:22 PM
Banned

But when i do go to my grave, I bet my kids would like to get my mint condition Mustang over one that has been beat to hell...
How old are you?
Old 5/5/12 | 03:45 PM
Cobra Member

How old are you?

54...but you never know, on one side I have relatives who lived into their 90's, but my brother died 20 years ago at the age of 32 of a rare cancer. I did my share of beating on cars when I was younger like my 64 389 Tri-power GTO, my 73 Charger, my 78 Trans Am with t/a6.6, my 84 Z-28, my 87 Mustang GT...so now that I have "matured" a little i try and take care of my cars...like i said getting on them and beating them are 2 different things and a lot of the video's on YouTube are of kids beating the hell out of their cars. But like I said to each his own...
Old 5/5/12 | 03:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Weekend warrior!
Old 5/5/12 | 04:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

I've had mine coming up on two years and I have close to 7K miles. It's my second car, sort of a weekend vehicle. I have rock chips, and other anomalies. I drive it as often as I can, but to be honest I really don't have the time to drive it as much as I would like.

The guy that wipes the dust off his 10 year old Mustang with 2K miles on it enjoys his car just as much as the guy with a 2012 with 60K miles. It's all about what makes YOU happy.
Old 5/5/12 | 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Petunia
why were 324 miles on the car when delivered??? didn't you get it brand new?
It was technically new, but it was a transfer from a dealer in OKC to Dallas. That's a little over a 200 mile drive. I am not sure where the other ~124 miles came from.

I'm not particularly proud of my low-mileage, just showing solidarity with my other low-mileage Mustang owners.

Like others, mine was purchased to be a toy and not a daily driver, but I have 2 problems limiting my mileage. First, I don't drive that much. Office is only 9 miles round trip and I work from home 1 - 2 days a week. Second, I just flat work too much. Day-dreaming of coming home from work and going out for a drive is a great thought, but the reality of big city traffic combined with hitting the couch after long hours takes a lot of the joy out of the moment ..

I'm a car guy, always have been … got a 1970 Olds Cutlass I've been restoring for 10 years now. Just never have the time or energy to get it done.

Last edited by shang442; 5/5/12 at 09:41 PM.
Old 5/5/12 | 06:03 PM
Cobra Member

Just because they are driven does not indicate they are beat to hell....

My Dad passed on at 84. One of the things we always talked about was the things he did not do for enjoyment because of one thing or another....he drove his older vehicles and enjoyed every minute of them. Sold them and bought something else to enjoy.....rode motorcycles up until 6 mos. before he died. I would hate to say my Dad did not drive a vehicle so I could have it...

As said, to each his own.... I do wonder how well the plastic on today's cars will hold up in 20+ years. A lot of he plastic in '90s vehicles is cracking just from age, even well preserved ones I have seen.
Old 5/5/12 | 06:52 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by Thamac15
Glad I don't live in my moms basement lol but my stang lives in a garage 29 days of the month ha. I've served around the world,... Seen and done a lot of things. Opposed from your opinion, I'd be more impressed seeing my mustang in near flawless condition with less than 10k miles on her in 20 years then I'd be seeing her rusty and beaten up with 250000 or more miles on her. I see how you'd be impressed that a stang would have 250000 miles on her without needing major work done after driving it like its "supposed" to be driven. I could care less what people do with their possessions, it's theirs. I just have my own desires for my mustang by keeping her in the garage with a car cover on her( I live in the az desert and sand gets inside the garage more than I'd like).
I was trying to say its like you are making your car live in your moms basement. Cars are made to be used and repaired and upgraded. The most valued cars on the planet are race cars that were race driven and wrecked/damaged and repaired. I live in AZ also. Just because a car has low miles doesnt mean its in good shape. How will you know if you have a bad motor if it never gets to get out and run?
Old 5/5/12 | 06:57 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

54...but you never know, on one side I have relatives who lived into their 90's, but my brother died 20 years ago at the age of 32 of a rare cancer. I did my share of beating on cars when I was younger like my 64 389 Tri-power GTO, my 73 Charger, my 78 Trans Am with t/a6.6, my 84 Z-28, my 87 Mustang GT...so now that I have "matured" a little i try and take care of my cars...like i said getting on them and beating them are 2 different things and a lot of the video's on YouTube are of kids beating the hell out of their cars. But like I said to each his own...
If you want to give your kids something of value get them a bond or a cd. Cars will not be worth much in the coming future. I daily drive my car and I take better care of it then most. Whats some kids on youtube have to do with using a car?
Old 5/6/12 | 12:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Flagstang is exactly right, these cars aren't in the same class as the 60's and early 70's Mustangs, or any of the muscle cars from that era. They're just not. These mustangs (the S197) will stand up well compared to previous ones and possibly the next Mustang (depending entirely upon how appealing it is), but 40 years from now they won't be what a '68 fastback is now. In fact, about the only Mustang that has a chance to be that is the '13 GT500 because of the engine (can't imagine Ford will ever put a 650hp powerplant in a car again after 2014). Even that won't be as valued. Hell, 40 years from now we're all going to be driving around on corn anyway, which means the engines we're running on now will be antiques and useless.

I understand the want to preserve it, but...geez, what a waste. It's not nearly as pretty sitting in your driveway or garage as it is running on the streets. It just isn't.

Quick Reply: Storage or daily driver