Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: MT-82 Shifting Issues or Not
I have/had a 2011/12 6spd with Notchy/Rough/Grinding etc.
36.14%
I never had ANY issues with my 6 spd 2011/12
63.86%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: MT-82 Shifting Issues or Not

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/11, 10:42 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ssimaniac
"On your radar" like really, what are we in high school? You are on an internet message board, you don't fly planes or save lives.
How do you know I don't fly planes or save lives?
I don't think you realize how many members are on this board or how many complaints or PMs I get on a regular basis...

but there's a proper way to complain...don't send me pm's directly.
If I'm on my BB or busy flying planes and saving lives, getting to your complaint is the last thing on my mind. Report the posts like you should be and have it dealt with there. There are other mods here besides me. We are all busy.
Old 5/21/11, 11:20 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!
Old 5/21/11, 01:24 PM
GT Member

I would imagine most people saying they've had problems are due to the notchy shifts...which I believe should be removed from this poll as those are not serious issues.

Another poll with that removed would make more sense to me.
Old 5/21/11, 02:46 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The infamous water leak issues in 05-09 affected a LOT of people.
What water leaks? Haven't read that one before. Nor have I experienced one drop.

Originally Posted by Timeless
I would imagine most people saying they've had problems are due to the notchy shifts...which I believe should be removed from this poll as those are not serious issues.

Another poll with that removed would make more sense to me.
You know there's a lot of guys that had older Mustangs and love the notchy shifter - and installed Hurst's in their S197 just because they like that feel.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/21/11 at 02:47 PM.
Old 5/21/11, 02:59 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cdynaco
What water leaks? Haven't read that one before. Nor have I experienced one drop.
It was an early '05 build issue, something related to the wiring harness and a grommet going into the cabin that would allow water to get into the passenger compartment. I know about that one all too well.
Old 5/21/11, 05:16 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
It was an early '05 build issue, something related to the wiring harness and a grommet going into the cabin that would allow water to get into the passenger compartment. I know about that one all too well.
Landed up getting water in the passenger comp. and into the smart junction box causing a whole whack of nice issues.

IIRC people usually experienced it after changing their cabin air filter.
Old 5/21/11, 06:54 PM

Duh? But you wanted poll results, didn't you? You kept asking, so there are numbers to illustrate a point.

Either way, I'm done. The fan base here is pretty **** strong so I have nothing else to say to anyone.
Dude, what is your definition of DONE? You had 23 posts after this one in one thread! With you and that maniac jmatero endlessly, epically ranting, it's no wonder that AFM thread is 4000 pages long. Those threads are no longer technical or informative in nature, they're just propaganda.

Also, the odds of jmatero having 3 bad transmissions in a row (assuming a VERY liberal 10% failure rate) are 1 in One Thousand. Now either he is EXTREMELY unlucky, there is something else wrong with his car, or he doesn't know how to drive. If I were him, I wouldn't be trumpeting this fact because it actually hurts his mission (being e-famous).
Old 5/22/11, 03:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SolidAxle
Dude, what is your definition of DONE? You had 23 posts after this one in one thread! With you and that maniac jmatero endlessly, epically ranting, it's no wonder that AFM thread is 4000 pages long. Those threads are no longer technical or informative in nature, they're just propaganda.

Also, the odds of jmatero having 3 bad transmissions in a row (assuming a VERY liberal 10% failure rate) are 1 in One Thousand. Now either he is EXTREMELY unlucky, there is something else wrong with his car, or he doesn't know how to drive. If I were him, I wouldn't be trumpeting this fact because it actually hurts his mission (being e-famous).
I don't care about jmatero or his issues. I care about my own and I want a fix for it. As you can see, clearly on each poll (AFM, TMS, etc.) it's at least 30% of users. I'm not saying it's 30% of all produced mustangs, but it's a pretty sporadic problems that each day someone new gets it. Something is going on here, and it's not a driver error, or abuse.

If you want a realistic number, chat with your service manager and see how many complaints they've been having with the MT-82.
Old 5/22/11, 07:50 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
... I'm not saying it's 30% of all produced mustangs...
There might be a more accutate poll provided by a less bias news organization should it choose to investigate. I provided links to the alledged issues and topic threads from multiple sites. The response was receptive although non commital as to actually developing into a worthy broadcast news story.
Old 5/23/11, 12:43 AM
GT Member

Yes, TMS has to have it's own poll which was requested by a few fellow members. So please vote in regards to the MT-82 so we can get some idea based on THIS board.

Thank you.
It's amazing how much you spam all the mustang sites with these unscientific polls which mean nothing. Again... you need a basic stats class.... even basic math would do.
Old 5/23/11, 12:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most ridiculously worded poll ever. Lumping notchy in there with everything else is stupid and was only done to help your cause. Mine is notchy 1-2 and 2-3 shift when cool. My '05 was the same. I voted no problems!
Old 5/23/11, 12:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
How do you know I don't fly planes or save lives?
I don't think you realize how many members are on this board or how many complaints or PMs I get on a regular basis...

but there's a proper way to complain...don't send me pm's directly.
If I'm on my BB or busy flying planes and saving lives, getting to your complaint is the last thing on my mind. Report the posts like you should be and have it dealt with there. There are other mods here besides me. We are all busy.
Boomer flew his plane to my house and saved my life once. He then flew back to the Great White North before I could thank him. Thanks Boomer!
Old 5/23/11, 05:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Check under your floor mats after a rain storm. Even my 2009 took on quite a bit of water. It was my one and only complaint with the car though. It was flawless otherwise.
Old 5/23/11, 06:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Understanding that at least some of these responses are probably related to misconceptions of what defines "problematic notchiness" this is still a disturbing percentage of people who are reporting problems.

My transmission has been FINE so far but 4700 miles and 0 power shifts may be helping.
Old 5/23/11, 06:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by brycerichert
It's amazing how much you spam all the mustang sites with these unscientific polls which mean nothing. Again... you need a basic stats class.... even basic math would do.
This is the only poll I ever created, Bryce (since it was asked by a few fellow TMS members). Thank you for your input though with your professional opinion on the subject matter and giving a thorough statistical analysis.

Last edited by ssimaniac; 5/23/11 at 06:51 AM.
Old 5/23/11, 07:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not sure about water in the older ones but I left my car outside in the rain last night and we got lots on rain(filled a 5 gallon bucket over night I had outside) and my car was bone dry in the morning. Just saying

Last edited by hahnsolo78; 5/23/11 at 07:07 AM.
Old 5/23/11, 11:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by hahnsolo78
I'm not sure about water in the older ones but I left my car outside in the rain last night and we got lots on rain(filled a 5 gallon bucket over night I had outside) and my car was bone dry in the morning. Just saying
I think/hope they fixed this problem with the '10+ cars... but even still, I believe this comes from water that splashes against the floor boards while driving.
Old 5/23/11, 04:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Have about 3000 miles now. Still have a slight grind into second and third while cold unless I ease it in. Seems to get better when warmed up, but still bugs me. I'm not sure if I want to do the tsb to a lighter weight fluid as some have ended up with more gear noise in the cabin, and I use the car mostly on the highway. The noise would effect more of my experience than the shifting issue. All 9 of my other mustangs have been manuals except 1, so I'm not a novice. My gut says something isn't exactly right. Hopefully there will be a better fix than changing the tranny oil in the future.
Old 5/24/11, 01:57 PM
Banned

30 people have had some sort of problem, 53 haven't.