2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
View Poll Results: MT-82 Shifting Issues or Not
I have/had a 2011/12 6spd with Notchy/Rough/Grinding etc.
36.14%
I never had ANY issues with my 6 spd 2011/12
63.86%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: MT-82 Shifting Issues or Not

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/11, 03:21 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll still maintain that for those of you with skip-shift engaged, it can cause some misdirection in the way the shifter feels. Once removed, it's a totally different feeling.
Old 5/20/11, 03:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
First, I understand all of you with these problems. It is very frustrating to have a new car and have problems, of any sort, but more so with a transmission. My suggestion, for Ford, is to step and put a 100,000 mile warranty on the transmission, just as VW did with it's new DSG, which was creating problems for owners. Not a big deal for a corporation to do, and it would help ease the concerns on some people's minds about long term reliabilty. For those with serious, documented repeat problems, I would suggest Ford replace their cars with ones equipped with the six speed auto, or refund their money, minus a payment for miles driven, such as is used with a leased car.

I am happy with my car, and I have never hit the skip shift, in 10,000 miles, most likely because of where I live and how I use the car. Hard shifting in winter, you bet, but at -25, I don't work really well either. I warm it a bit, and then double clutch until the the transmission heats up and it shifts fine. But that is me. I really think Fords PR folks need to get on top of this. Just my .02
Old 5/20/11, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ssimaniac
Duh? But you wanted poll results, didn't you? You kept asking, so there are numbers to illustrate a point.

Either way, I'm done. The fan base here is pretty **** strong so I have nothing else to say to anyone.
Thanks for playing, don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out...
Old 5/20/11, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by JobeNole44
The BMW issue was an inherent issue with ALL N54 engines. There were massive failure rates with the high pressure pumps replaced. So far, I have heard of 2 people, you and JMatero, having transmissions fail and get replaced. 2!!!!! I think it is comical that you guys compare failed turbos to notchy shifting.
^^This.
Old 5/20/11, 06:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
That's the whole point. EVERYONE here has bought something from a store and returned it if didn't work (or had it fixed). That's the whole point of a warranty, exchange policy. Same should apply to cars. I have already filed a lemon, as I have already said this. It takes times to get it rolling. I do not want to spend thousands of dollars to go aftermarket since I already paid 40k to Ford. I want it to work.

I'm not spamming any boards. This is the only thread I have created and it is nothing against Ford or any members. Simple poll. I do post in those threads created by others, joining in with others for our cause. I have been following this crap for about a year now. I can confirm at least 200 individual members (as a fact) that have complained about the new MT82. God knows how big it is outside the Forums. We have no idea, or any clue. It's just speculation. We all have every right to complain on a public message board and to bash Ford. They're not fixing our 40k problems, so why shouldn't we be heard?
Didn't you try to lemon law your last Mustang too for multiple problems that they could never fix? I really feel for you, you must have the worst luck in the world. I'd stay away from thunderstorms if I were you.
Old 5/20/11, 06:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Old 5/20/11, 06:52 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Read this while you snack. The guy really does have some terrible luck. I'm not doubting him, I don't know him and have no reason to. It just seems like karma is kicking his *** for something.

https://themustangsource.com/f726/i-...y-cars-487578/

Old 5/20/11, 07:10 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
... I really feel for you, you must have the worst luck in the world. I'd stay away from thunderstorms if I were you.

And Boomer's little green aliens jumping from their UFO, they are specially lethal.

WATCH OUT!

Old 5/20/11, 08:15 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Didn't you try to lemon law your last Mustang too for multiple problems that they could never fix? I really feel for you, you must have the worst luck in the world. I'd stay away from thunderstorms if I were you.
Yep, I remembered him...
Old 5/20/11, 08:16 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Boomer has a personal vendetta against me, so sure.
I do?
If you weren't on my radar before, you most certainly are now....wtg guy.

BTW since you are calling me out on this, your ban was a result of NUMEROUS complaints from reported posts by other users.
Old 5/20/11, 08:17 PM
Bullitt Member

no tranny problems for me
Old 5/20/11, 08:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well......'11 GT/CS.......skip shift disconnected shortly after purchase.....no real problems except rear tire wear......seems like it does not match the front tire wear.....can I get a poll posted...lol..6800+ miles since Nov. 29th.
Old 5/20/11, 09:09 PM
V6 Member

No poll for you....but Ford should warranty those rear tires! I would call 20/20 ASAP!

Originally Posted by AzPete
Well......'11 GT/CS.......skip shift disconnected shortly after purchase.....no real problems except rear tire wear......seems like it does not match the front tire wear.....can I get a poll posted...lol..6800+ miles since Nov. 29th.
Old 5/20/11, 10:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by PolishAmericanMustang
Another beautiful, epic fail brought to you by ssimaniac!

How can you lump notchy, rough, and grinding into the same option?!? There is a big difference!! Again, another pointless exercise brought to by J(matero's)CREW.
Why so rude?
At least you're consistent.
Old 5/21/11, 08:03 AM
Banned

Read this while you snack. The guy really does have some terrible luck. I'm not doubting him, I don't know him and have no reason to. It just seems like karma is kicking his *** for something.

https://themustangsource.com/f726/i-...y-cars-487578/

It's not my fault Ford makes ****ty cars. As you can see from this poll, 28% of members that voted here are having issues with their tranny. The infamous water leak issues in 05-09 affected a LOT of people. Karma has nothing to do with it, but rather a ****ty product. I will probably never buy a Ford again, and I love my mustang. Just because they can't get quality control under their belt, at least since the 1980's anyway. I owned plenty of other cars and never had such serious issues like with Ford. It's my mistake for trying to give someone a second chance. Just like George Bush said, screw me once shame on you...screw me twice....well you aint gonna fool me again.
Old 5/21/11, 08:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boomer
I do?
If you weren't on my radar before, you most certainly are now....wtg guy.

BTW since you are calling me out on this, your ban was a result of NUMEROUS complaints from reported posts by other users.

That's BS. I was attacked in that thread so I stood up for myself. Numerous complaints from one thread where everyone was going over the line? Yeah, no. I never engaged with ANYONE besides that one thread. And I reported to you that people were going over the line as well and you decided to do nothing, or even respond.

"On your radar" like really, what are we in high school? You are on an internet message board, you don't fly planes or save lives. I'd relax and realize it's not that important. I haven't insulted anyone, or you, and I don't plan on to. I come here to share information, check out everyones mustangs etc. Banning me for calling someone retarded, fine. No big deal. But if you want to be fair, be fair to everyone else as well.

Last edited by ssimaniac; 5/21/11 at 08:09 AM.
Old 5/21/11, 08:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MRGTX
Why so rude?
At least you're consistent.
This guy Polish goes around insulting multiple members and Boomer, or whoever else, don't do a thing since they agree on the MT-82 flawless God-worthy transmission.
Old 5/21/11, 08:52 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's not my fault Ford makes ****ty cars. As you can see from this poll, 28% of members that voted here are having issues with their tranny. The infamous water leak issues in 05-09 affected a LOT of people. Karma has nothing to do with it, but rather a ****ty product. I will probably never buy a Ford again, and I love my mustang. Just because they can't get quality control under their belt, at least since the 1980's anyway. I owned plenty of other cars and never had such serious issues like with Ford. It's my mistake for trying to give someone a second chance. Just like George Bush said, screw me once shame on you...screw me twice....well you aint gonna fool me again.
That's a pretty bold claim. To say Ford makes bad cars, when you're having issues with one model is the real issue. Don't make a comment like that without specifying. You're upset because you had issues with your 05-09, which were fixed, and now you're crying about the transmission. I remember the water leak issues, and I also remember how they were fixed and what caused them. That was out of Ford's hands, and when they found the issue, it was promptly dealt with.
Old 5/21/11, 09:10 AM
V6 Member

I've had no issues with my mt-82 on my '11 gt/cs, owned for 10 months now. Well besides skip shift, but that was more of an annoyance, and that is now disabled.
Old 5/21/11, 10:42 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
This guy Polish goes around insulting multiple members and Boomer, or whoever else...
Such ingratitude.

You should be thankful at your newly found stardom and many new friends.

Quick Reply: Poll: MT-82 Shifting Issues or Not