Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I have other cars

just more fun to drive the fun car.

this was amazing in the snow

but not a fun as
Old 4/29/12 | 05:59 PM
V6 Member

I bought it to enjoy when the weather is nice. It'll be pretty much a dd during summer but garaged in winter due to the road salt use in this area. Our 3 dogs won't fit in it either so the Focus Wagon will continue to serve frequently.
Old 4/29/12 | 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

I daily mine, I live in New England, but I bought it to dd in light of the fact that my next duty station is Quantico, VA, and then Pensacola, FL.
Old 4/29/12 | 08:26 PM

Just placed an order for a 2013 GT. It will be my only car and I will DD it approx 33k miles/yr. I will need to drive it during Winter as well; I live in the Midwest. If I had another car, then I would only drive it in the Summer, but I would still drive it every day. I have no problem with people that choose to garage it most of the time, but my outlook is that I won't be able to take it with me when I die...
Old 4/29/12 | 09:00 PM
V6 Member

500 miles in 2 weeks....
Old 4/29/12 | 09:10 PM
Bullitt Member

I picked mine up May 20, '11. On Oct 15, '11, 5 months later, I passed 10K miles. Went from Norfolk to Philly, then to TN, to Pensacola, back to Norfolk, Philly again, then Myrtle Beach for MW. I past 10K moving down here to the Keys. Since Oct though I've put 3K on her. I have an S10 I use as a DD which Ive also put 24K on Since July 2010.

Last edited by Ordie; 4/29/12 at 09:22 PM.
Old 4/29/12 | 09:56 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

This is my 3rd S197, and they were all bought purely to be a toy and nothing else. I didn't even think about what they would be worth in the future, I didn't care what the fuel mileage was, I bought them because I wanted a good looking shiny toy to cruise around in and have a little fun, and because I could. I want them to look pristine every time I take them out, and I have other stuff to drive for everyday transportation, no use in driving these into the ground when I don't have to.

Had the last one for 3 years and put 9000 miles on it. I've had this on for 14 months, and it has 3800 miles on it. I don't drive them in the rain, I don't even drive them if it looks like it may rain, I don't leave them in parking lots, I don't drive them down ****ty roads, I don't care if it gets 15 mpg, and I don't give a **** if anyone thinks I'm crazy for treating it the way I do. I paid for it with my money, and I'll do damned well what I please with it.
Old 4/29/12 | 09:56 PM
GT Member

For the most part, I enjoy this forum. Every now an then, some threads come along that just make me scratch my head. Not necessarily the thread subject (although I've seen those too). Rather, some of the replies.

Why do so many members feel they have to judge others' preferences?!? Reminds me of the kids in grammar school that used to put others down so they could feel better about themselves. No, you don't have to kiss up to others - but if you don't have something useful to say, just leave it.

Maybe some folks have other cars - and other interests in life. Just because I have a Versace suit doesn't mean I want to wear it everywhere - but when I do, I sure enjoy the heck out of it. Same with my Mustang.

Drive it how you like it. And respect others. Or just move on.
Old 4/29/12 | 10:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lava Dude
For the most part, I enjoy this forum. Every now an then, some threads come along that just make me scratch my head. Not necessarily the thread subject (although I've seen those too). Rather, some of the replies.

Why do so many members feel they have to judge others' preferences?!? Reminds me of the kids in grammar school that used to put others down so they could feel better about themselves. No, you don't have to kiss up to others - but if you don't have something useful to say, just leave it.

Maybe some folks have other cars - and other interests in life. Just because I have a Versace suit doesn't mean I want to wear it everywhere - but when I do, I sure enjoy the heck out of it. Same with my Mustang.

Drive it how you like it. And respect others. Or just move on.
Welcome to the Internet and prepare to be judged. If you don't like it...
Old 4/29/12 | 10:06 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

people bring up opinion because this is a forum of discussion. If people did nto want feedback they would not post or even come to a forum.

Lets think of the forum like burger king.. you walk into burger king and ask the lady "whats good" and then get mad when she says " the double bacon cheese whooper".
Old 4/29/12 | 10:07 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
its kinda funny thats hes judging others for judging.

Last edited by Flagstang; 4/29/12 at 10:36 PM.
Old 4/29/12 | 10:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Flagstang

its kinda funny thats hes jidging others for judging.
I guess he lives in fantasy land, because real life is ALL about judgement.
Old 4/29/12 | 10:11 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I also think the main thing here is that some people think they bought a bond or 401l when they bought a mustang. These cars will not be up on BJ some day going for 1967 shelby money. By keeping these locked away you are not saving them from the world but making the world a far less cool place. I find it silly to worry about rock chips and rain because one day that very car will be no more.
Old 4/29/12 | 10:13 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

well you know those cali people

Old 4/29/12 | 10:16 PM
Banned

He's Northern, that's a COMPLETELY different animal from Southern.
Old 4/29/12 | 10:18 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

socal food is better
Old 4/29/12 | 10:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

its kinda funny thats hes jidging others for judging.
****. From my mind to your fingertips.
Old 4/29/12 | 10:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine is more of a weekend car, car shows, race etc. I have had it since Nov 11 and it has 1100 miles. Wish I drove it more, but have work vehilce that I use most of time. When I was younger most of my mustangs were daily drivers and I enjoyed all of those cars. Over the past 4-5 years most of the mustangs I have owned have been garage queens, and have sold all of them. Maybe I neeed to just driver more?
Old 4/29/12 | 11:04 PM
GT Member

people bring up opinion because this is a forum of discussion. If people did nto want feedback they would not post or even come to a forum.

Lets think of the forum like burger king.. you walk into burger king and ask the lady "whats good" and then get mad when she says " the double bacon cheese whooper".
its kinda funny thats hes judging others for judging.

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
****. From my mind to your fingertips.

I'm not surprised in the least. If you don't have anything better to do, have fun with it.

I DO have better things going on - so c'ya!
Old 4/29/12 | 11:45 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I can post while doing other things.. thats why they make smart phones. I am sure we all are as busy as you.

Quick Reply: Storage or daily driver