2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Shifter Help

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/14, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm seriously thinking about getting this even though I have a MGW. It just makes sense to have the shifter tied to the transmission completely if you want a perfect shift. A manual trans shifter should torque over when shifting through the gears. Its like having a shaker hood scoop. I'll personally like the shifter feedback.

The only thing I am worried about is the MGW shield. Not for NVH but for the heat protection it gives to the MGW. I am curious what others will do with the shield during install of the rear Blowfish bracket.

BTW I was going to order the bracket but noticed the Blowfish Racing site has been down the last day or so.

Last edited by RaceRed-GT; 8/8/14 at 09:01 PM.
Old 8/11/14, 09:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by RaceRed-GT
I'm seriously thinking about getting this even though I have a MGW. It just makes sense to have the shifter tied to the transmission completely if you want a perfect shift. A manual trans shifter should torque over when shifting through the gears. Its like having a shaker hood scoop. I'll personally like the shifter feedback.

The only thing I am worried about is the MGW shield. Not for NVH but for the heat protection it gives to the MGW. I am curious what others will do with the shield during install of the rear Blowfish bracket.

BTW I was going to order the bracket but noticed the Blowfish Racing site has been down the last day or so.
It is back up, and I think a few people who have MGW's have said they will trim the shield to make it fit.
Old 8/12/14, 06:44 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I am not sure about this BlowFish Mount. The Shifter mounts threw a busing to the Floor of the car. The sifter housing is on a Rod connected to the transmission with a bushing that will allow it to move up and down. The new bracket does away with any movement. That will of course have more NVH. When you are driving hard and the drive train moves the Shifter will now move as well. I will wait for all to give a better review.

I am also waiting to see what Ford has done to Fix this problem. I am not seeing any problems with my Factory shifter. After 20 min of driving shifts great.

Last edited by Jazzman442; 8/12/14 at 06:46 AM.
Old 8/12/14, 10:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
I am not sure about this BlowFish Mount. The Shifter mounts threw a busing to the Floor of the car. The sifter housing is on a Rod connected to the transmission with a bushing that will allow it to move up and down. The new bracket does away with any movement. That will of course have more NVH. When you are driving hard and the drive train moves the Shifter will now move as well. I will wait for all to give a better review.

I am also waiting to see what Ford has done to Fix this problem. I am not seeing any problems with my Factory shifter. After 20 min of driving shifts great.
With the bracket the shifter no longer mounts to the car using the bushing that attaches to the trans tunnel therefore no extra noise will be transmitted into the cabin via the trans tunnel, take a look at the pictures again. What the bracket does is change the remote mounted shifter into a solid trans mounted shifter, same as the T56. Shortly after September I am sure you will start to see reviews as I think all but 4 of the 200 units have sold.

Last edited by Brandon302; 8/12/14 at 10:04 AM.
Old 8/12/14, 10:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon302
With the bracket the shifter no longer mounts to the car using the bushing that attaches to the trans tunnel therefore no extra noise will be transmitted into the cabin via the trans tunnel, take a look at the pictures again. What the bracket does is change the remote mounted shifter into a solid trans mounted shifter, same as the T56. Shortly after September I am sure you will start to see reviews as I think all but 4 of the 200 units have sold.
Does it transmit more vibration and noise into the cabin. Ford has said they found the issues of the old mount and trans and are fixing it with a new shift rod and new mount. Does anyone know of have seen it?
Old 8/12/14, 11:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Does it transmit more vibration and noise into the cabin. Ford has said they found the issues of the old mount and trans and are fixing it with a new shift rod and new mount. Does anyone know of have seen it?
I have been the only one beta'ing the unit to have noticed noise coming into the cabin and as I said that is because I pulled the shifter up against the trans tunnel rather then allowing it to rest between the bracket and the gasket that goes around the shifter housing, so I would say no it doesn't increase NVH if you install it properly/not touching the trans tunnel (which it doesn't look like it does when in the stock configuration). I bet Ford has fixed the issue or believe to have fixed it however if they have the shifter mounted to the body still then I can imagine people will still get missed shifts when the car rolls.
Old 8/12/14, 03:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not seeing any problems with my Factory shifter. After 20 min of driving shifts great.
I have a 15 minute drive to work.

When do I get to experience this great shifting?

After the Blowfish shifter mount is installed.